• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Darkman M

KuwabaraTheMan said:
From what I've seen, Ai's the best social link character. But I haven't found all of them yet. I'd much rather hang out with her than Chie.

What the fuck!!!... have you even finished AI's social link yet? If your answer is yes your probably never gonna get laid in real life.:lol

Blackjack

Darkman M said:
What the fuck!!!... have you even finished AI's social link yet? If your answer is yes your probably never gonna get laid in real life.:lol
Have YOU finished her Social Link? Ai is an amazing character.

birdchili

Kusagari said:
What the fuck? I could barely get past Noctourne's first dungeon without getting SMT'd 10 times :lol
yeah... i've come to the conclusion that i shouldn't have been where i was at the level i was. t'was an honest mistake:) i'm feeling much better now
that i've saved

Darkman M

Blackjack said:
Have YOU finished her Social Link? Ai is an amazing character.

Of course, i prefer my woman to not be a deceitful bitch:D She's the type of woman who would have you being in cuckold videos :lol

Edit: Not to mention Chie is way more awesome!!

Blackjack

Darkman M said:
Of course, i prefer my woman to not be a deceitful bitch:D She's the type of woman who would have you being in cuckold videos :lol
Okay, so you just have no actual grasp on her character. That's fine, but you do need to stop spreading these hateful lies. :D

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Boulayman said:
I actually did all that and got through all the phases you describe very well but then I was simply out of SP, keeping my party revived and health + Rakunda and Teddie's all party attack skill just drained most of my SP and since only MC and Yosuke have decent physical attack I could barely do any damage in the end and 5 or 6 of his final attack , whathever it is called that does around 150/200 damage to all the party got the best of me since it also made me run out of healing items.

Edit: Btw, is there anyway to skip that intro sequence for the boss, I saw it more than a dozen times now :(

You might be under leveled then. I was level 65 and my party consisted of
Yuske(S.Link maxed), Chie (S.Link maxed) & Teddy).

Boulayman

Witchfinder General said:
You might be under leveled then. I was level 65 and my party consisted of
Yuske(S.Link maxed), Chie (S.Link maxed) & Teddy).

Mc is at 56, the rest of my crew is @ 55. Kinda unrelated but has anyone played ar tonelico ? I heard the gameplay is a bit like the S-link stuff so is it easier than Persona 4 ? I am tired of getting my ass kicked so I might want to give Ar Tonelico a shot and return to Persona 4 in a few months once I will have gotten over the frustration. Would you recommend that game, I got it pretty cheap ?

KaosAngel

Banned
OMG, my data died on the PS3...OMG.

I have to do that entire intro again...

-shoots self in head-

Aw shit, doesn't work...this is Persona 4. >_>

Rofl, that was unintentionally funny.

Did an event with Saki Konishi's brother, and someone mentioned Morooka saying I had to help out... too bad he died two months ago.:lol No, King Moron. Why do you haunt us from beyond the grave?

NichM

Banned
Witchfinder General said:
Alright, for this battle you're going to need about 5 level 60+ Personas, each with different allignments (wind, ice, elec, fire and healing/support). Make sure that one or more of them has mind charge and one of them MUST null physical. You'll need a bunch of Magic Mirrors, too.

I used one Persona and didn't change throughout the fight.

Fused a Shiki-Ouji with innate Fire and Ice nulls; it also inherited a Null Wind during fusion and about 10 minutes' grinding got it that last level it needed to learn Null Physical as well--plus it inherited Agidyne and Ziodyne for a 50% chance of doing damage during Quad Converge.

To maximize its potential, I took Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko with me. When the time came for it to control my party members for two rounds, there literally wasn't a damn thing any of them could do to hurt me. I sustained 0 damage during that bit and just kept spamming Agidyne like any other turn.

S-Links & Endgame Q's and random insanity from playing way too long:

I've got 9 social links maxed and it's 11/06. I have yet to open tower (close to it). Should I go for the bad ending and then go from there? Does the bad ending still count for getting to new plus game? Should I stick it out and see how many more I can max? I have a couple at 9 and 7 etc... I think I could do it but I'd rather see the bad ending. Should I do multiple save files? Will I even have the time? (in real life?) Will the music for the next game be a collaboration with Soil & "Pimp" sessions? (...actually that might work for Raidou...)
Why is this game like crack?

Will we get Persona 5? Will the theme be red or green? Will the assist be male? Will males be dateable? Will there be a female lead? What form will the Velvet room take?

Ugh... so many questions~!
Gaf, I need your halp! :lol

Blackjack

KibblesBits said:
S-Links & Endgame Q's and random insanity from playing way too long:

I've got 9 social links maxed and it's 11/06. I have yet to open tower (close to it). Should I go for the bad ending and then go from there? Does the bad ending still count for getting to new plus game? Should I stick it out and see how many more I can max? I have a couple at 9 and 7 etc... I think I could do it but I'd rather see the bad ending. Should I do multiple save files? Will I even have the time? (in real life?) Will the music for the next game be a collaboration with Soil & "Pimp" sessions? (...actually that might work for Raidou...)
Why is this game like crack?

