• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Costanza

Banned
rainking187 said:
Got my copy a couple of hours ago from Amazon. Was going to play DMC4 to hold me over, but since I got it today I guess I'll start it today. Better luck next year DMC4.
How was the artbook packaged?

Sallokin

Fuck yes, Amazon just shipped P4 and the Social Link Expansion Pack. Since I live like 30 minutes from the nearest warehouse I should have them tomorrow morning.

Volcynika

rainking187 said:
Got my copy a couple of hours ago from Amazon. Was going to play DMC4 to hold me over, but since I got it today I guess I'll start it today. Better luck next year DMC4.

I hate you!

Enjoy it!

Tamanon said:
Interview in the guide mentions them. Igor explains why they're not there in the room in the game. Also the interview says that Philemon is the Butterfly in both P3 and P4.:lol
Wait... If Philemon's there, does that mean it's in the same continuity as the first two Persona games? :/
I mean, don't get me wrong, they have pretty good stories, but I liked that P3 and P4 took place in a more realistic world, without demons.

Tamanon

Banned
Hitlersaurus Christ said:
Wait... If Philemon's there, does that mean it's in the same continuity as the first two Persona games? :/
I mean, don't get me wrong, they have pretty good stories, but I liked that P3 and P4 took place in a more realistic world, without demons.

Well, Igor is there. Philemon might exist between worlds:p

Blackjack

Hitlersaurus Christ said:
I'm not entirely sure "magical hidden hour" counts as more realistic.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Tamanon said:
Interview in the guide mentions them. Igor explains why they're not there in the room in the game. Also the interview says that Philemon is the Butterfly in both P3 and P4.:lol
Awesome.

Blackjack said:
I'm not entirely sure "magical hidden hour" counts as more realistic.
Yeah, you have a point. But at least it was
psuedoscience
responsible for it. But I don't know, even so, I just liked that it was a new, unrelated world, and not in a multiverse kind of way.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Guled said:
guide and goodies most likely, but I'm sure you can find the game 6 months from now. I would say the main quest in P3 is around 60 hours, but I can totally see people sending over 100 hours on it

urge.... to ask for the whole P4 game/artbook/guide set for xmas.... growing...

is there a video review or something i can watch to get a better feel for this game? i'd hate to ask my family to drop all this cash on a game i won't like...

Sallokin

jon bones said:
urge.... to ask for the whole P4 game/artbook/guide set for xmas.... growing...

is there a video review or something i can watch to get a better feel for this game? i'd hate to ask my family to drop all this cash on a game i won't like...

It may be too late for the artbook unless you go pre-order this evening, but the game/guide combo shouldn't be too expensive (Less than 60 if you go through amazon I believe). That is if you feel like you don't want to have your family drop the money on it.

Tamanon said:

.....Ugh I wish they let this guy go after Persona 2. I have so much disdain for this character its not even funny.

Tamanon

Banned
Urban Scholar said:
.....Ugh I wish they let this guy go after Persona 2. I have so much disdain for this character its not even funny.

Hey, he just kinda flits about so you don't see the strings! Just put it out of your mind.

And yeah, I punched him.:lol

Wilsongt said:
I just got the call from Gamestop and I jizzed. in. my. pants.

Well, no, but I am pretty damn excited.
Just heard that song yesterday, so your post cracked me up. Looking forward to picking this game up soon.

Tamanon said:
Hey, he just kinda flits about so you don't see the strings! Just put it out of your mind.

And yeah, I punched him.:lol

I'll try to unsee it, but if he comebacks into the series I'm writing an angry fanboy letter to Atlus.

Tamanon

Banned
Guled said:
Your team mates pick you up when your down, awesome. Also what do they mean by follow up attacks?

From the wiki:

For level 3, if the protagonist successfully knocks down a shadow, the allies will occasionally offer to have a follow- up attack which can 100% knock down and paralyzes another shadow.

So it sounds like a two-for-one chance on knockdowns.

birdchili

jon bones said:
unless you like jrpgs that have big expansive worlds (which this doesn't have), i'd say it's good for anyone who likes the tropes of the genre (based on p3).

quality turn-based combat, no random encounters (you stalk visible monsters to try and get a leg up in the turn-based part), building/balancing your party, conversations where your answers matter, and a decent story and characters. it doesn't hurt that it has a better artistic sensibility the most games either.

Do the strategy guides come with a preorder. Found out that one of the guys that lives right next to me on campus works at the local gamestop, and he gave me the DJ guide after i preordered. I thought it was just the art book, but i didn't notice till i got back home. Does the artbook come packaged with the game? Because i actually want that.

I'm hoping they get it in store for pick-up tommorow.

Tamanon

Banned
velvet_nitemare said:
Do the strategy guides come with a preorder. Found out that one of the guys that lives right next to me on campus works at the local gamestop, and he gave me the DJ guide after i preordered. I thought it was just the art book, but i didn't notice till i got back home. Does the artbook come packaged with the game? Because i actually want that.

Nope, sounds like that employee just got it wrong.:lol

You get an artbook with the game, not packaged with it. Although when I pre-ordered, Gamestop gave me a Crisis Core strategy guide free because they needed to clear up space.

Yay, put in my preorder today and will be picking it up tommorrow. Though I'm not even through FES yet :(. I'm about 25 hours in and on floor 61, am I still a long ways or no? I might just start P4 and put fes on hold because I can't really wait after I get a new game.

decisions, decisions

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Shipping estimate: December 15, 2008

* 1 of: Persona 4: Amazon.com Exclusive Social Link Expansion Pack

:/

Guled

velvet_nitemare said:

looks like he screwed up, lucky you

Darkman M

velvet_nitemare said:

Nope, he just wants you now you'll have to repay the favor.

Guled said:
looks like he screwed up, lucky you

Dunno if he screwed up. As i said, we're neighbors and we've partied together a few times. I'd like to think he did me a favor, just hope he doesn't get in trouble for it. I'll ask him about getting that artbook, but that might be me being greedy. I loved the P3 artbook though, so i want this one too.

Top Bottom