• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The seeds of doubt have been planted.
Control may still be ruthless and carry out her orders, but she's really starting to see something is wrong.

And yeah, that proves that a number of targets were innocent.

Nobility

Banned
It all starts with an idea.

Samaritan's days are numbered.

Three weeks. Three. Freaking. Weeks.

Wy5RVDY.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Strange, usually when POI goes on any break, there's no preview, but we got one.

maybe some sort of hope exists after all.

B7SAmRaCAAA20Xk.jpg

Doorman

control probably wanted that info to die with him.

Three members of that group had already been killed by the US government in secrecy...it's unfortunate, but whether she believed him or not, leaving him is a loophole that could threaten the whole operation. Not to mention Samaritan still knew he was alive and could once again cease cooperation if she tried to refuse "completing the job."

Still curious, though. We already knew that Samaritan was using the Nautilus game to find capable hackers and coders to help do its work, but why leave the girl alive and treat her as an asset, while other potentially useful pieces are snuffed out? It's highly doubtful that that's the first coder they've silenced.

BokehKing

Banned
Control may have killed the guy because Samaritan was watching, even if she believed him.
Nah she didn't believe

What I didn't get, when root was telling Control what was up
How come Control didn't believe it
I mean look what Samaritan did not even 5 minutes earlier, blocking access to the computer

Lonestar

POI Writers' Office ‏@POIWritersRoom 4m4 minutes ago
Thanks for watching, everyone. Pack a bag for next episode. We’re going on the road

I found it to be a good episode, with a nice benchmark scene for Finch with Control. A bit of a different kind of episode, and one that doesn't quite fit right in the "trilogy sense", especially if there really is a 4th, as it looks like The Double R's are going upstate.

The rough location looks to be Haverstraw, NY
oDHA141.jpg

Nobility

Banned
Pres Obama needs to meet with Samaritan.

Why not? In S1, they showed him as the president-elect so he is the president in the POI universe.

Corner him when he's on vacation, I need to see this lol.

Lonestar

Three members of that group had already been killed by the US government in secrecy...it's unfortunate, but whether she believed him or not, leaving him is a loophole that could threaten the whole operation. Not to mention Samaritan still knew he was alive and could once again cease cooperation if she tried to refuse "completing the job."

Still curious, though. We already knew that Samaritan was using the Nautilus game to find capable hackers and coders to help do its work, but why leave the girl alive and treat her as an asset, while other potentially useful pieces are snuffed out? It's highly doubtful that that's the first coder they've silenced.

It's a sign that it's lying to the assets, as he assuredly is. There's no separating id for "helpers" versus hitman. They are all assets to Samaritan, to be thrown away at it's whim.

Once it got whatever it was from him, adios amigo. Before he gets a chance to talk about the thing he worked on, even if he felt like it was harmless or "helpful to humanity."

What did he say he thought it was? Algorithm's on Climate Control?

I've only just realised that when an establishment shot is shown through Samaritan's eyes, it lists the number of personnel in the building and how many of them are deviants. The NYSE seemed to have the highest % of deviancy lol

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
control probably wanted that info to die with him.

I'm not sure about that. Control, regardless of her issues, is very devoted to protecting the American public. Shooting an innocent American doesn't seem to fit.

Maybe she doesn't have enough proof question if she's being lied to so she can't risk it. Which is why she's continuing on with her own private investigation.

Doorman

It's a sign that it's lying to the assets, as he assuredly is. There's no separating id for "helpers" versus hitman. They are all assets to Samaritan, to be thrown away at it's whim.

Once it got whatever it was from him, adios amigo. Before he gets a chance to talk about the thing he worked on, even if he felt like it was harmless or "helpful to humanity."

What did he say he thought it was? Algorithm's on Climate Control?

I agree with all of that, I guess my main question out of it was "why reveal itself and protect the hacker-girl that Team Machine rescued, when other Nautilus winners are treated as disposable code monkeys?" I still expect her to show back up at some point.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I'm not sure about that. Control, regardless of her issues, is very devoted to protecting the American public. Shooting an innocent American doesn't seem to fit.

