• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Tamanon

Banned
KuwabaraTheMan said:
On a slightly related note, I remember the first time I played through that segment of the game. I ranked up a couple of S.Links, went through the finals, decided not to save on the 2nd (why bother, I don't plan on stopping anytime soon)...and then I messed up a dialogue choice and got the bad ending.

When I realized what happened, I just sat there dumbfounded.

I remember thinking, "Man, we're going to go buy a kotatsu!" and then getting all weepy.:/

Fimbulvetr said:
As long as they take the normal ending, I'm good.

I'd be alright with that, but I'd really like to see them get the True Ending. Plus, that would give us another week of the Endurance Run, most likely. It's so much more rewarding, anyway.

Always a good decision. I think Black Frost has a special place in just about everyone who plays the game's heart, because he's so useful for such a long period of the game. I can't imagine playing through the game without using Black Frost.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
He has a special place in anyone's heart that fuses him. He remains good for a long time.

Edit: FUUUUUUUUUU- beaten.

KuwabaraTheMan said:
Always a good decision. I think Black Frost has a special place in just about everyone who plays the game's heart, because he's so useful for such a long period of the game. I can't imagine playing through the game without using Black Frost.

Plus every alternate form of Jack Frost is just plain awesome.

Hee-ho indeed.

ultron87

Tamanon said:
BTW, it looks like tomorrow might be the ending fork for the Endurance run, unless they spend an entire episode just on the finals.:lol

I'll have to watch this when I get home.

I'm interested to see what they act like during all the scenes leading up to the dialogue choices that determine the ending.

I can't really imagine them making many jokes while
Nanako is dying
because it seems like they are fairly invested in the characters.

I imagine they have to know at this point how to get to the good ending. Considering that they read the comments and people have constantly been posting what to do. Though I'd be interested to see their reaction if they get the mediocre ending. Because I must admit I was totally dumbfounded when the game suddenly skipped to March and it felt like I hadn't done anything wrong. I'd hope they'd reload and try again if that did happen.

Tamanon said:
Is a good episode, 70 minutes long after they fixed the upload. :D

Yup, I continue to spoil the game for myself as I play. The endurance run is an important part of my work day, though I typically just listen to the commentary. It's actually surprising how much I wasn't aware of even though I've listened to almost every episode.

ultron87

It's gonna be bittersweet when they finally finish the game. One less thing to watch every day.

Though not as bittersweet as when I beat the game. (mid-december spoiler)
I'm about to chase Adachi into the tv. And I still don't quite know how I feel about him being the killer. If he is in fact the bad guy and there isn't another crazy twist coming. And even if he is the killer that still doesn't explain why people appear on the Midnight Channel and why any of us have the ability to go into the TV in the first place.

But I'm sure the game will get there. Or at least I hope it does.

I don't really know what I'm going to play after this. Thank god new stuff starts coming out soon. Though I might give P3 one more shot to see if I can get past the frustration of not controlling party members.

Curufinwe

KuwabaraTheMan said:

Black Frost is less useful in Devil Survivor, but his dialogue lines are priceless.

I'm glad the ER turned out the way it did today. I'm pretty surprised they got all those choices right, actually.

ultron87 said:
It's gonna be bittersweet when they finally finish the game. One less thing to watch every day.

Though not as bittersweet as when I beat the game. (mid-december spoiler)
I'm about to chase Adachi into the tv. And I still don't quite know how I feel about him being the killer. If he is in fact the bad guy and there isn't another crazy twist coming. And even if he is the killer that still doesn't explain why people appear on the Midnight Channel and why any of us have the ability to go into the TV in the first place.

But I'm sure the game will get there. Or at least I hope it does.

I don't really know what I'm going to play after this. Thank god new stuff starts coming out soon. Though I might give P3 one more shot to see if I can get past the frustration of not controlling party members.

Remember to go for the True Ending if you want everything to be explained

They were inundated with guides on how to avoid the bad ending. I didn't know the exact choices but while watching the video I knew that was the moment just from reading a handful of the video comments. They made the choices I would have made, knowing that there was more to come.

I was kind of hoping they would have ran into the bad ending just so I would know what happens and get the reaction from the guys. Of course, I also fully expecting them to reload and prevent it from happening again.

Frawdder

Felix Lighter said:
I was kind of hoping they would have ran into the bad ending just so I would know what happens and get the reaction from the guys.
Probably the same reaction that I'm thinking everyone else had: "Wait? What? That's it?!...Booooo" *reload*

What would be absolutely hilarious is if on Monday they
got all three chances to identify the killer wrong
, got the other bad ending, and then just stuck to their 'first ending is the one we stick with' rule.

