• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I need the pros from POI-GAF to tell us what has each writer and director done in the series!

I remember those great analysis from S3, damn good.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'll take a look at doing those again.

Lonestar...

you-the-real-mvo-54248aa4160ee.jpg

Don't feel forced to do that though, only if you are compelled to do so.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome to see they're also getting Season 4 that same month, thought it would take much more time before they got it.

Hope it gains new fans for S5.

I would certainly join that rewatch thread, Sober!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
S5E4 Title -
ShotSeeker

https://twitter.com/AndyCallahan/status/637814073971900416

Writer: Andy Callahan
Director: Maja Vrvilo

Looks like this title might have changed:

Jonah and Greg picked their "8 best episodes" and one of them hasn't aired:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/04/person-of-interest-on-netflix-the-show-creators-name-their-8-favorite-episodes?page=1

"6,741"
Season 5, Episode 4

Nolan: I have one more episode. And it's one the fans haven't seen yet. One of my other top favorite episodes on the show is Episode 4 of Season 5. Which is called "6,741." It's a doozy. It's going to blow everyone away. And it's just filled with f**king mayhem.

Plageman: We're pretty good now with stringing stories together, using multiple episodes in a row. Where it feels like you're really building to an explosive climax. We've been able to do that with a duration of a 23-episode season. To sustain the excitement and the serialized aspects for that long. But I think this year, with the 13 episodes, the really great part about that is that we're just building and building throughout. And what we have planned for the final three episodes of Season 5 is amazing.

The others are:
Many Happy Returns s1
Firewall s1
Bad Code s2
Relevance s2
Devil's Share s3
Deus Ex Machina s3
If-Then-Else s4

Sober

Also it looks like Denise The is now co-showrunner as well along with Jonah and Greg. Now you actually should be afraid the main characters can die.

Well, except for Bear.

Nobility

Banned
I haven't even started my re-watch yet and now I am mad hyped.

I really want to see that new episode if Nolan admits it's going to be huge. He doesn't usually hype things like that...

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I love how mysterious the titles are, but when you watch the episode, it makes perfect sense.

Rokam

Been doing a rewatch, the outliers speech from Elias at the end of the Devil's Share is probably my favorite moment of the show. That and the Vigilance reveal, instant sympathy for the character. Season 3 was incredibly on point.

Chariot

Been doing a rewatch, the outliers speech from Elias at the end of the Devil's Share is probably my favorite moment of the show. That and the Vigilance reveal, instant sympathy for the character. Season 3 was incredibly on point.
Yes, I love that speech. I quote parts of it often in threads where people ask for people to be lynched or killed by a cilivian.

I'm doing a rewatch and something is bugging me. Does The Machine only care about America? Or is it giving information to other countries too? Whenever people talk about it they only talk about it being used to protect the US from terrorists. It feels like it would have been more interesting to see it start giving information to other countries too once it set itself free.

I know a big plot point is the other AI having to be granted access to camera feeds, but with all the smart phones and webcams it seems like it could have easily gone worldwide. Seems unfair that the US would get exclusive access to it. (And more unfair that the machine wouldn't do everything it can to make sure everyone is protected?)

Feels like it should have at least came up by now. It kinda bugs me that it hasn't.

ZenaxPure

Feels like it should have at least came up by now. It kinda bugs me that it hasn't.

If you are talking about the terrorist side specifically it's probably a safe bet that Control and her agents were protecting the entire world. Every flashback about John when he worked for Control had him globetrotting and it's implied that he and Stanton weren't the only agents doing that kind of stuff. Only seems reasonable that they would be stopping all terrorists regardless of their targets.

Chariot

If you are talking about the terrorist side specifically it's probably a safe bet that Control and her agents were protecting the entire world. Every flashback about John when he worked for Control had him globetrotting and it's implied that he and Stanton weren't the only agents doing that kind of stuff. Only seems reasonable that they would be stopping all terrorists regardless of their targets.
Nah, they protected the USA, that included threats that were big enough for the entire world. I can't see them doing anything against Breivik or the IRA.

Lonestar

I'm doing a rewatch and something is bugging me. Does The Machine only care about America? Or is it giving information to other countries too? Whenever people talk about it they only talk about it being used to protect the US from terrorists. It feels like it would have been more interesting to see it start giving information to other countries too once it set itself free.

I know a big plot point is the other AI having to be granted access to camera feeds, but with all the smart phones and webcams it seems like it could have easily gone worldwide. Seems unfair that the US would get exclusive access to it. (And more unfair that the machine wouldn't do everything it can to make sure everyone is protected?)

Built originally for the US Government, with no actual ability to do anything on it's own. It could only give out numbers to a specific person (A person in the government i.e. Control), and secretly to Harold. It wasn't just giving out those numbers to anyone it wanted. Took some logical coxing from Reese at the end of S1 to gain access to the numbers.

At this point, it's up to the people it gave the numbers to, to do something. Being the US Government (like all Governments), it'll only work on this according to it's own interests.

