• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

If it wasn't for Naoto's resistances, I'd never use her in battle. :^/

Story-wise though, I'd say Chie gets super-lame near the end, and her Social Link ain't helping her out one bit.

Dresden

Chie was just a total bro, which gets her a lot of points in my book. Her S.Link definitely isn't the most interesting, but then, none of the girls get links that can match Kanji's.

Pirabear

Banned
Not really sure why we're choosing our favorites based on their mystery solving skills rather than their personality. If that's the case, anyone that doesn't choose Naoto is wrong.

Yukiko≥Naoto>Rise>Chie

KuwabaraTheMan said:
That's Chie.

Rise>Yukiko>Naoto>Chie

Rise is useful?

HI3Dy.jpg

KuwabaraTheMan said:
But Chie's Social Link was the least interesting one in the entire game. Yukiko's story was more interesting in my opinion.

Kanji>all, though.
Yukiko's story was as lame as the character. For all the lack of development or truly interesting things that really happen (and, quite honestly, how arbitrary starting a relationship with her is; the scene they cut out that someone posted a bunch of pages back is WAY better in that regard), at least Chie has the benefit of being a really fun, well-written character
(and no, I'm not just saying that because a tomboy into kung fu flicks is basically my dream girl... okay, maybe a little)
. Yukiko's faux-drama is so fucking predictably boring, not to mention basically her only distinguishing feature is that she's the obvious "pretty small town girl with a heart of gold" character meant to win the heart of the rough-and-tumble city boy. Being the main love interest does not an interesting character make. >:|

But yes, Kanji is obviously where it's at.

I AM JOHN! said:
Yukiko's story was as lame as the character. For all the lack of development or truly interesting things that really happen (and, quite honestly, how arbitrary starting a relationship with her is; the scene they cut out that someone posted a bunch of pages back is WAY better in that regard), at least Chie has the benefit of being a really fun, well-written character. Yukiko's faux-drama is so fucking predictably boring, not to mention basically her only distinguishing feature is that she's the obvious "pretty small town girl with a heart of gold" character meant to win the heart of the rough-and-tumble city boy. Being the main love interest does not an interesting character make. >:|

But yes, Kanji is obviously where it's at.

Personally, I found Yukiko's crisis to be fairly interesting, and I liked the way that she really grew as a person through her interactions with the MC. She wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed going through her S. Link and spending time with her.

Chie would be someone who I'd like to have as a friend in real life, but I found her the least interesting character of the main cast (which still makes her one of the better characters in any game, mind you). She seemed largely the same at the end of the game as she was at the start.

Soma

Man, Chie wasn't the most deep character but goddamnit she was just so damn likeable.

And she got fucking beastly in battle when she had God's Hand + Power Charge

Totally chose her for the Christmas dinner thing.

Dresden

moonspeak said:
Man, Chie wasn't the most deep character but goddamnit she was just so damn likeable.

Kanji gets MAN FORCE, though.

And Rise clearly had the best Christmas dinner. /opinion

Droplet

I'm sort of cautiously excited for this. If they use the same music I'll be more than happy but I have to wonder what they'll do with the protagonist. Namely if they'll even bother to give him more personality than he needs to get the plot along.

...I still haven't finished this game. I got stuck in Naoto's dungeon and haven't touched it for a year and a half. :(

Droplet said:
I'm sort of cautiously excited for this. If they use the same music I'll be more than happy but I have to wonder what they'll do with the protagonist. Namely if they'll even bother to give him more personality than he needs to get the plot along.

...I still haven't finished this game. I got stuck in Naoto's dungeon and haven't touched it for a year and a half. :(

Well, now's as good a time as any to finish it!

I do wonder what they'll do with the main character. It would be weird seeing him with a different personality than the one I projected onto him.

sikkinixx

So after beating the game last year and immediately starting over... I didn't play it for about 8 months. Yesterday I fire it up and resume.

So... I didn't know I still could purchase all the Personas from my first play through. Second dungeon in and I have level 50 personas, wrecking fools. MC attacks do more than double everyone else. I guess I should have turned the difficulty to hard.

moonspeak said:

"I told my folks I was staying at Yukikos overnight."

Charlie: One lucky son-of-a-bitch.

Chie would be someone who I'd like to have as a friend in real life, but I found her the least interesting character of the main cast (which still makes her one of the better characters in any game, mind you). She seemed largely the same at the end of the game as she was at the start.

Chie was a manipulative bundle of neuroses and lies at the beginning. You're only seeing the outward, unchanging self. The Inner Self was a mess.

ultron87

Got the TV to load again. You can hit the channel selector to switch to the screen miladesn posted earlier:

capturenufs.jpg

I'm sad to report that touching the screen did not let me get into the TV world.

Sophia

All the actors are returning, Meguro is returning to do the music. Seiji Kishi (Angel Beats!) is the director, and AIC A.S.T.A. (GunXSword, Blood+, Solty Rei) for animations.

Kazuma Kaneko and Shigenori Soejima are also apparently on board, althought only credited as original character designs.

Source

Top Bottom