Now, I think there's pretty much no chance of them not figuring out who the killer is, but it would be pretty funny.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Hellsing321 said:
God I still got choked up on this latest Endurance Run. Thank god they made the right choices.

Yeah ... that
death scene
always gets me no matter how many times i've seen it already. It's just so powerful

Tamanon

Banned
It basically made them completely speechless. The whole "...did we make a bad choice? Did we get the bad ending?"

And there's no chance
they don't guess the killer
.:lol

I will say, the Endurance Run has at least revealed to me how many freakin' pandas appear in the game. Never realized.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Tamanon said:
And there's no chance
they don't guess the killer
.:lol

Yeah :lol

It's awesome how they've already pointed out all the individuals already without knowing it as well,
calling gas station attendant suspicious a couple of times, and declaring Namatame the killer seeing him only once before, kinda funny.

Facism

i'm in the stripclub dungeon now and the game has gotten mad easy. The bosses in Kanji's dungeon were walked over on the first try.

Really feeling the groove of this now.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
yeah when you are cleaning the room and the MC hears some 'discussion' that's happening in another room or whatever, that voice sample is in japanese.

Red Scarlet said:
It's when the other nurses call link nurse a bitch or whatever. aka when the link goes emo.

I think it was the wife of the doctor that she had an affair with at her previous job. But man did that link go emo in a hurry.

Red Scarlet

ER was funny in that they got no messages on their phone, since they hadn't maxed a single non-party member s-link. Wondered if it was only maxed ones that left messages.

Tamanon

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
ER was funny in that they got no messages on their phone, since they hadn't maxed a single non-party member s-link. Wondered if it was only maxed ones that left messages.

Yeah, they completely bailed on the Sports team and Yumi. The sports team is especially funny since they've been trying to raise their diligence lately.:lol

Red Scarlet

Error said:
ack reverse death arcana... :(

Use those 70 TaP's.

Tamanon said:
Yeah, they completely bailed on the Sports team and Yumi. The sports team is especially funny since they've been trying to raise their diligence lately.:lol

And it's going to be all for nothing. It kind of annoyed me that they wanted to 'go to the meat dimension' over doing Tower.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Does maxing your stats actually change the dialogue at Aiya's? I always assumed that nothing happened but Jeff and Vinny's insistence on it has me wondering.

Tamanon said:

Yeah. The scene with "Your diligence isn't high enough" may be one of the funniest moments in a long time for them.

I had wondered what would happen if you didn't max any of those social links. I kind of wish the game had been like "You think about the fact that you don't have any real friends" or something like that.

It's a shame though, because that scene was one of my favorite moments from that segment of the game.

Red Scarlet

grandjedi6 said:
Does maxing your stats actually change the dialogue at Aiya's? I always assumed that nothing happened but Jeff and Vinny's insistence on it has me wondering.

I heard you got a book, but I think they were just talking about The Ramen Way. I just ate there for free and got free, useless stat boosts.

Yeah, the book is just given to you when you've eaten there a certain number of times.

I was extremely disappointed on my New Game+ play through when I went in expecting to get some awesome scene about finishing the challenge and I just got some line about "Your meal is free".

Error

man my black frost is just nasty. I'm one shotting everything in this dungeon, I actually feel kind of bad.

513px-BlackFrostSMT3.jpg

Maragion
Bufula
Ice Boost
Auto-suku
Auto-taru
Fire boost
Fire amp
Mind Charge

just nasty. also is it me? or the auto-kaja's skills seem to last more than 3 rounds to me...

Red Scarlet

It always felt less to me.

And that picture reminds me of Nocturne..I really don't like killing Jack Frosts and Pixies in that. It feels like I'm kicking a dog or something.

Red Scarlet

Error said:
what about DQ and the slimes? do you feel bad hmmmmmmmm?

No, they were always hurtable and badguys! After 2 games where they can't be hurt and they come out and blast stuff, then go away looking cute the rest of the time, breaking one's jaw off feels extremely cruel. I'm at Matador though, when I decide to play again.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Limited saving is another mechanic here to try to slow you down, unfortunately.

I think it's pretty pissy that you can't autosave after a long cutscene though. But, that's how it goes I suppose.

Error

so this has been bothering me...

4th dungeon spoilers

after beating mitsuo's shadow why did it disappear like that? he never accepted that part of his personality shouldn't the shadow fight back like kanji's shadow did?

plot hole?

Top Bottom