• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
EP 8, 9, and 10 seem like a three episode arch like last season. Awesome.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, curious thing about the Machine UI. Wonder if they're going to be swapping interfaces on some episodes.

Nobility

Banned
PoI continues to have perfect music

Theory
I imagine if the Machine absorbs Samaritan, it'll gain its UI
This is a good theory.

Just based off of ep. 10 episode's title, I think:
The Machine will either upload a virus or somehow intentionally attack Samaritan and somehow inherit Samaritan's functions 50/50.

Hence, The Cold War.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
This is a good theory.

Just based off of ep. 10 episode's title, I think:
The Machine will either upload a virus or somehow intentionally attack Samaritan and somehow inherit Samaritan's functions 50/50.

Hence, The Cold War.

Was thinking something more along the MAD doctrine. Mutual assured destruction. Both machines will reach a stalemate and they'll be obligated to do something different to exterminate the other.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Wait Until You See What We Do With This Missile

Nobility

Banned
Amanda Segal knocked it out of the park this episode.

Very surprising, the commercials didn't give me too much confidence but she has proven time and time again that she knows how to write a well crafted POI episode.

I think we all know that missile will have a pivotal moment during this season.

POI is 3/3 so far, keep up the good work!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
First thought is, blowing up a Samaritan server building.

Or perhaps Greer in a helicopter.

Sober

Pretty much all the stuff the POI this week said is about a million times better advice than any PUA will ever give you.

ZenaxPure

I thought that was a fun episode, a lot better than I was expecting based on the preview anyway. A few things I thought were interesting:

I like that they finally addressed what happened between Fusco and his date way back in season 2 (the episode where the wife and husband try to kill each other). They just sort of stopped talking to each other after a few dates. I'm just going to blame Fusco for not calling.

Seems like Root won't be super OP this season. I remember that was something that people discussed in the season 3 thread figuring that they would kill off Root or the machine or something because the machine makes her an all seeing and powerful character. Having to be wary of Samaritan seems like a pretty good way to get around this for now. It was only one line so people might have missed it, but basically she said the machine can't really communicate with her like it could in the past due to Samaritan always on the look out.

Lastly I wonder if the use of the machine UI this episode is because Samaritan really wasn't featured in anything going on. This is all just speculation obviously but it makes sense we saw things from Samaritan's point of view in the past 2 episodes because it was directly involved with everything going on (sending an agent in to do work in the first episode and then creating the game in the second episode). If we are viewing the show from the eyes of the machines then it makes sense Samaritan wouldn't really be focusing on everything going on in this episode as it has no direct stake in it, where as the Machine was responsible for a lot of the stuff that happened in this episode, so it would want to keep an eye on it.

SkyOdin

CHEKOV'S MISSILE
Darn, I was going to post that!
Lastly I wonder if the use of the machine UI this episode is because Samaritan really wasn't featured in anything going on. This is all just speculation obviously but it makes sense we saw things from Samaritan's point of view in the past 2 episodes because it was directly involved with everything going on (sending an agent in to do work in the first episode and then creating the game in the second episode). If we are viewing the show from the eyes of the machines then it makes sense Samaritan wouldn't really be focusing on everything going on in this episode as it has no direct stake in it, where as the Machine was responsible for a lot of the stuff that happened in this episode, so it would want to keep an eye on it.

Yeah, that's how I interpreted that too. The use of the Machine's graphics reflected that it was the Machine's plans in action this episode. Episodes 1 and 2 used Samaritan graphics to reflect how events were moving based on Samaritan's plans. The writers will probably mix it up a bit moving forward just to keep us all guessing though, hah.

Anyways, this isn't the first time we've had a peek at Finch's ability to assume different identities. In the flashbacks, Finch's old friend asked Finch if he even remembered his real name, reflecting how long he has been using false identities. More immediately, it reminded me of the episode about the killer stranded with them on the island during the hurricane. If I recall correctly, that killer commented that Finch was in some ways like him: good at changing who he was. Finch's ability to take a cold read of a situation and step into character has been a quiet part of his skillset for most of the series. He just rarely steps into a role as threatening as "Mr. Egret".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom