• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Yaweee

crowphoenix said:
You haven't played Fes, man? You need to. It's a lot of fun and the little additions they added here and there are really awesome.

There's about 100 new scenes in the Journey, so it's more than just little additions here and there.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I really tried to find the time for Fes before P4 but only managed to finish The Answer. I'll definitely play The Journey sometime in the future, but not as soon as I'm done with P4 since I'm sure I'll miss the changes. And there's still Innocent Sin. So much Persona!

This game's come at a great time for me. I've pretty much finished with all the new games and I could really get stuck into a RPG right now.

Can't wait!

birdchili

winter is nature's way of telling you to be grateful for shelter and play some games.

controller batteries charged: check
easy supper planned: check
nothing important tomorrow night: check
staying in tonight so i can get a good night's sleep one last time: crap.

Blackjack

Duck Amuck said:
I mean, I'd like to play Fes but there's very little incentive to replay a 100 hour game so soon.

Winter is my favorite time to play games.
To be entirely honest, all of the reasons to play FES can easily be YouTubed.

Tenks

Duck Amuck said:
I agree. Are they on youtube? That's the question. As much as I love P3 - it was my goty last year - I don't think I could replay it so soon. I think the folks who replayed P3 through Fes' Journey are monsters, haha. Most definitely not human! So the scenes in P3 Fes being youtube'd sounds awesome to me.

Speaking of P3, what did you guys think of the bad ending? I loved the bad ending more than the real ending.

I loved everything about P3. The good ending. The bad ending. The frustrating AI. Everything. P3 could rape me in a dark alley and I would not tell the police.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Duck Amuck said:
I agree. Are they on youtube? That's the question. As much as I love P3 - it was my goty last year - I don't think I could replay it so soon. I think the folks who replayed P3 through Fes' Journey are monsters, haha. Most definitely not human! So the scenes in P3 Fes being youtube'd sounds awesome to me.

Speaking of P3, what did you guys think of the bad ending? I loved the bad ending more than the real ending.

I'm watching the S-link endings right now, so yeah, they're available.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rfXse2v_ws&feature=related

I would definitely want to play through FES eventually....like say, this summer, when I don't need a life for studying.

stawnkald

birdchili said:
winter is nature's way of telling you to be grateful for shelter and play some games.

Not if you live somewhere where it's 70 every day until April. Not that I'm bragging or anything. :p

On the other hand, air conditioning was created so I can play games indoors when it's 100 outside between May and September. :D

Duck Amuck said:

I had a year break between the two, which was enough to reset my circuits.

birdchili

i'm kinda going to miss the frustrating ai, actually. there's not a chance in hell i'm going to turn it on though...

i hope they revisit it in a future game.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Duck Amuck said:
I have the exact same experience. If only P3 were real...and female. What would it look like? Would it have hooker boots?

The good thing about the bad ending is that unlike most game bad endings, it actually felt like a good ending. At the same time it was so damn sad.
damn a p3 girl with HOOKER BOOTS sound so hot ummmmmmmm..

Tamanon

Banned
We've entered the final hours of insanity!

BTW, Gamestop has the guides in. Going to pick mine up later today, just to read up on the Personas.

inner-G

Banned
just got ma guide in the mail from DJ.

BRING ON THE EFFIN GAAAMMEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I might call and harass my local GS this afternoon to see if it's in early or something.

Costanza

Banned
inner-G said:
just got ma guide in the mail from DJ.

BRING ON THE EFFIN GAAAMMEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I might call and harass my local GS this afternoon to see if it's in early or something.
Oh yeah I forgot I ordered the guide from DJ early last week. :lol I should go check my mailbox.. it's probably there

Tamanon

Banned
You guys are hilarious. You have no idea how long the wait was for those like me who had been hoping for a Persona 3. P2 was my favorite game of all time until it came along. Just learning that there was a sequel finally after many years started the clock ticking.:lol

inner-G

Banned
The DoubleJump guide is tight.
fishing mini-game looks pretty badass

Same layout/feel of the P3 guide. Slimmer though, fits in a single slot on my my DVD rack!

Costanza

Banned
Tamanon said:
You guys are hilarious. You have no idea how long the wait was for those like me who had been hoping for a Persona 3. P2 was my favorite game of all time until it came along. Just learning that there was a sequel finally after many years started the clock ticking.:lol
I really want to play P2. I was broke when they did that reprint last month. :(

I'm buying this tomorrow just so I can it get while it's still easy to find.

I won't be playing it for a few months most likely though. Gotta keep playing P3. I'm only in September of the Journey.

Tenks

sublime085 said:
I'm buying this tomorrow just so I can it get while it's still easy to find.