Also, I'm sure other governments really wouldn't be pleased to know you have something that can freely spy on everything you do and report back to you on it.

But, Samaritan is probably moving on into this department of working globally.

The thing about the government feeds, has quietly started bugging me, in regards to how The Machine could still "see" after it was discontinued on the Government's side. I always took it to be: The feeds are how it got sent out into the world, and once done, there's no way to cut it off, short of how season 4 ended (forcing it out of it's "living quarters").

ZenaxPure

Nah, they protected the USA, that included threats that were big enough for the entire world. I can't see them doing anything against Breivik or the IRA.

Well my main point is that it only makes sense that they would cover any major threats across the world because in the show they've never mentioned another large scale terrorist attack in the entire world happening since 9/11 (besides the 2 that are orchestrated during the course of the show). Seems weird that they wouldn't mention any sort of terrorist attack happening at some point in the story. Also worth noting I'm not saying that the Machine/Control protect the entire world on purpose, I see it as more of a byproduct of trying to protect America.

I really hated the Peter Collier reveal, he really didn't have that much character development before that and it made him look a chump.

Glad to see the guy who played Marlo on the wire is in season 4, I wish he was an ally of the team.

I feel like the machine should have more than Harold and co. as operatives. Should be recruiting ppl around the country.

I wish they would tone Root down. Her character is really annoying...and portrayed too cute to be unhinged.

Other than her, I love everyone on the good side. Shaw, Reese, finch, and fusco.

Lonestar

Well my main point is that it only makes sense that they would cover any major threats across the world because in the show they've never mentioned another large scale terrorist attack in the entire world happening since 9/11 (besides the 2 that are orchestrated during the course of the show). Seems weird that they wouldn't mention any sort of terrorist attack happening at some point in the story. Also worth noting I'm not saying that the Machine/Control protect the entire world on purpose, I see it as more of a byproduct of trying to protect America.

There still was some "larger" attacks it stopped. Shaw's intro was about stopping some kind of gas attack in Germany, and there are little hints thrown out everyonce and awhile about some plot being foiled (usually shown as newspaper headlines).

I liked that the 2 attacks that were successful, happened because the government did it themselves (the ferry bombing) and they were perpetrated by people who knew of the existence of the Machine and could plan around blindspots (Decima/Courthouse Bombing).

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Just started watching this show on Netflix

about three episodes in

show is interesting, but it's literally just Early Edition with more guns

and instead of a cat bringing him tomorrow's newspaper it's a big NSA computer or something

Pancho

Qurupancho
Patiently waiting for Sept 22 so I can watch S4 on Netflix. Watched S1 through 3 in 2 weeks! This is one of the best shows I've seen in a while.

Nobility

Banned

about three episodes in

and instead of a cat bringing him tomorrow's newspaper it's a big NSA computer or something

Keep watching, the payoff is well worth it.

Got to trust.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I love to see the reactions to the series from new people.

There still was some "larger" attacks it stopped. Shaw's intro was about stopping some kind of gas attack in Germany, and there are little hints thrown out everyonce and awhile about some plot being foiled (usually shown as newspaper headlines).

I liked that the 2 attacks that were successful, happened because the government did it themselves (the ferry bombing) and they were perpetrated by people who knew of the existence of the Machine and could plan around blindspots (Decima/Courthouse Bombing).

It was actually an attack from a dirty bomb (which would leave some radiation fallout, I think).

I always took it that even in those situations, the Machine was protecting America. Indirectly. A terrorist attack in a developed Western nation would probably have economical effects on Wall Street, weakening America.

Or maybe the Machine saw that these attacks would make those terrorist groups stronger, allowing for attacks on American soil.

about three episodes in
Patiently waiting for Sept 22 so I can watch S4 on Netflix. Watched S1 through 3 in 2 weeks! This is one of the best shows I've seen in a while.
NEW PEOPLE ! AWESOME :D:D:D
Please update us on how its going would love to read the updates.

I love to see the reactions to the series from new people.
This basically

Sölf

about three episodes in

Watch at least until episode 7. If by that point you aren't hooked, I think it won't change much anymore. Episode 7 is basically that one episodes where you realize that there are bigger things going on. Before that it's mostly just "Villain of the week".

Chariot

Sölf;179327575 said:
Watch at least until episode 7. If by that point you aren't hooked, I think it won't change much anymore. Episode 7 is basically that one episodes where you realize that there are bigger things going on. Before that it's mostly just "Villain of the week".
Brr, only reading that played "Sinner Man" in my head. Goosebumps all over again.

Any word on when s5 begins? is it next month or new year?

Thinking of rewatching season 4 what would people think are the miss able Eps I want to do a story run

Sonicbug

about three episodes in

Oh my god....maybe that's why I gravitated to the show like I did. Ha ha ha.

about three episodes in

It starts to step away from that as time goes on. That's when shit gets cray. Early episodes are just laying the groundwork.

Since not having a job, being broke, and mostly stuck at home; I've went through the first three seasons of POI again, working on S4 for like the third time now. I think I am up to Episode 11.

I feel good about life again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom