• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Volcynika

I can't wait to see some of the monster designs, especially bosses. I thought the designs of (P3 spoilers)
Nyx and the Answer's end boss
were pretty cool.

Tamanon said:
Huh.....Gamestop ship date changed to the 8th instead of the 9th......wonder if that means an outside shot at it arriving on Tuesday.
Interestingly enough, the page can't be found--other games' pages work fine, though.

GameCrazy still has it shipping on the 9th.

Hmm...

Tamanon

Banned
dragonlife29 said:
Interestingly enough, the page can't be found--other games' pages work fine, though.

GameCrazy still has it shipping on the 9th.

Hmm...

It just wasn't found from the Coming soon banner, I found it on the search. Oddly enough, the strat guide is still listed as the 9th.

And the P4 boss designs are pretty good from the one's I've seen, especially since they tie more into the story itself.

I still can't believe this is coming out so soon. I mean the wait between the release of P3 in Japan and its eventual conversion to the Western world seemed like AGES. I can only hope this game receives the attention it deserves from both the media and gamers alike (even without the shooting yourself in the head)!

stawnkald

Costanza said:
WTF people on CAG are getting shipping notices from Amazon already. Mine still says "Items not yet shipped" :(

I can't cancel my P4 preorder at Amazon anymore.

OH MY GOD ITS REALLY HAPPENING

The social link thingy I can still pull the plug on though, mustn't have gotten those in yet.

Volcynika said:
WTF? Now it works for me, too :lol What devilry did you just do!? :D

Interesting...hopefully GameCrazy changes it as well by tomorrow or something. I preordered from a GS and GC, and a guy from the GC guranteed I'd get my art book; at GS, I was screwed over with my Eternal Posion and Luminous Arc 2 art books (but they did call me up for the LA2 one when they found it)...

EDIT: It's not working anymore for me :lol

stawnkald

I ordered mine July 8, which IIRC was the first day Amazon was taking reserves...I wasted little time in one-clicking that shit.

So yeah I'll probably be here all night checking my email and Amazon itself waiting for that sweet, sweet tracking number between screaming at FUCKING MIRROR'S EDGE gah.

Blackjack

So. I just saw a site with all the Persona designs...

Oh my god, some of the new ones are HILARIOUS.

WHY is the Genie from Aladdin a Persona!?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I have free shipping yet Amazon shipped my copy today! I've never had this happen before. Hell I have no clue how its happening! Perhaps its a sign...

I'm a Prime member with 2 day shipping and mine's not even ready to ship yet, what a bummer. I'll be checking my e-mail constantly for the next couple of hours just in case. I told myself I'd beat Valkyria Chronicles before moving on to P4 but that's just not happening.

Darkman M

baphometbones said:
I'm a Prime member with 2 day shipping and mine's not even ready to ship yet, what a bummer. I'll be checking my e-mail constantly for the next couple of hours just in case. I told myself I'd beat Valkyria Chronicles before moving on to P4 but that's just not happening.

Im a prime member and i did one day shipping and mine hasn't shipped either :lol

Shanks

Been thinking of switching to 1 day but figured I would find something to do gamewise before Friday. Most likely try and beat Devil Summoner.

Since the game has started shipping now though, does that mean will start stocking it early?

teiresias

Any word on whether this works without a hitch on HDDLoader? If it does I may play it on my PS2 on my 32" CRT rather than on the PS3 on the front projector.

P90

Segata Sanshiro said:
Fuck. I'm in.

Excellent.

Humorously enough, I may end up with 3 pre-ordered copies of the game. One free. One at 40% off. One at full Amazon price. One may be a Christmas present. The other is because I have sister-in-law that works in B&N and gets Gamestop discounts (employee discount week for B&N) and one I pre-ordered from Amazon. I'll wait until the dust settles and open and play the one that would be worth the least as a collector's edition. So I'll play an excellent game and then make a healthy profit. :D

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
What is ever in doubt that you were getting this Segata? You come in here your tears and your vinegar and the hee haw!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Glad you're getting the game

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
os672a.png

288mdtu.gif

Blackjack

Askia47 said:
if i order on amazon, whats the chance ill get it before the 18th of December for sure?
It likely depends on what shipping you select. If you do Standard or higher, you'll probably be fine. If you do free shipping, you might be pushing it.

