• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Costanza

Banned
kiruyama said:
Yay, put in my preorder today and will be picking it up tommorrow. Though I'm not even through FES yet :(. I'm about 25 hours in and on floor 61, am I still a long ways or no? I might just start P4 and put fes on hold because I can't really wait after I get a new game.

decisions, decisions
There's 262 (give or take) floors of Tartarus. You have a fucking LONG way to go.

kiryogi

Banned
Well looks like both the social link and artbook shipped :D Weird tho, im getting the artbook later than the social link. No matter.

Guled

velvet_nitemare said:
Dunno if he screwed up. As i said, we're neighbors and we've partied together a few times. I'd like to think he did me a favor, just hope he doesn't get in trouble for it. I'll ask him about getting that artbook, but that might be me being greedy. I loved the P3 artbook though, so i want this one too.
just ask for the artbook when you pick it up and act like nothing happend. Did they mark your receipt or something?

Guled said:
just ask for the artbook when you pick it up and act like nothing happend. Did they mark your receipt or something?

Nope just checked, my receipt is unmarked. Fingers crossed i get it.

Fuck Finals week, by the way.

IzzyF3

Hey, dropping my first post here. I preordered the game and the social link expansion on Amazon.com. Got to love Amazon.com, five bucks off the game and no fuss about preordering Madden or signing up for MVP cards.

Won't be playing the game until Christmas break through. Got tons of work to do for finals week.

NG28

My friend just told me a game had just come out for ps2, so we both laughed until we realized it is getting remarkable ratings. I never played Persona games before, might have to give this a try.

matmanx1

I think I've said it before but Persona 3 FES was my favorite gaming experience of the year and probably my favorite JRPG ever. Too say my hype level for Persona 4 is high would be a teensy understatement. I'm so excited I might have a hard time sleeping tonight!!

Nekobo

I signed up for the trial version of Amazon Prime just to get the free two day shipping for the game, the social link expansion bundle, the guide, and the P4 Official Design Works (artbook). I got my guide on Saturday...boy, was it tough not to look through it.

Now I have to finish Valkyria Chronicles before the game arrives tomorrow. :eek:

RedBoot

Gamestop Robot said it would be in tomorrow. I'll pick it up, but I'm busy as hell all week so I won't have much time to play until the weekend.

Actually, that's a lie, I'll just sacrifice sleep to play some during the week. P4 is more important than sleep, I think.

Darkman M

Rahxephon91 said:
So it should be in stores tomorrow? Awesome!

The ship date is 12/08/08 so yeah the game is officially released tomorrow. Certain stores like bestbuy & Circuit City usually don't sale new Releases until Wednesday or Thursday i think though.

They do tuesdays as well, just after 2pm usually. Well that's at CC but i think BB does that too..call'em.

I'm ready for Persona 4. The only thing i was hoping for was new looks for the Persona's, that's all..read that they mostly look the same :*, saw Take-Mikazuchi, and wtf? P3 Take-Maikazuchi was awsome w/ the sword..i remember setting him up with Getsu-ei/Zan-ei slash attacks, rocked so many shadow faces with that skill/

I didn't get a call yesterday, but that happens from time to time. I guess, I'll just head over to the Gamestop I preordered from and see if they got it. I really hope they did.

Volcynika

I'm gonna print out some study stuff then hopefully pick it up in a couple hours! Mayyyyyyyybe spend at least an hour playing it...hopefully just an hour, I have to do some major studying today. D:

eXistor

I pre-ordered it so long ago and tbh I figured I wouldn't play it this year, but I'm gonna go right aheah and put all my time into this when I get it. I'm pretty psyched too.

epmode

So I may not get the DoubleJump guide in time for tonight (it's in the mail). Before I start, I'd love to have a basic idea on which stats or activities I should work on to free up more time for meaningful S-Links. Knowing a little about this before starting FES was invaluable and I'd like something similar for P4.

Spoiler if you have to, <3

Tamanon

Banned
epmode said:
So I may not get the DoubleJump guide in time for tonight (it's in the mail). Before I start, I'd love to have a basic idea on which stats or activities I should work on to free up more time for meaningful S-Links. Knowing a little about this before starting FES was invaluable and I'd like something similar for P4.

Spoiler if you have to, <3

The guide suggests going in the order of
Knowledge, Understanding, Expression, Courage, Diligence

Of course you'll improve those at different rates and different ways. Sometimes working on S. Links will improve them. Everything's pretty interconnected it seems.

I assume since I didn't get a call for Prince of Persia then I won't get a call for P4? I'll just call them around 2ish when any shipments come in to see!