Will we get Persona 5? Will the theme be red or green? Will the assist be male? Will males be dateable? Will there be a female lead? What form will the Velvet room take?

Ugh... so many questions~!
Gaf, I need your halp! :lol
Just guessing here, but: yes, dunno, maybe, no, no, anything except an actual room.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
NichM said:
I used one Persona and didn't change throughout the fight.

Fused a Shiki-Ouji with innate Fire and Ice nulls; it also inherited a Null Wind during fusion and about 10 minutes' grinding got it that last level it needed to learn Null Physical as well--plus it inherited Agidyne and Ziodyne for a 50% chance of doing damage during Quad Converge.

To maximize its potential, I took Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko with me. When the time came for it to control my party members for two rounds, there literally wasn't a damn thing any of them could do to hurt me. I sustained 0 damage during that bit and just kept spamming Agidyne like any other turn.

That also works.

Well, Dungeon 5 certainly was easier than the last couple.

I beat Shadow Naoto in one try. It got close there at the end, but I pulled through. That was also with not only forgetting to stock up on healing items prior to entering the TV, but also forgetting to heal my party prior to the fight.

Naoto's story made up for it, though. Way better than Mitsuo freaking out.

Varna

KuwabaraTheMan said:

You kidding man?

I'm finding it impossible to to get any preemptive strikes and monsters are hitting me for around 300+ just with normal attacks. If it weren't for this Emperor effect I would be dead by now. :lol

KuwabaraTheMan said:
Rofl, that was unintentionally funny.

Did an event with Saki Konishi's brother, and someone mentioned Morooka saying I had to help out... too bad he died two months ago.:lol No, King Moron. Why do you haunt us from beyond the grave?

happened to me too. i think thats the only mistake they made.

daegan

Boulayman said:
Mc is at 56, the rest of my crew is @ 55. Kinda unrelated but has anyone played ar tonelico ? I heard the gameplay is a bit like the S-link stuff so is it easier than Persona 4 ? I am tired of getting my ass kicked so I might want to give Ar Tonelico a shot and return to Persona 4 in a few months once I will have gotten over the frustration. Would you recommend that game, I got it pretty cheap ?

You're not losing because of bad strategy, you're losing because you're way underleveled. OSG recommends 64, I did it with my main at 65. In P3 and P4, one or two levels can make a huge difference between you getting torn apart and victory. I'd also say go buy some new armor. Spend a rainy day just grinding grinding grinding, sell the stuff, buy the new stuff and come back the next day to fight the boss.

Question: (~25 hours in spoiler)
What is the point of Rise's leveling up? What do her skills do? I'm sort of wondering, since she isn't a playable character.

Mr. Wonderful said:
Question: (~25 hours in spoiler)
What is the point of Rise's leveling up? What do her skills do? I'm sort of wondering, since she isn't a playable character.
She'll eventually start gaining skills that are helpful in exploration.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I hate bosses with insta-death spells so much.

Stayed up until like 2am to get to the final boss last night. Had it at maybe 5% health, debilitated, party buffed with defence up and at full health. Preeetty sure my MC had a persona equipped that was immune to light/dark but I could be wrong. Boss used some spell I hadn't seen yet. Didn't do any damage, just instakilled my party, game over.

I was too pissed off to try again, but yet too pissed off to be able to go to sleep and so now I'm exhausted at work. Damn you Persona 4 :(

Kusagari

KuwabaraTheMan said:

I beat Shadow Naoto in one try. It got close there at the end, but I pulled through. That was also with not only forgetting to stock up on healing items prior to entering the TV, but also forgetting to heal my party prior to the fight.

Naoto's story made up for it, though. Way better than Mitsuo freaking out.

Yeah, Shadow Naoto is really easy. I went in there with half health and barely anybody had any SP and I got her down to 25% health. I went back fully healed and destroyed her with ease. Probably the easiest main dungeon boss.

slayn said:
I hate bosses with insta-death spells so much.

Stayed up until like 2am to get to the final boss last night. Had it at maybe 5% health, debilitated, party buffed with defence up and at full health. Preeetty sure my MC had a persona equipped that was immune to light/dark but I could be wrong. Boss used some spell I hadn't seen yet. Didn't do any damage, just instakilled my party, game over.

I was too pissed off to try again, but yet too pissed off to be able to go to sleep and so now I'm exhausted at work. Damn you Persona 4 :(
Was it Summons to Yomi? That spell does massive damage/insta kill to party members with a status ailment.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
crowphoenix said:
Was it Summons to Yomi? That spell does massive damage/insta kill to party members with a status ailment.
oh wait so,
That attack only kills you if you already have a status ailment on you? I usually don't bother to cure status ailments since they don't bother me.
That would make a lot more sense that just pure instadeath.