I won't be playing it for a few months most likely though. Gotta keep playing P3. I'm only in September of the Journey.

Yeah I'll be doing the same. I keep forgetting I bought Persona2 recently as well. I seem to leave that one off of my massive list of backlog games.

I'm gonna have to keep out of this thread until Friday...the excitement will kill me. :lol

I guess this gives me an opportunity to finish CoM and maybe something else.

~Kinggi~

Banned
What is the connection of P4 to P3? I have both P3 and P3 FES and i've been meaning to complete FES since i only got a few hours into P3.

Should i beat FES before i start P4? Or are they both self contained stories?

inner-G

Banned
drtomoe123 said:
I'm gonna have to keep out of this thread until Friday...the excitement will kill me. :lol

I guess this gives me an opportunity to finish CoM and maybe something else.
P4 is not simply putting CoM and Valkyria on the back burner for me, it's drop-kicking them completely off of the stovetop.

~Kinggi~ said:
self-contained

Tamanon

Banned
~Kinggi~ said:
What is the connection of P4 to P3? I have both P3 and P3 FES and i've been meaning to complete FES since i only got a few hours into P3.

They're self-contained stories. Only a few of the side characters show up, and that's nothing to do with the P3 story itself.

inner-G said:
P4 is not simply putting CoM and Valkyria on the back burner for me, it's drop-kicking them completely off of the stovetop.

Haha, I know what you mean. I usually have 2 or 3 games going at a time...but hell no, P4 is the only thing that's going to be getting attention for a little while, haha. If I don't finish CoM before P4, it will NEVER EVER get finished. :lol

Tamanon said:
They're self-contained stories. Only a few of the side characters show up, and that's nothing to do with the P3 story itself.
Some side characters show up? Awesome! Is it like in P2?
Getting Nate back in my party was awesome.

Tamanon

Banned
crowphoenix said:
Some side characters show up? Awesome! Is it like in P2?
Getting Nate back in my party was awesome.

Well ....
you visit the old school and there are a couple familiar faces. Nate was awesome, although I liked Ellen, the original Mitsuru, too

inner-G

Banned
Tamanon said:
Well ....
you visit the old school and there are a couple familiar faces. Nate was awesome, although I liked Ellen, the original Mitsuru, too
must... not... read... spoiler...

ok i need to get off the internets for a while before i go too far

Tamanon said:
Well ....
I saw that spoiler searching for Persona 3 on youtube. Hopefully, that section will be awesome, as I didn't watch.

birdchili

tomorrow is my last day in this thread for a while. someone always manages to spoil something for me i'd have preferred to figure out for myself.

and you folk buying the guide already are doing it wrong:)

birdchili said:
tomorrow is my last day in this thread for a while. someone always manages to spoil something for me i'd have preferred to figure out for myself.

No.

Tamanon

Banned
birdchili said:

It's either buy the guide now, or pay three times the price later on! I collect them personally. I even have this one!

51B0KQZPQEL._SS500_.jpg

inner-G

Banned
birdchili said:

the giant stack of unplayed games told me to get the guide 1st

(and DJ guides are like art to me)

Blackjack

Tamanon said:
It's either buy the guide now, or pay three times the price later on! I collect them personally. I even have this one!

51B0KQZPQEL._SS500_.jpg
IK have that guide!

It's useful just for the maps. The actual strategy in Persona 1 comes down to "Get a Persona with NukeMore/Most" "Use NukeMore/Most EVERY BATTLE" "Win"

Tamanon

Banned
Blackjack said:
IK have that guide!

It's useful just for the maps. The actual strategy in Persona 1 comes down to "Get a Persona with NukeMore/Most" "Use NukeMore/Most EVERY BATTLE" "Win"

Basically yeah, and the maps were the only reason I was able to mush through the end of the game. Those final dungeons......Jesus. People complained about long levels of Tartarus.:lol

Blackjack

Tamanon said:
Basically yeah, and the maps were the only reason I was able to mush through the end of the game. Those final dungeons......Jesus. People complained about long levels of Tartarus.:lol
It's hilarious, due to the way the experience system works, when you have a guy on level 60+ killing everything in one turn and everyone else on level 30 or so. And Jesus, those dungeons. I got through up to those woods where you can lock in an ending by myself. After that, though, I was lost.

birdchili said:

I'm okay with doing things wrong when it means I get rewarded with something that will double it's value within a month and is packed with lots of interesting info that in no way lessens the challenge of the game.

birdchili

baphometbones said:
lots of interesting info that in no way lessens the challenge of the game.
really?

still... i know there are lots of folk who love the guides. i just prefer to have everything exposed to me via the game itself.

Top Bottom