• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

What studio is doing it?

The only issue I have is that the anime sections were pretty weak in the game, the characters looked horrible in the ending section...

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Sweeeeet. I can't wait for this.

The only thing that could be better would be a fully animated and voiced hiimdaisy comic.

But I'd probably die of laughter.

Droplet

NotebookJ2 said:
So it's an anime after all.

I dunno, a lot of video game adaptations usually aren't that great. At best they're unremarkable, like Tales of the Abyss. At worst you wonder why they bothered to do it in the first place, like the Tales of Eternia anime which was basically some fanfic at some tropical resort with a Mary Sue replacing Farah. No really, I don't like using that term much, but good lord I can't think of any way to describe her. Well, I guess P4 won't be that bad, that's something to look forward too.

Funny they announce this after I started replaying P4 again.

Persona 4 comes off as something that would be much easier to adapt into an anime, especially if you compare it to a Tales game which really had a plot that was almost only suitable for a game.

Still upset about the protag's name. Not only has his manga name been basically solidified as his name, the new name doesn't even fit him. A little less cautiously optimistic...

Persona7

Banned
NOW I FACE OUT

I HOLD OUT

I REACH OUT TO THE TRUTH OF MY LIFE

SEEKING TO SEIZE ON THE WHOLE MOMENT YEAH

This song haunts me in my dreams, it is permanently ingrained in my brain.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Hellsing321 said:
The shipping wars that will be started by the Anime will be the bloodiest ever witnessed.
I bet some people are looking forward to the revival of Persona 4 Doujin that comes from the anime, and then even more when they make P4P.

You know it's going to happen.

cj_iwakura

Here's the only shipping guide you need.

Covers all of Megaten, more or less.

smtchart2.jpg

I should update that to include SJ.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
cj_iwakura said:
Here's the only shipping guide you need.

Covers all of Megaten, more or less.

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb379/cjiw1/smtchart2.jpg[IMG]

I should update that to include SJ.[/QUOTE]
I think that needs some revising too.

Go_Ly_Dow

By the way I was wondering what people here would prefer.

-P4P
-P4 HD for PS3 with trophies

Assuming that both versions would include a female alternative, new/enhanced social links and some minor gameplay tweaks.

In a dream world we would get P4 Cross platform PS3/NGP.

Jeels

I settled for a teddie avatar for myself, but here are some extras I made if anyone wants them.

BeREe.png
oG5CE.png
Z6NjT.png

Also if anyone has Persona related avatar requests, I will take them. :)

M_Night said:
By the way I was wondering what people here would prefer.

-P4P
-P4 HD for PS3 with trophies

Assuming that both versions would include a female alternative, new/enhanced social links and some minor gameplay tweaks.

In a dream world we would get P4 Cross platform PS3/NGP.

P5.

oG5CE.png

Also mine.

EDIT : you mad attackthebase ? Sorry bro.

Jeels said:
I settled for a teddie avatar for myself, but here are some extras I made if anyone wants them.

oG5CE.png

Persona 4 Avatar?! Snatch. Thanks!

Edit: No worries, the first one is pretty cool too. They're all great avatars!

Edit 2: Oh no, .JayZii! Three avatars are too few! :-O

Persona7

Banned
Jeels said:

BeREe.png
oG5CE.png
Z6NjT.png

How about a Naoto avatar from the all out attack screen?

.JayZii

Banned
Jeels said:

BeREe.png

Yes please, and thank you.

Attackthebase said:
Persona 4 Avatar?! Snatch. Thanks!

Edit: No worries, the first one is pretty cool too. They're all great avatars!

Lol I switched to the first one for a moment but you did it at the same moment. Nevermind then :p

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Jeels said:
I definitely agree, he craps all over the emo turd that is the P3 protagonist. Everything about P4's hero screams awesome.

Haha, so true. Although I can't comment on P3P's female mc.

Persona7

Banned
pikablu said:
Love this game. Got to about the 2nd month. Need to play it some more. I keep dying in the stupid bathhouse.
BEAT IT BEFORE YOU GET SPOILED

I regret taking my time with the game because some asshole linked that horrible persona 4 comic and I got mega-spoilered before I knew what to do.

Persona7

Banned
I was thinking about this earlier today but I totally forgot to post about it.

Is their any good P4(or maybe persona3?) PS3 themes on the internet? I searched the internet earlier and I came across ONE P4 theme but the problem is that it was made with older fiirmware in mind and some of the icons are broken.

Clott

Persona7 said:
BEAT IT BEFORE YOU GET SPOILED

This. I actually made it through by sticking to gaf, don't even type in ANY of the character names into Google, as the suggestions will spoil the game as well.

And to the other question, I would choose P4 in HD on the PS3, but P5 would trump all of those things.

Persona7 said:
I was thinking about this earlier today but I totally forgot to post about it.

Is their any good P4(or maybe persona3?) PS3 themes on the internet? I searched the internet earlier and I came across ONE P4 theme but the problem is that it was made with older fiirmware in mind and some of the icons are broken.

http://darkaoz.deviantart.com/art/DarKaoZ-Persona-4-PS3-Theme-105785892

This is the one I use. It's great cause it alternates between different characters and personas. Still works too.

pirata

So, the second countdown that was on the mayonaka.tv site just ended a few minutes ago, but nothing seems to have changed. Any explanations?

I'm so glad that they are doing an anime based on Charlie. He really deserves it. But I'm concerned about who they are going to get to voice Jeff and Vinny.

Guys,
after I got my baby boy 8 months ago I have really almost no time to game anymore. In short I never played either of Personas but sadly I have time for only one. In that case will it be ok to skip nr3 and go straight for number 4?
I know I'll be missing out on a great game but sadly such is life.
What say you folks?

duckroll

pirata said:
So, the second countdown that was on the mayonaka.tv site just ended a few minutes ago, but nothing seems to have changed. Any explanations?

The teaser trailer is only available for viewing from midnight to dawn the next day on specific days. On all other days it's just a countdown. It's a gimmick marketing device meant to mimic the game's setting. Nothing more.

Top Bottom