DMPrince said:
I assume since I didn't get a call for Prince of Persia then I won't get a call for P4? I'll just call them around 2ish when any shipments come in to see!

I guess it really just depends from store to store. I didn't get a call for POP but got a call last night for P4.

Volcynika

birdchili said:
it's a jrpg. you don't actually get to *play* the first hour:)

good luck to all yous who are juggling priorities with for reals exams.

:lol yeah, I remember how long P3's intro stuff was.

I just wanna get at least to the awakening scene. :D

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
For the folks that did Amazon.com Super Saver Shipping, my game JUST got shipped... so everyone's should be headed out today I imagine.

Volcynika said:
I'm gonna print out some study stuff then hopefully pick it up in a couple hours! Mayyyyyyyybe spend at least an hour playing it...hopefully just an hour, I have to do some major studying today. D:

Just make sure if you study today, you go to bed early tomorrow night. You don't want to get tired and sick or anything.

Fistwell said:
It's probably been discussed already, but i wanted to say that i'm positively shocked that P4 is topping the metacritic PS2 chart (at 97% avg).
Niiiiiiiiice.

SMT has been my favorite gaming franchise for a long time. I'm glad it's finally getting the critical recognition it deserves.

mjc

It appears as though my copy shipped from Amazon three days ago, but I went with Super Saver Shipping for this one. I should have it by the end of the week.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Persona 4 Double Jump guide is already sold out at Amazon.com and I haven't even decided if I want to ask for this for Christmas. Balls!

jon bones said:
Persona 4 Double Jump guide is already sold out at Amazon.com and I haven't even decided if I want to ask for this for Christmas. Balls!

Just order it direct from Double Jump's website. Fuck Amazon, I had the guide ordered from them on the day it went up for sale and they sent me a message the day it should have shipped saying it was sold out. I'm not sure, but if you search for Double Jump's ebay store they might still have copies for $13 and it should ship immediately.

Kevtones

Last final today. Then its Persona 4/Dark Knight explosion.

Sweet Junpei I'm excited for this game. Persona 3 was one of the more inspiring games in terms of validating my gaming habit. It really caused attachment.

jon bones

baphometbones said:
Just order it direct from Double Jump's website. Fuck Amazon, I had the guide ordered from them on the day it went up for sale and they sent me a message the day it should have shipped saying it was sold out. I'm not sure, but if you search for Double Jump's ebay store they might still have copies for $13 and it should ship immediately.

Good looks! I'm still waiting to see how grind heavy this "easy" mode is before I jump in, though.

Tamanon

Banned
Volcynika said:
So, in preparation for getting the game soon, what difficulty is everyone going to start on?

Normal for me, give me a little more margin for error. Hard on the second playthrough.

Tamanon said:
Normal for me, give me a little more margin for error. Hard on the second playthrough.
Same for me. I plan for my first play through to just be a figure stuff out on my own run, live life as I would. The second, I'll probably do on hard, and use a guide for help.

birdchili

hard mode. too much room for error makes it less fun:) (turn-based rpgs that are too easy drive me nuts, actuallly)

i pretty-much have the systems figured out from p3 (more-or-less), and full party control is going to allow much better mp management this time, so i'm not too worried as long as things have been decently balanced.

does the compendium come at triple-price (ala nocturne) in hard mode? that'd definitely change the way i have to attack things compared to p3.

jon bones

any idea on what makes "easy" mode so easy? i'm not very patient when it comes to jrpgs and i hate grinding, so i'm hoping this sort of caters to the non-grind players. if it is, i may jump into my first jrpg in years.

Tamanon

Banned
jon bones said:
any idea on what makes "easy" mode so easy? i'm not very patient when it comes to jrpgs and i hate grinding, so i'm hoping this sort of caters to the non-grind players. if it is, i may jump into my first jrpg in years.

Easy mode is the same as normal mode, it just gives you 10 items that allow you to resurrect yourself and your party if you lose the battle. You don't really have to grind, the game's more about having and using the right personas, not levels.

birdchili

jon bones: i didn't feel like you needed to grind in p3 on "normal", though i did do quite a bit of side-questing and the optional dungeon at the end (which surely made the final boss about a billion times simpler).

i'm pretty sure you'd be grind-free on "easy" as long as you're actually engaging with the game systems and party/persona-building outside of combat (having the right party setup is more important than any particularly elaborate combat strategy, actually).

bryehn

oh Amazon.ca...will you actually ship my game/expansion out this week?

That roundtable interview got me super hyped, P4 really seems like a step up in every way. I wasn't planning on starting till January, but now that package is getting ripped open immediately.

I'll don my shirt that's like 3 sizes too big, put up my calendar and dive right in.

Top Bottom