• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

ultron87

Tamanon said:
I imagine as an adaptation, they'll have more people dying/being kidnapped. Realistically, running a series that starts off with 5 or 6 rescue arcs would be a bad idea, lol.

I'm really just here for the school trip episodes.

Marrshu said:
Do you just have to let it sit or something? Flicking the switch just takes me to the official site. :\

Yeah until the next midnight in Japan..... :-(

Edit: trailer playing !!!!

Edit 2: it's only 10 seconds :-(

So who in the world is this for? People who played through the game that forgot all the twists?

I love the game to death, but the tease of shadow Yosuke in the trailer just strikes me as tedious.

At least we might get more bitchin' Meguro music.

Dresden

Wolf Akela said:
I just hope they don't stretch it like Detective Conan even if I love that show.
There's no chance of that happening at all.

In fact you should be more worried on what they cut out, because cut they will.

Sophia

meltingparappa said:
So who in the world is this for? People who played through the game that forgot all the twists?

I love the game to death, but the tease of shadow Yosuke in the trailer just strikes me as tedious.

At least we might get more bitchin' Meguro music.

Remind me again why it has to "be" for someone? The teaser trailer didn't really spoil anything anyhow...

So it's an anime after all.

I dunno, a lot of video game adaptations usually aren't that great. At best they're unremarkable, like Tales of the Abyss. At worst you wonder why they bothered to do it in the first place, like the Tales of Eternia anime which was basically some fanfic at some tropical resort with a Mary Sue replacing Farah. No really, I don't like using that term much, but good lord I can't think of any way to describe her. Well, I guess P4 won't be that bad, that's something to look forward too.

Funny they announce this after I started replaying P4 again.

ultron87

Wolf Akela said:
I love you.

Well you should probably direct at least some of your love at Peff who posted the link earlier.

But don't worry, we're in a Persona thread. So loving multiple people is in no way a problem.

_woLf

Not sure if want. >_<

I love Persona 4, but the fact it's an anime and they've already changed the protag's name to something unfavorable is not a good sign.

I much would have rather had P4P/3DS. :(

pirata

Okay, the music in that short little trailer was pretty great, and it seems to have a great sense of atmosphere, which is a good sign. My expectations have raised a sliver, if only a sliver. I still won't let myself get super excited, though.

And why are people freaking out about the name? Officially, he was just "protagonist" or "hero." Seta was just a name given to him in the manga.

I really hope that Atlus has more involvement in this than they did in Trinity Soul. That series flat-out contradicted the rules of the Persona universe (people lose the ability to summon their persona when they reach adulthood? Were the writers even familiar with the series?).

ultron87

Conflict NZ said:
Hope they do an english dub with the VAs from the game, that's the only way I'll watch this.

The only conflict there is that if they took the exact cast Adachi and the main guy would be voiced by the same person. It'd be too much Johnny Young Bosch for any one anime to handle.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
_woLf said:
Not sure if want. >_<

I love Persona 4, but the fact it's an anime and they've already changed the protag's name to something unfavorable is not a good sign.

I much would have rather had P4P/3DS. :(
Same, save for the protagonist's name. It makes me a little uncomfortable because it's a little inconsistent, but the protagonist was nameless in the first place. They can do whatever they want.

I LOVE Persona 4, it's one of my favourite games of all time, but I'm not really looking forward to this. Persona: Trinity Soul wasn't very good, so I'm not sure if I want this. To be honest, I would have preferred P4P wih a female protag.

If we get a Meguro soundtrack out of this, it'll be great. But Meguro didn't compose for Trinity Soul: http://vgmdb.net/album/8328. Not sure if it'll be the same thing this time around. But we will probably get some vocal work from the artists who were on the P4 album. Edit: Meguro is composing for P4Anime. I am blind. XD

ultron87 said:
The only conflict there is that if they took the exact cast Adachi and the main guy would be voiced by the same person. It'd be too much Johnny Young Bosch for any one anime to handle.

They'd get someone new for Yu then. I can't imagine Adachi any different.

Thoraxes

Dark Schala said:
Same, save for the protagonist's name. It makes me a little uncomfortable because it's a little inconsistent, but the protagonist was nameless in the first place. They can do whatever they want.

I LOVE Persona 4, it's one of my favourite games of all time, but I'm not really looking forward to this. Persona: Trinity Soul wasn't very good, so I'm not sure if I want this. To be honest, I would have preferred P4P wih a female protag.

If we get a Meguro soundtrack out of this, it'll be great. But Meguro didn't compose for Trinity Soul: http://vgmdb.net/album/8328. Not sure if it'll be the same thing this time around. But we will probably get some vocal work from the artists who were on the P4 album.
We do. Meguro IS providing the soundtrack for the anime. I know I read it somewhere on either the website or the twitter or in the video. When I get home from work, i'll post a link and point you to directly where it says so.

Thoraxes

Snapshot King said:
They'd get someone new for Yu then. I can't imagine Adachi any different.
Oh man, I can't wait to hear Adachi. Everything about him is probably going to make me feel so awesome when I watch the anime, and I really can not see them ever replacing his voice.

ultron87

Thoraxes said:
Oh man, I can't wait to hear Adachi. Everything about him is probably going to make me feel so awesome when I watch the anime, and I really can not see them ever replacing his voice.

I don't think anyone else could get the delivery on
"... bitches
so perfect.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Thoraxes said:
We do. Meguro IS providing the soundtrack for the anime. I know I read it somewhere on either the website or the twitter or in the video. When I get home from work, i'll post a link and point you to directly where it says so.
Ah, thanks. It's on the site, I believe. Clearly I'm blind and didn't click on Staff and Cast.

Time to purchase another Meguro soundtrack! But I'm still not psyched for the anime. Ah well.

Soma

Well I liked Angel Beats so I'm on board with this.

Meguro doing the soundtrack is great!

I wonder how they're gonna tackle the Social Linking.

Thoraxes

ultron87 said:
I don't think anyone else could get the delivery on
"... bitches
so perfect.
Or the delivery of
"this world has gone straight to shit"

NinajHeartless said:
Really hoping this isn't awful :/ (and that P4P is announced soon :3)
What if at the end of the anime, they announced P4P for 3DS and P5 stuff? I don't think my heart would be able to handle it.

Dark Schala said:
Ah, thanks. It's on the site, I believe. Clearly I'm blind and didn't click on Staff and Cast.

Time to purchase another Meguro soundtrack! But I'm still not psyched for the anime. Ah well.
Well that works then! I too am very excited to buy another Meguro OST. He does really awesome things with music, and I can't wait to see how he does an anime.

There is only one true name, and that is Charlie Tunoku. Anything else is just flat out wrong and if you say otherwise, please throw yourself off a bridge.

Seriously, though, why didn't they just use Souji Seta? That's basically his official name, so why rename him and yet keep everyone else the same? Is there some extra meaning to his new name I'm missing? It's not a big deal or anything, but it makes no sense whatsoever.

Whatever, this is probably going to suck anyway. Still, as someone who is very interested in the idea of adapting the game into a serialized show, I'm interested in seeing how this unfolds despite my lack of expectations.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
duckroll said:
They are pretty bad shows!
%5BSeto-Otaku%5D-Seto-no-Hanayome-Jin-OVA01-%28DVD-864x4.jpg

Soma

firehawk12 said:
I hope they go with the true ending:
Kanji
Oh god what if it's like Amagami SS or sometihng where there's mini romantic arcs for the girls and the last one is with Yosuke or Kanji.

...or Teddie.

Top Bottom