Maybe she doesn't have enough proof question if she's being lied to so she can't risk it. Which is why she's continuing on with her own private investigation.
Control strikes me as a "big picture" sort of person, more interested in protecting America than an American.

There is no doubt in my mind that Control is a card-carrying member of the "sacrifice a few for the good of the whole" club.

faridmon

Another great episode. It was very somber and you could feel the heavy air that was lingering on the team. Especially Root, her acting was brilliant. That sad face, almost ready to break down any second because her friend is missing is just powerful. And I didn't realise Shaw was being labelled as a sociopath and disregarded by the society until Root mentioned it to Control. Damn that Interrogation scene was something else. The writing in this show is incredible.

Also, Control is ruthless. I really don't like that side of her at all. Killing innocent people, knowing their innocent is not my thing at all. All for America? Give me a break. I really hope she gets punished for this somehow.

Also, Finch was great ''You are saying like we weren't expecting them'' Damn!

This actually might my favourite Episode yet. There was a lot of stakes riding on this one!

Shit, that was fucking good.

Man, Control is freaking cold. It was an interesting choice to have most of the episode follow Control and the ISA as... well, we come to the realization that they are in control of nothing. Grice already had doubts, and as ruthless as Control is, it likes Finch has planted that seed of doubt in her. I still was pissed when she killed the innocent dude at the end though :( I did like them deepening her character in the beginning of the episode, trying to sift through all the data and make the connections, while the Samaritan dude was just being a smug sack of shit being like "just kill the dudes".

I bet we're heading to an internal civil war type situation between the ISA and Samaritan forces embedded within the government.

Loved the roving updates about the mayhem that Reese and Root were causing looking for Shaw. And this ain't no trilogy! We into quadrilogies now, bitches!

And Finch totally brought the menace.

That little kid is smug as shit, fits Samaritan perfectly. Can't wait for Samaritan to get wiped out.

Wiktor

"Guy comes out of nowhere and shoots me in the knee" :D

And I loved how the first half was all Control, with Reese's and Root's warpath just mentioned in the background.

And Jesus fuck, Samaritan is terryfing. Openly opposing the goverment, blackmailing chief of staff, falsyfying data on people it wants to kill. The whole goverment is tiny step away from giving complete control to AI.

Also...anyone thinks the dangerous code is actually made by machine instead of Samaritan? We never got a follow up on the secret stuff Finch did in Hongkong. I think machine might be slowly building pieces of some hardcore nuclear virus.

"Guy comes out of nowhere and shoots me in the knee" :D

And I loved how the first half was all Control, with Reese's and Root's warpath just mentioned in the background.

And Jesus fuck, Samaritan is terryfing. Openly opposing the goverment, blackmailing chief of staff, falsyfying data on people it wants to kill. The whole goverment is tiny step away from giving complete control to AI.

Also...anyone thinks the dangerous code is actually made by machine instead of Samaritan? We never got a follow up on the secret stuff Finch did in Hongkong. I think machine might be slowly building pieces of some hardcore nuclear virus.

Oh, I'd fucking love that. If that was legit, then Samaritan would feel something new: fear.

Chariot

Damn, Samaritan is scary. And also douchy. I wanted to smack Trevor in the face for his constant smugness.
And when the last episode was constant action, this episode was a lot about longer scenes. The end with Control walking around looking for clues, with no obvious visible was tense. I really was on my seat hoping for her to find, to see something, to not get lost again. Same for Control having the shot on Yasin and deciding to greenlight the operation. Her essential being the main character this weak brought a lot fresh air, because she has a different moral codex than Team Machine.

And apropos Team Machine, they really are getting thin now. Only Root is fully operational in the next episode, and she is clearly emotionally unstable. Resse is shot and while he showed that he still can kick ass, he is running around with a barely treated wound. Finch is staying home and I guess Fusco isn't coming with them either.

But, the last episode is called Karma, which gives me hope for everything. I hope Samaritan gets really burned by all the bullshit it's done. It
I don't think so. He said he won the Nautilus Game and was shortly contacted after. I don't think Samaritan would forget an valuable asset and it was established, that the Nautilus Game is Samaritan's work.

