• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Tamanon

Banned
Facism said:
I have a questiona bout izanagi.

He apparently stopped learning skills quite early, is he any use or worth later in the game?

Nope. Personas top out when they learn all the skills shown.

Facism said:
I have a questiona bout izanagi.

He apparently stopped learning skills quite early, is he any use or worth later in the game?

If you want to have an early tier persona to have good skills:

1)First wait till you've finished most of the compendium
2)next find out how to transfer skills from one persona to the desired persona(using inheritance)
3)????
4)Profit

Really you don't have to do it, but it is kind of fun to make a God-Tier Izanagi:
persona4_characterart_persona_izanagi--article_image.jpg

Brave Blade
Ziodyne
Absorb Wind
Tarukaja
Rakukaja
Zio
Cleave
Mudo

Tamanon

Banned
It took me a while to come around on it, but I definitely love Persona 4's soundtrack more than 3. They're both good, but 4's I can listen to while out driving or walking around, much more upbeat and catchy.

Plus the ending song is better in 4 than 3.:D

Tamanon said:
It took me a while to come around on it, but I definitely love Persona 4's soundtrack more than 3. They're both good, but 4's I can listen to while out driving or walking around, much more upbeat and catchy.

I mostly agree, 'cept for the final boss themes.
The theme for Izanami's 2nd phase had too long of a build up for the finally.

I still prefer Maya's Theme: Orchestral to Heaven, in terms of dungeon music.

But yeah P4 has some ear worms, which sucked because they'd start playing out in my head during school. GET OUT OF MY HEAD CHARLES! :lol

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Video request, can someone put up a clip of Chie's "Aha, is this our chance ?" line on youtube please ?

I have some questions. I read that After the 4th of december, I needed all my social links to be maxed up to get the true ending...

> Do I have to do that before a special day ?
> Do I need to have a maxed social link with everyone who can be "social-linked" ?
> How's the best way to get S-Links maxed ?

Thx for your time :D

Tamanon said:
True ending acheived. The reward you get from Elizabeth for maxing all your soul links is one of those +50% EXP armors. So useful in the final dungeon. Ended up with only 86% of the compendium though. Didn't feel like grinding for money to do much more fusing, think I ended it with 6k Yen.:lol

Meh. I think that's a pretty crap reward, considering you don't get it until right before you beat the game. It's not really useful in the last dungeon at all, as it's by far the easiest dungeon in the game, and your own level should be high enough to use the strong Personas you'll need anyway.

Same goes for all the possible accessories you can recieve on Christmas. By that point in the game, you don't need them.

TheExodu5

Banned
Tamanon said:

For me, it's not even close. I far prefer Persona 4's soundtrack.

Persona 3 had some really annoying tunes, and I much prefer the female vocalist in Persona 4 over bad rap dude from Persona 3.

The only real flaw in Persona 4's music is the lack of a changing battle theme ala Nocturne. It gets old after a few dungeons.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah. Those should have been "carry-overable" (forgive me, English language nerds) to New Game+.

You can also get another item that boosts your EXP as well - and also only in December. It only really helps if you're grinding the final dungeons to raise your level in order to fuse some of the end-game personas... but unless you're a 100% fiend, it provides no other tangible benefits.

ultron87

But aren't overpowered items you only get at the end (or possibly after the end) practically an RPG tradition at this point in the genre's development?

(December aka *huge ass* Spoiler)
Adachi's
dungeon keeps giving me trouble. I keep managing to die due to terrible circumstances on somewhere on the floor after you jump down the hole. It's really a shame that your teammates can't throw themselves in front of a group attack to keep you from dying. I might need to start wearing the "Survive 1 attack with 1 hp" thing just to stop this from happening or just start being more on the ball about knowing which enemies are probably going to cast Mabufudyne and when I should switch to someone else.

Tamanon

Banned
There's also an XP shirt you can get in September. But you need one or two guardians to trade to the fish guy to get it, you basically have to be just mowing through the Fox quests as quick as possible to even be able to fish it by that month.

I wish the Christmas items were able to be carried over also:(

ultron87

TheExodu5 said:
Well we are comparing it to Persona 4 here.

But I think we can all appreciate Pokemon for introducing RPG mechanics to millions of kids who never would've experienced such things otherwise.

Looking back at that troll's post history is pretty entertaining. I'm amazed he lasted as long as he did before getting banned. Pretty much every post uses the word "sucks" :lol.

TheExodu5

Banned
ultron87 said:
But I think we can all appreciate Pokemon for introducing RPG mechanics to millions of kids who never would've experienced such things otherwise.

Looking back at that troll's post history is pretty entertaining. I'm amazed he lasted as long as he did before getting banned. Pretty much every post uses the word "sucks" :lol.

Hahaha. He was a Junior too. :lol

ultron87 said:

What was his deal? He was making pretty normal posts here before he started trolling.

Did GAF murder his family or something?

Tamanon

Banned
Felix Lighter said:
I just watched today's Endurance Run episode.
Nametame's
voice acting is pretty great.