Ourobolus

Banned
daegan said:
You're not losing because of bad strategy, you're losing because you're way underleveled. OSG recommends 64, I did it with my main at 65. In P3 and P4, one or two levels can make a huge difference between you getting torn apart and victory. I'd also say go buy some new armor. Spend a rainy day just grinding grinding grinding, sell the stuff, buy the new stuff and come back the next day to fight the boss.

Nah, he'll be fine with the right personas. I was 56 when I beat him too, on the first try.

The element thing is pretty simple, just follow the same guidelines as everyone else has said - guard that first turn to figure it out, and then attack him with the same element.

When he controls your party members, just guard. Unless you brought in both Teddie and Chie and you're weak to Ice (and they both end up using Bufu skills), there's no way they'll knock you down (unless they get lucky with a critical). As for running out of SP, there's really no harm in having to use a Soul Food (or whatever the "heals all SP" item is). Not only that, but if you bring Teddie, you've got Mediarama at least, and Yukiko should definitely have it too, unless you've somehow been blowing SP the entire fight with everyone.

Joule

Ourobolus said:
Nah, he'll be fine with the right personas. I was 56 when I beat him too, on the first try.

The element thing is pretty simple, just follow the same guidelines as everyone else has said - guard that first turn to figure it out, and then attack him with the same element.

When he controls your party members, just guard. Unless you brought in both Teddie and Chie and you're weak to Ice (and they both end up using Bufu skills), there's no way they'll knock you down (unless they get lucky with a critical). As for running out of SP, there's really no harm in having to use a Soul Food (or whatever the "heals all SP" item is). Not only that, but if you bring Teddie, you've got Mediarama at least, and Yukiko should definitely have it too, unless you've somehow been blowing SP the entire fight with everyone.

Or throw up some Makarakarn and Magic Mirrors if you have some to some to spare. If he does a Ma-Dyne spell, you net around 2000 damage on him.

AniHawk

Weeeelll I couldn't max out the Lovers S Link,
however, I did, for some reason, manage to start dating Rise despite being in a relationship with another girl. What would happen if I maxed out her S Link while someone else is the MC's girlfriend?

I did manage to complete Sun, Strength, and Devil before the endgame stuff happened. I'm on to fight
Adachi
now, and it's December 24, so I don't really have any time to screw around, but I'm fairly confident my level 73-77 team will kick some ass.

zoku88

AniHawk said:
however, I did, for some reason, manage to start dating Rise despite being in a relationship with another girl. What would happen if I maxed out her S Link while someone else is the MC's girlfriend?
This game is weird in the fact that you can have many gfs with no consequences, AFAIK. I did what you suggested a couple of times.

Vorador

Banned
AniHawk said:
I did manage to complete Sun, Strength, and Devil before the endgame stuff happened. I'm on to fight
Adachi
now, and it's December 24, so I don't really have any time to screw around, but I'm fairly confident my level 73-77 team will kick some ass.

If you beat him earlier than 23 you can have a Christmas Eve event with your girlfriend (or one of your girlfriends if you're dating more than one lol )...so you've missed it now.

Ourobolus

Banned
Joule said:
Or throw up some Makarakarn and Magic Mirrors if you have some to some to spare. If he does a Ma-Dyne spell, you net around 2000 damage on him.
This. However, unlike P3, it only works on one person at a time ;_;

Tenks

Vorador said:
If you beat him earlier than 23 you can have a Christmas Eve event with your girlfriend (or one of your girlfriends if you're dating more than one lol )...so you've missed it now.

I didn't read a strat guide for what each girlfriend gives you but thank god I chose Rise. Her's seems to be by far the best item (Doubles SP).

Anyone else think that (end of September spoiler)
Shadow Naoto
was too easy? My mc was at level 50 and the rest were < 50 and I beat him on the first try even though I went in expecting to die (only 1/2 sp for everyone) because I just wanted to see what his attacks were like.

I guess the lame boss matches the lame character. Naoto's my least favorite character in the game. S/he's just not that likeable and too full of emo-angst in a generic way.

Tenks

You learn more about Naoto if you complete the Social Link. You'll figure out why. It was probably the most interesting party-member social link IMO.

Joule

Ourobolus said:
This. However, unlike P3, it only works on one person at a time ;_;

In a way I like how it was changed as there are less Megidolan spamming situations when you put one up. Its usage is much more balanced but there's not actually much use for them in most of the game.

Kusagari

AniHawk said:

Adachi

I was in the lower 60's for that fight so you're going to destroy him :lol. Even in the lower 60's it was pretty easy.

Volcynika

P90 said:
Yukiko's castle? I missed on picking up Pixie along the way. I was unfamiliar with the game's need to "catch 'em all".

Yup. It seems Pixie is usually one of the first Personas to get in a couple games.

elbkhm

P90 said:
I'm trying to create a Black Jack. I have all the Personas needed except for Pixie. Where do I find Pixie?
You should also be able to fuse an Orobas (Magician 8) and Jack Frost (Magician 16) to make a Pixie.

Top Bottom