Darkman M said:
Im a prime member and i did one day shipping and mine hasn't shipped either :lol

At least now I don't feel quite as bad :D That sucks though, hopefully they'll have the rest out by Monday morning.

Costanza said:
I finally finished P3. I'm ready for this now :D

Congrats, that last boss was killer for me,
until I went all Anton Levay on it with Lucifer and Satan
, but what an awesome final battle and ending.

Costanza

Banned
baphometbones said:
Congrats, that last boss was killer for me,
until I went all Anton Levay on it with Lucifer and Satan
, but what an awesome final battle and ending.
His final form took me so fucking long. It wasn't hard or anything, just ridiculously tedious.

Costanza said:
His final form took me so fucking long. It wasn't hard or anything, just ridiculously tedious.

Oh God, the first time that I fought it, I ended up with my characters killing themselves because they got status ailments...and the final form had like NO HP left. It KILLED me!

However, when I did beat it like two hours later, I felt so accomplished. :D

Costanza

Banned
Guled said:
how many hours did the final month take you?
I think I climbed the rest of Tarturus, finished the couple of S-Links I had going and then rushed through the days to the ending in around 5 or 6 hours (final boss/epilogue included).

The art book is a [Gamestop] preorder bonus right? I just went in and asked to preorder, for a minute the clerk claimed he couldn't find it. He finally did, but never mentioned anything about an artbook...

Volcynika

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
The art book is a [Gamestop] preorder bonus right? I just went in and asked to preorder, for a minute the clerk claimed he couldn't find it. He finally did, but never mentioned anything about an artbook...

No, it's not limited to just GameStop. Select retailers have it, like Amazon too! I don't know the whole list though.

Sallokin

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:

They should have them in. I got my art book on Wednesday. I had the same problem when I went to pre-order though. They were looking under "Persona 4" instead of "Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4"

Also, the strat guides are available already as well.

stawnkald

drtomoe123 said:
Oh God, the first time that I fought it, I ended up with my characters killing themselves because they got status ailments...and the final form had like NO HP left. It KILLED me!

This is basically what happened to me the first time I got to the end of Persona 3. I lost by a sliver. I vented, reloaded, and whooped some ass.

That said, the 2nd time through I had Armageddon in my arsenal, and it was quite satisfying triggering that attack to seal the deal. :D

Sallokin said:
They should have them in. I got my art book on Wednesday. I had the same problem when I went to pre-order though. They were looking under "Persona 4" instead of "Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4"

Also, the strat guides are available already as well.

Thanks to both for the replies, I wasn't sure if it was just Gamestop...

Yea it was weird but he did have some clue (which surprised me) Most clerks would not realize it's full name. I'm guessing my Gamestop will stick with its current plan of action and just give it to me when I pick it up, like they do with other preorder bonuses.

Watching some of the videos really gets me excited to play this. It'll be refreshing to have different thematic dungeons. Ugh, I just have so many RPG's to finish!

Yaweee

Honest Gamer, 10/10

The very term “Japanese RPG” has become a by-word for a certain lack of quality, hinting at insipid storytelling and trite game design. This is based on a very lopsided view of the genre that only considers the output of certain major, conservative publishers. Atlus has always sat on the bleeding edge of Japanese RPG design, and has remarkably managed to stay in that position throughout the company's entire existence. Persona 4 is everything good and right with the Japanese RPG, and hopefully is going to pave the way for many more great, innovative titles in the future of the Shin Megami Tensei series. This is a game that everyone with a PS2 should try, if only to marvel at what is possible when an independent developer applies wild creativity to limited resources. It puts many of the more big-budget efforts of much larger companies, on much larger consoles, absolutely to shame.

Top Bottom