Yeah, he really captured the emotions of the character and nuances quite well. In general I have no complaints about the voice acting period outside of Yukiko occasionally, I just don't like the character that much and the VA doesn't help. But some, like Kanji, are just outstanding at really being the character. Overall a top-notch effort all around.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
TheExodu5 said:
Well we are comparing it to Persona 4 here.

A comparison which doesnt make a whole lot of sense, even though they are both RPGs. He's banned so we should leave it there.

ultron87

So in regards to yesterday's Endurance Run (and some BIG spoilers for the events in the next few days after that)
Jeff is either extremely on the ball about the identity of the killer, or has been spoiled to all hell and is just playing it off well, based on his speculation at the end of the episode.

Tamanon

Banned
ultron87 said:
So in regards to yesterday's Endurance Run (and some BIG spoilers for the events in the next few days after that)
Jeff is either extremely on the ball about the identity of the killer, or has been spoiled to all hell and is just playing it off well, based on his speculation at the end of the episode.

Well, I think it's a mix of both, Jeff's suspected him ever since Rise's dungeon.

He really does act quite suspicious when the kids are staking out the place. And that's the only time Adachi actively tries to get the kids to go away

and those numbers look like they should be 240k for US and 20k for Europe. Otherwise it doesn't add up to the total.

ultron87

Tamanon said:
Well, I think it's a mix of both, Jeff's suspected him ever since Rise's dungeon.

He really does act quite suspicious when the kids are staking out the place. And that's the only time Adachi actively tries to get the kids to go away

and those numbers look like they should be 240k for US and 20k for Europe. Otherwise it doesn't add up to the total.

Oh. It all makes sense now. Damn, fake incompetence really is excellent cover.

I made a Trumpeter last night. That thing is pretty excellent, especially in terms of resistances, though it cost me a ton of money. The 60 sp Almighty spell is incredibly anti-climactic. But Cool Breeze = yes.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah I never really bothered with the megido spells outside of using them against the hand shadows that are strong against everything else. My Trumpeter had Spell Master on it, so he was great in battles.:D

Tamanon said:

I actually suspected him for most of the game as well. Not really for
any of his particular actions, but because he was the only character that could surprise the player and cast by being the hero.

Althoran said:
Okay, the numbers I found for the sales across regions are:

JP 320k
US 24k
EU 2k
Total 580k

By "found" do you mean "took from ********, and therefore am likely to be permabanned very shortly"?

If you're going to take numbers from a banned site, at least read them correctly; you forgot a zero in there. :lol

Regardless, P4 definitely sold northwards of 150k in the US and has got to be, with the Trauma Center games, one of Atlus USA's best-selling games ever.

Spruchy

charlequin said:
By "found" do you mean "took from ********, and therefore am likely to be permabanned very shortly"?

If you're going to take numbers from a banned site, at least read them correctly; you forgot a zero in there. :lol

Regardless, P4 definitely sold northwards of 150k in the US and has got to be, with the Trauma Center games, one of Atlus USA's best-selling games ever.

Chill out with the back seat modding bro.

Just finished July woo, game is so gud.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
The leaked numbers we got at the beginning of the year had Persona 4 at 123k after 2 months. Of course they are leaked and thus unverifiable.

When do I actually get to play the game?

I've put almost 3 hours into this and have yet to really do anything.
To be fair, I do appreciate the effort of really building the cast, setting, etc. ...but damn, I'd like to actually play soon as I'm honestly starting to get bored

I'm at
The bit where the trio are about to venture into the midnight channel for the first time with the hero and yosuke sportin' their personas

I finally beat the game but didn't get the true ending
Ameno-Sagiri ending
:( I'm replaying it again to try and get it, I thought I got it right but can someone tell me what I'm supposed to do to get it?

octopusman said:
Ameno-Sagiri ending
:( I'm replaying it again to try and get it, I thought I got it right but can someone tell me what I'm supposed to do to get it?

You can just load the game instead of doing a new game plus, also that isn't the true ending.

Fimbulvetr said:
You can just load the game instead of doing a new game plus, also that isn't the true ending.
Too late! I've already saved over my file, I just want to know what the requirements are,
EDIT: this will be a nice chance for me to get a fuller compendium and all of the social links.

Tamanon

Banned
octopusman said:
Ameno-Sagiri ending

So....did you actually complete
December's dungeon with the true killer?

If you did then all you have to do is
After talking to all your max S Links in March, say no when the game asks you if you want to go home, then go to Junes food court, say no again to going home and you'll start the true ending path.

Curufinwe

A disturbing number of people in the latest Endurance Run comments thread were saying that you need to max all S.Links to get the True Ending.

You do not.

Tamanon said:
So....did you actually complete
December's dungeon with the true killer?

If you did then all you have to do is
After talking to all your max S Links in March, say no when the game asks you if you want to go home, then go to Junes food court, say no again to going home and you'll start the true ending path.
:lol :lol :lol That simple huh? I guess I screwed that up, oh well there is tons of things I missed during my first play-through anyways

panda21

man this endurance run is awesome! i never even played a persona but i want one so bad now. have to wait for persona 3 psp or 5 i guess :(

have they announced what the next endurance run is? seems like they almost finished? roughly how long is left? (no spoilers plz!!!)

Top Bottom