• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Tamanon

Banned
ultron87 said:
That is exactly what I wanted to see when it comes to the first image related to this anime.

Yup, immediately means it's really the Persona 4 team of characters, not like Trinity Soul.

pirata

duckroll said:
FROM THE DIRECTOR OF ANGEL BEATS AND MY BRIDE IS A MERMAID COMES THE LONG AWAITED ANIME ADAPTATION OF PERSONA 4!

Sorry, that doesn't mean much to me. I don't really know much about anime studios/directors/etc., but I assume that those are very girlie shows?

Sophia

Pandaman said:
too be fair, that ones actually good.

It's average. Not bad, but not good either. Granted, I still feel pretty confident with how many Atlus staffers seem to be at the helm. Plus the art looks identical to the in-game art. Pretty rare for an anime adaption.

At the very worst, we're getting sexy new Meguro music and some nice art out of it. At best, the adaptation will be so awesome we turn into Neo and become The One.

Tamanon

Banned
Marrshu said:
It's average. Not bad, but not good either. Granted, I still feel pretty confident with how many Atlus staffers seem to be at the helm. Plus the art looks identical to the in-game art. Pretty rare for an anime adaption.

At the very worst, we're getting sexy new Meguro music and some nice art out of it. At best, the adaptation will be so awesome we turn into Neo and become The One.

If they don't include the MC's badass first awakening music in that scene, it will be a failure.

But new music will be great.

Is the studio different from the one who did the in-game FMVs? I really loved watching them, like MC's awakening and
the car chase with Dojima

duckroll

Wolf Akela said:
Is the studio different from the one who did the in-game FMVs? I really loved watching them, like MC's awakening and
the car chase with Dojima

Yes. P4's anime FMVs were done by A-1. It's okay though, AIC ASTA is a better studio than A-1. :p

Sophia

duckroll said:
Yes. P4's anime FMVs were done by A-1. It's okay though, AIC ASTA is a better studio than A-1. :p

Was A-1 the group that did the animation scenes for Persona 3? Because those were god-awful outside of the first summoning.

Basch

duckroll said:
Yes. It was horrible.

Because? I just started watching it and thought the direction was amazing. I don't see why I should stop. If you have a problem with the story wouldn't it be more Maeda Jun's fault? I honestly think the adaptation is in good hands, especially since the original team seems to be helping with the production.

Kagari said:
Disappointing that they would change it for the anime for whatever reason.

This character gets the bad ending so yeah, different name. Probably a continuation on the bad ending canon.
ZOMBIE NANAKO !

It's Souji Seta in the manga although I think it there hasn't been a new release for quite some time. The new name sounds pretty girl but I don't know anything about Japanese names.

As for the English VAs... if it does get a localization then MC won't be a problem since JYB is such a popular VA for English dubs. I don't know about the others aside from being regular VAs in JRPGs.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Requeim said:
i agree, Yu Narukami is not as good, and even if it was they should have kept it consistent

I'll still check it out... it can't be as bad as Persona Trinity Soul... right?

Tamanon

Banned
Crewnh said:
That's great. If this gets dubbed, I hope the english vas return too.

They're your regular US anime VAs, so *IF* it comes over here, I'm sure they'd sign on. Johnny Yong Bosch is always looking for work.

Tamanon

Banned
P4P is coming, but that's not what the website is about. It'd be silly for Atlus to not make P4P, considering how well P3P did.

duckroll

Basch said:
Because? I just started watching it and thought the direction was amazing. I don't see why I should stop. If you have a problem with the story wouldn't it be more Maeda Jun's fault? I honestly think the adaptation is in good hands, especially since the original team seems to be helping with the production.

Haha okay. If you think the direction is amazing, great. I feel it was poorly directed, poorly edited, poorly animated, and poorly written. I also though it was ugly and stupid. And I only watched 2 episodes. I think you'll probably enjoy this if you think Angel Beats has amazing direction!

graywolf323

jvalioli said:
lol. It's the Persona 4 anime we've talking about for a couple of pages.

yeah I just finally got the site to load (stupid slow internet in Ohio) and was disappointed

rather have P4P than an anime :p

P4P would really be cool but I'm still happy. I really wanted an anime adaptation even while I was playing through the game for the first time.

Dedication Through Light said:
Why would it get dubbed if NISA wasnt willing to dub the Trinity Soul? (Assuming they would pick this one up)
They may feel that this one could reach a bigger audience and thus feel the need to dub it.

But yeah video game anime mostly sucks so I'm cautious about this. I'm out of the anime loop so I know nothing of the people behind this previous works.

Sophia

Dedication Through Light said:
Why would it get dubbed if NISA wasnt willing to dub the Trinity Soul? (Assuming they would pick this one up)

Because Trinity Soul was a ZETTA SLOW piece of crap where as this actually might be good enough for Atlus to pick up or co-distribute with say... FUNimation?

Marrshu said:
Because Trinity Soul was a ZETTA SLOW piece of crap where as this actually might be good enough for Atlus to pick up or co-distribute with say... FUNimation?
So we can have a terrible dub? Though I guess they employ a lot of the voices that appeared in Persona 4.

Sophia

Rahxephon91 said:
So we can have a terrible dub? Though I guess they employ a lot of the voices that appeared in Persona 4.

I said co-distribute. If Atlus has a hand in it, they'll no doubt grab as many of the original dub actors as they can.

Tamanon

Banned
I imagine as an adaptation, they'll have more people dying/being kidnapped. Realistically, running a series that starts off with 5 or 6 rescue arcs would be a bad idea, lol.

Marrshu said:
I said co-distribute. If Atlus has a hand in it, they'll no doubt grab as many of the original dub actors as they can.
I would hope so. I have no idea how these dub things work really. Has Atlus ever done anything like that before?

Peff

The countdown site seems to have a trialer if you let it load, apparently?

v0EBI.png

Top Bottom