• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – The Fifth and Final Season |OT| "Thank you for creating me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobility

Banned
xT8qBoqfan4ZoculUc.gif

xT8qBoqfan4ZoculUc.gif

xT8qBoqfan4ZoculUc.gif

Doorman

I'm actually starting to dislike Blackwell more and more, the more he appears. And not because he's a truly bad or interesting villain. He's just a total toolbox of a human being...and also a pretty inept Samaritan agent, even by generic Samaritan goon agent standards.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Don't think they've created the kind of Kleenex needed for these combination of emotions (sadness/anger/excitement)

Goddammit goddammit goddammit goddammit.

That was an amazing episode.

How the fuck am I supposed to wait for the final three episodes?!

Zetta

Anger > Sadness > hype.... Finch is going to go to town now. I knew this was what it was leading too but damn was it sweet.

Nobility

Banned
Emotion is the future...

When you attack those you hold close, rage will blind you from even the most reasonable of actions.

There is a time for peace, this is not that time.

If Samaritan wants mutually assured destruction...

So be it.

So I think we are all in agreement that was the greatest
MOST DEVASTATING
episode in POI history.

xT8qBdsJUvD6Kjm3C0.gif

Doorman

Shiiiiiiiiitttt son. We've had tiny glimpses into what Harold's capable of when he gets truly serious, but there's no telling what this is going to lead to.

I'm disappointed that I was wrong about Blackwell and/or Boss lady going down, but I wish that he had gotten hit and went down. His character arc has turned out to be so incredibly pointless now that he's just another assassin.

Sonicbug

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain, Finch.

As for spoilers,
Root has become one with her Machine. I wonder how long they had that planned out or if it was just poetic justice.
Also, death flags were everywhere. =/

God these next episodes are going to be amazing. I love that Finch has set the dial for mild-mannered to 'Ben Linus'. Such an injustice that this show has been given this treatment.

Has the treason by Finch been brought up before?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
God these next episodes are going to be amazing. I love that Finch has set the dial for mild-mannered to 'Ben Linus'. Such an injustice that this show has been given this treatment.

More or less. A reason he ran out as a young man, and basically was a ghost from the 80's and on.

The "pi" episode implied he might have leaked darpanet, leading to the Internet we know of. Could also have seen other things in DARPA, like his mentioning of government crimes in the 70's

Sonicbug

Yeah, from the wikia:
In “2πR”, BSSH computer science teacher Chris Beckner talks about a hacker who got into the ARPANET and opened it up to the world without ever getting caught. Later, Finch tells Caleb Phipps about how a kid with a homemade computer turned the ARPANET inside out during the Cold War.

I have to say...I think Person of Interest is truly something else. I had my doubts about this season but I think this might be favorite show of all time. Hilariously enough my favorite drama was Lost so to see Micheal Emmerson do what he's doing now...I respect the hell out of him.

He's such a good fucking actor and I feel like he doesn't get near enough credit. And that episode was so good because of him man. Damn.

Damn I can't believe what I just saw.

Nobility

Banned
I'm still numb, I can't imagine how much worse it's going to get.

We have three more episodes.

Also, shout out to Michael Emerson, he should get an Emmy for that moment alone, that monologue was POWERFUL.

Goosebumps.

Oh shit, Root's VO at the beginning of the season makes a lot more sense now.

3oD3YDQOcCl4BYMkU0.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I guess it's fitting that the Machine talked through Root what feels like years ago, so it picks her voice in the end.

mackaveli

I have to say...I think Person of Interest is truly something else. I had my doubts about this season but I think this might be favorite show of all time. Hilariously enough my favorite drama was Lost so to see Micheal Emmerson do what he's doing now...I respect the hell out of him.

He's such a good fucking actor and I feel like he doesn't get near enough credit. And that episode was so good because of him man. Damn.

Damn I can't believe what I just saw.

I love lost too and when I watch person of interest I don't even think of Ben Linus at all. Like its crazy how good of an actor he is.

More or less. A reason he ran out as a young man, and basically was a ghost from the 80's and on.

The "pi" episode implied he might have leaked darpanet, leading to the Internet we know of. Could also have seen other things in DARPA, like his mentioning of government crimes in the 70's

Yeah, from the wikia:
Ah cool, thanks. I felt it might have been been covered before, just wasn't sure of the action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom