• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Blueblur1

Oh wait. I meant top five. I got into the top ten the first time around and I wanted to get in the top five now. Would it be Knowledge Rank 5 then for sure?

kai3345

Banned
Played a fairly good amount today, although most of it was Social Links I did manage to beat the optional boss in Yukkiko's castle, who was much harder than expected.

But I went from about a day or two after
rescuing Kanji
to the school camping trip. And that whole cutscene was great, despite it being REALLY long, it was a fun little departure from the seriousness of the main story.

I'm really glad to be getting back into this game.

Tokubetsu

So I have a slight problem. I'm about 17 hours in, rank 3 knowledge, 2 courage and 2 experession. Level 20 and I just cleared floor 7 of Kanji's dungeon. It's been awhile since I've played but I can't remember if I have a part-time job or not :lol

Edit: The date is 5/21

Tamanon

Banned
Go check the board in the Shopping District, you can look at each part time job and it'll tell you if you have one already, you can get multiple ones though, as many as you want.

inner-G

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
So I have a slight problem. I'm about 17 hours in, rank 3 knowledge, 2 courage and 2 experession. Level 20 and I just cleared floor 7 of Kanji's dungeon. It's been awhile since I've played but I can't remember if I have a part-time job or not :lol

Edit: The date is 5/21
Check your established S. Links and see if one of them is from one of the jobs?

Red Scarlet

Tokubetsu said:
Thanks, I'll try this.

Not every job is connected to an S-Link. Go to the billboard and try to get them all to see which you have and don't. Or if it is nighttime, just go to the table upstairs in your room and choose to work, and see what jobs you have. Three jobs are from your room, three are not, however.

WilyRook

Hey Red Scarlet? I was just reading this thread using the PS3 and your avatar from post #7475 showed a sprite woman being sword-smacked by a sprite knight. At least, I think they're sprites. Could you please tell me what game that's from? :D

edit: oh I see, the avatar changes each time it loads up. Very cool.

Red Scarlet

Ah-ha! JERK/Squall Mode complete (S-Links, anyway). :)
aideny.gif

WilyRook said:
Hey Red Scarlet? I was just reading this thread using the PS3 and your avatar from post #7475 showed a sprite woman being sword-smacked by a sprite knight. At least, I think they're sprites. Could you please tell me what game that's from? :D

edit: oh I see, the avatar changes each time it loads up. Very cool.

? Sounds like it is this:
diepig.gif

Yeah? If so, it's from Suikoden 2. Guy with sword says the lady can live if she walks like a pig and oinks, so she does it, then he goes DIE PIG (hence the name of gif).

WilyRook

Red Scarlet said:
? Sounds like it is this:
diepig.gif

Yeah? If so, it's from Suikoden 2. Guy with sword says the lady can live if she walks like a pig and oinks, so she does it, then he goes DIE PIG (hence the name of gif).

That's it. And I thought I played Suikoden 2. I must've played the first one. So long ago. Memory is...not what it used to be. Thanks. Hopefully I can find a copy that won't cost me a vital organ.

For sake of topic: Persona 4 rules. And I failed at getting true ending (I know how to get it now, after the fact. Just saying).

Blueblur1

Hey guys, I have a question about the Moon S. Link.
I've got it to Rank 5 which is when Ai asks me to ask Daisuke if he likes her. From what I've read in a FAQ, after I talk to Daisuke the next time I choose to spend time with Ai she'll Rank Up. I'm asking because she calls twice during the Summer to hang out. Rank Up isn't possible during those specific events so I figured if I don't need the bonus points to Rank Up to Rank 6 then I shouldn't bother with her Summer calls, right?
I'd prefer to use that Daytime block to spend time with another S. Link like one of my party members (still got Emperor at Rank 3 and haven't touched Lovers).

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, ignore the calls. Although....
If you're dating another girl, you'll get S Link bonus with her instead if you go out with Ai, as they run into each other.:lol

Blueblur1

I just got to the second date where she calls me up. If accepted the event provides rank points to her and Yosuke, but Yosuke's ready to Rank Up to Rank 10 (tried it the day before but decided not to save). So maybe I'll ignore her again and tend to Temperance. The other available S. Links, Chariot and Priestess, aren't gonna rank up. I'll get the 'you spent time with so-and-so; you feel may be closer soon' message.

I'll throw in the three from the first comic that I've been jumping between in case anyone wants them:

2rhaale.jpg
2q0ksoj.jpg
2j283k2.jpg

Yeah the C-Dawg and Chie ones are big, but GAF autoscales and they fit within the file size guideline so whatevs!

Also I love that doe-eyed Adachi one. :lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Just started the game. Can anyone explain the whole "you know, the side you don't hold your chopsticks in" line? Is there some Japanese taboo in being left-handed and holding the chopsticks in that hand?

TheSeks said:
Just started the game. Can anyone explain the whole "you know, the side you don't hold your chopsticks in" line? Is there some Japanese taboo in being left-handed and holding the chopsticks in that hand?

I thought they just assumed most people are right handed. :/

TheSeks said:
Yeah, being left handed used to be considered bad or unlucky from what I remember.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Finally got the game out of (mostly) auto-pilot. Geez, they weren't kidding about the two hour thing. :/ Have yet to FULLY explore town (Just got Chie on board), so...

I'm not digging the new "find the enemies weakness" analyst system, nor the loss of talking to party members to find their status (have to open menus for this and healing from Yosuke, really?).

I'm mixed on the control the whole party, otherwise. I rather just control them to find weaknesses in enemies/bosses and then "act freely" (hopefully "Knock Down" appears soon for commands) them so I'm back in Persona 3 territory.

Also not digging the new Shuffle Time. Shit sucks.

Oh, but I do dig the new presentation for All-Out Attacks and the party coming close to Seta for Shuffle Times.

I still dig the Persona 3 cast over Persona 4's, and dig Persona 3's various faults over Persona 4 trying to fix them. :|

We'll see as time goes on for the game though.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
TheSeks said:
Finally got the game out of (mostly) auto-pilot. Geez, they weren't kidding about the two hour thing. :/ Have yet to FULLY explore town (Just got Chie on board), so...

I'm not digging the new "find the enemies weakness" analyst system, nor the loss of talking to party members to find their status (have to open menus for this and healing from Yosuke, really?).

I'm mixed on the control the whole party, otherwise. I rather just control them to find weaknesses in enemies/bosses and then "act freely" (hopefully "Knock Down" appears soon for commands) them so I'm back in Persona 3 territory.

Also not digging the new Shuffle Time. Shit sucks.

Oh, but I do dig the new presentation for All-Out Attacks and the party coming close to Seta for Shuffle Times.

I still dig the Persona 3 cast over Persona 4's, and dig Persona 3's various faults over Persona 4 trying to fix them. :|

We'll see as time goes on for the game though.
You'll get over all of that. Soon enough, you won't be able to go back to P3's way of doing things.

I have no idea why I did this, but for the last 2 weeks, I had the entire Giant Bomb endurance run going on in the background. As funny as those guys are, I think a good portion of my remaining sanity flew away. Still, it makes me want to do something like that with a really long game. All I need is a friend willing to play a 100+ hour game with me.

Tamanon

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
I have no idea why I did this, but for the last 2 weeks, I had the entire Giant Bomb endurance run going on in the background. As funny as those guys are, I think a good portion of my remaining sanity flew away. Still, it makes me want to do something like that with a really long game. All I need is a friend willing to play a 100+ hour game with me.

Eh, I've randomly just started watching Endurance Run episodes sometimes too.:lol

Tamanon said:
Eh, I've randomly just started watching Endurance Run episodes sometimes too.:lol

I really should've been following along when they were doing it day by day. Watching 20-25 episodes a day is way too much. I just couldn't stop since Jeff and Vinny talk like tamer versions of my friends and I. Maybe I'll do that the next time those guys do an endurance run.

TheSeks said:
You eat with your right hand, you wipe your ass with your left.

kai3345

Banned
So I'm starting
Rise's
dungeon, and since I've had some trouble with bosses and I think I'm out of restarts, what level do you recommend I be at to face the boss?

kai3345 said:
So I'm starting
Rise's
dungeon, and since I've had some trouble with bosses and I think I'm out of restarts, what level do you recommend I be at to face the boss?

30-35

That's what I was.

kai3345

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
Go to the board in the shopping district and just sign up there. You can take as many jobs as you want.
I've clicked on practically everything in the shopping district and I can't find a board. Where is it?

EDIT: Found it, wow, I am a dumbass.

Top Bottom