--

Also all my tears for Root, who clawed at Control's cage as if she still would see Samin dying through the grid.

I would say Control did believe Yasin, but she couldn't risk letting Samaritan know that (we saw the moment of her shooting Yasin from a CCTV point of view, and therefore a Samaritan point of view). Her primary objective is stay alive so she can fight another day. She is so gonna carry Hershel's torch for Team Machine, if not in immediate future.

Chariot

N573RiS.gif

- picture unrelated -

For that matter, why does Samaritan have cameras in Canada? I mean, it could be some surveillance team to watch Control not going rogue or just something to tell the story, but it could also mean that Samaritan is taking control over foreign surveillance systems.

Wiktor

[/SPOILER]I don't think so. He said he won the Nautilus Game and was shortly contacted after. I don't think Samaritan would forget an valuable asset and it was established, that the Nautilus Game is Samaritan's work. [/spoiler]
yes, but I don't think Samaritan set it up. Why would it? If they're good he would recruit them and most of all I don't think he would ever set up a game, which's results could end up destroying him. Nah. I think Finch and machine might have introduced their own variables into the game.

Chariot

yes, but I don't think Samaritan set it up. Why would it? If they're good he would recruit them and most of all I don't think he would ever set up a game, which's results could end up destroying him. Nah. I think Finch and machine might have introduced their own variables into the game.
The purpose of the game is to destroy all other AIs. Note how the girl's mission was to hack into some other companies assets to expose their plans and shut the operation down.

But I could think of the Machine just jumping on the hype wagon and making a blatant Nautilus copy to lure some of the talent away. But you would think that it would protect it's assets better than that, like send a warning or something.

ZenaxPure

Man I love episodes where the main characters are more background pieces to other characters, so cool. Also was not what I was expecting at all based on last weeks preview, but in a good way. Control also continues to be awesome, she is certainly starting to smell the Samaritan BS being thrown her way.

As for why Samaritan has cameras in Canada: it has ALL the feeds. The first shot of Samaritan this season is it monitoring Martine as she does stuff in Hungary for example. Also keep in mind that Root has said in the past that Samaritan and the Machine have the same feeds and we've seen over the years that the Machine can view cameras all across the world, so its no surprise Samaritan can as well.

Lonestar

Hate to say it again, but I believe Samaritan lies to its assets and is ok with trashing them once they've done what it wants.

Cause that's exactly what it did to this guy.

I think Samaritan's nature of disposing of its human assets so easily might be its ultimate downfall. Samaritan just is not capable of caring whereas the Machine will do as much as possible to ensure their survival as well as accomplishing the mission.

Root almost breaking down in the car at the end was like an emotional gutpunch.

The scene where Root and Reese are interrogating Control is so good. Amy Acker's killllling!

Nobility

Banned
I think Samaritan's nature of disposing of its human assets so easily might be its ultimate downfall. Samaritan just is not capable of caring whereas the Machine will do as much as possible to ensure their survival as well as accomplishing the mission.

Interesting that you mentioned that.

Samaritan's cavalier attitude actually reminded me of how Dominic treats his soldiers. I would not be surprised at all if Dominic pursues a higher form a consciousness to put the pieces together.

I would love to see Dominic and Samaritan join forces only to end up battling with each other. Would be fitting for both groups to result in each other's downfall.

Interesting that you mentioned that.

Samaritan's cavalier attitude actually reminded me of how Dominic treats his soldiers. I would not be surprised at all if Dominic pursues a higher form a consciousness to put the pieces together.

I would love to see Dominic and Samaritan join forces only to end up battling with each other. Would be fitting for both groups to result in each other's downfall.

Oh... oh, now that's good.

Lonestar

The scene where Root and Reese are interrogating Control is so good. Amy Acker's killllling!

Proof is that, the Stock mission, the objective of fixing the economy was it's secondary objective.

The Machine's primary objective was it's asset survival.

<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom