• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sources are telling me that after Control-Alt-Delete, the next episode is February 3.

Please no. :(

tidfzc.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
:/

I mean, I know one tuesday will probably be the State of The Union address, but why the other one. It's not like March Madness is around...

Oy, We'll still have March Madness to wait through...

So i blitzed through Seasons 1- Season 4 Ep11 in 3 weeks, I need more. And i need it now. Idk what I'd do if I'd been waiting between seasons for this show.

Can someone explain me, why this show is not weekly reagular?

Many reasons.
1. Something else big is on(sports, award shows, etc), don't want to compete so they show a repeat.
2. Sometimes they just want episodes to air during sweeps so they bump episodes around instead of just 1 huge gap.*
3. Summer and the weeks around Christmas and New Years are deadzones so they don't air then.

*They think thats better like they are keeping it fresh in people's minds.
What it actually does is just cause confusion because an average person isn't going to follow the week here, 3 weeks there and 1 more here.

CBS is pretty bad about it but Once Upon a Time on ABC was like the worst I had ever seen.
3 week break, episode, 2 week break, episode, 1 week break, 2 episodes, 2 week break.

Bluth54

Can someone explain me, why this show is not weekly reagular?

US prime time TV seasons last from around September/October until around May. They only make 22-23 episodes of a show a year so there aren't enough episodes in a season to air a new episode every week. The sweeps periods are November, February and May so you usually see new episodes during those months.

Personally I would like to see more shows start later, in late October or earlier November so that there are fewer breaks during the season, but what can you do?

Lonestar

What Bluth said.

Lost and 24 would start in January/February and have little or no breaks.

Both used to start in September and used to have long breaks like POI has. Just not enough episodes to fill in.

Goodstyle

I wouldn't exactly say it's been clear since Root's default character state is the same kind of condescending flirtation with everyone. Like I said, they do finally telegraph it in this episode, which is pretty cleverly done having the The Machine seemingly work it out through it's simulations. But it's still about as abrupt a revelation as Reese/Carter ended up being and not really done much more convincingly. On the one hand, I think the show does a great job in portraying the detached professionalism of these characters but otherwise has a difficult time in cracking open their more emotional states convincingly. Exception being Harold, who they seem to do the best job of portraying that dichotomy of detachment while still being emotionally charged.

\/\/\/ I'll grant you that they did manage to convey something a little more significant going on between Root and Shaw throughout the season, but nothing that conveyed anything as deap-seated as what they ultimately tried to sell (at least from Root's standpoint where she positively breaks down).

I'm not sure how it's possible for someone to watch this show and not see Root's attraction to Shaw. I mean, it was so damn obvious, "No one could miss it" I though. I guess I thought wrong lol.

Anywho, hyped for the next episode beyond imagining.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Just watched last week episode, it was insane. One of the best, if not the best, in the show for sure.

Wow.

Sober

The finale of the three-parter tonight!

"Control-Alt-Delete"

Control, who oversees the handling of relevant numbers for the government, begins to question the methods and intentions of the Samaritan program. Also, alarming news reports of a pair of vigilantes rampaging through the Northeast begin to surface.

Well, after my initial disappointment with the first part of the trilogy, If-Then-Else came along and knocked me on my ass. Wow, what a great episode. Clever premise, great flashbacks, some pitch perfect humor balanced with some serious(ly dark) drama, and then that fucking ending. Wow. Legit shook.

I did think it was weird that the episode started with the standard opening and Finch monologue, though. There wasn't even a number this week! At the very least, I assumed we'd jump straight in and then get a delayed title card, like they've done a couple times already this season. But, no, "victim or perpetrator, if you're number comes up" - cue shot of Team Machine running down a hallway. Okay.

Wonder if they'll shake it up for this last episode now. Really excited to see how this ends. I like the idea that
Shaw isn't necessarily dead, but nobody knows for sure. She's lost. There's no finality, nothing to process the same way with Carter's death. Root can cling to hope, however misguided. The writers can use that ambiguity to fuel some good drama.

I did think it was weird that the episode started with the standard opening and Finch monologue, though. There wasn't even a number this week!
Yeah, they haven't been playing with the intro as much as they used to. For the past few weeks it's been bugging me that Shaw was still flipping to "Irrelevant" when Samaritan can see her now.

mackaveli

Good episode so far. This show is amazing. There could be spin offs of this show if they wanted. I hope it never ends.

Edit. This show is so damn good.

Lonestar

I'm starting to believe the Podcast of Interest team is legit going crazy as they start making more and more episodes which act like they are part of the TV show.

I kind of think this last episode, with all it's "Elias is coming" spiel, is hinting that they are in talks, or perhaps already scheduled, to have a podcast with Enrico on.

Enrico Colantoni ‏@ricocolantoni Jan 3
My daughter was watching @PersonInterest and got sad; she realized i wasnt that cool in real life. #ihavearrived

David Vox Mullen ‏@DavidVoxMullen Jan 3
@ricocolantoni @PersonInterest You'd be even cooler if you Joined us on the @PodOfInterest http://www.DVMPE.com

@ricocolantoni Jan 3
@DavidVoxMullen @PersonInterest @PodOfInterest when?

‏@DavidVoxMullen
@ricocolantoni @PersonInterest @PodOfInterest Have your people call my people. And by my people I mean ME! DVMPodcastEmpire@gmail.com

trinest

I kind of think this last episode, with all it's "Elias is coming" spiel, is hinting that they are in talks, or perhaps already scheduled, to have a podcast with Enrico on.

I think they even mentioned it at the end of the episode to expect him on soon.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
This God damned show. THIS SHOW, MAN. How the hell do they do it? I'm never going to be able to do a top 10 with amazing quality like this.

Doorman

Seriously though, who would bomb the Spirit of Detroit statue? That thing's cool and doesn't hurt anybody. :c

Plus attacking Detroit is just adding insult to injury. Thanks for the shoutouts to our landmarks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom