• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Jeels

Melhisedek said:
Guys,
after I got my baby boy 8 months ago I have really almost no time to game anymore. In short I never played either of Personas but sadly I have time for only one. In that case will it be ok to skip nr3 and go straight for number 4?
I know I'll be missing out on a great game but sadly such is life.
What say you folks?

If you are talking about Persona 3 and Persona 4, then they are completely different games, one is not a sequel of the other and they have different stories. Even moreso, Persona 4 is superior to 3 in almost every way, almost completely different in structure. Both gameplay, and especially story wise, Persona 4 trumps it. So yes, just skip to Persona 4 if you have to.

A warning though, if like me you play 4 first and then decide to go back to 3, 3 will feel almost sluggish, at least that is my experience.

I don't know any fan who wouldn't recommend 4 over 3. 4 is just a better game. At least for me P4 has been a once in a life time RPG experience, which is why I am really looking forward to a potential Persona 5.

ultron87

Jeels said:
If you are talking about Persona 3 and Persona 4, then they are completely different games, one is not a sequel of the other and they have different stories. Even moreso, Persona 4 is superior to 3 in almost every way, almost completely different in structure. Both gameplay, and especially story wise, Persona 4 trumps it. So yes, just skip to Persona 4 if you have to.

A warning though, if like me you play 4 first and then decide to go back to 3, 3 will feel almost sluggish, at least that is my experience.

I think saying "almost completely different in structure" might be going a bit far.

But yeah, if you only have time for one 70 hour RPG go with Persona 4.

Jeels

ultron87 said:
I think saying "almost completely different in structure" might be going a bit far.

But yeah, if you only have time for one 70 hour RPG go with Persona 4.

Sorry, I should have explained further. By structure I mean Persona 4 having actual dungeons that you progress through and complete vs just one huge dungeon in Persona 3. And 4 having much more choice in regards to what you can and can't do during the day.

P4 anime is highly relevant to my interests. Though the VAs are the same as from the Japanese game, and IIRC I didn't really rate them. Maybe it was because I'd played through the English version and thought they didn't suit the characters or something silly like that.

Jeels said:
Also if anyone has Persona related avatar requests, I will take them. :)
I'd love a sweet sweet Yukiko if you can.

Go_Ly_Dow

LordPhoque said:

Ah option 3, wise choice.

Jeels said:
I settled for a teddie avatar for myself, but here are some extras I made if anyone wants them.

BeREe.png
oG5CE.png
Z6NjT.png

Also if anyone has Persona related avatar requests, I will take them. :)

Fuuuu...too late. Time to find and attempt to make my own P4 avatar. Will probably use MC but will settle for Yosuke or Dojima if I can find a good/funny picture.

Edit: Jeels, would it be okay if you create me one as well? I can send you an image or images of some good pics.

Go_Ly_Dow

Luckydude23 said:
Well, aren't they working on P5 right now? I guess we have to wait a little while longer for some info.

Not confirmed, but some strong hints that pretty much confirm it without Atlus officially confirming it.

I exiled myself from my dickish friends and their dumb antics last summer, feeling like a recluse and staying home all day because I didn't really trust the bastards. Of course, I had a few close friends who were great people but it didn't feel the same as hanging out with a larger group.

Persona 4 came and its themes just clicked with me. That whole friends forever crap that I would have thought corny before actually charmed me. It did more than that too; it gave me hope and reminded me about nice people. Needless to say I loved the game. Never mind it being an entirely different experience to a guy who hadn't played any RPGs since the PS2.

I actually thought about playing this in real time, but exams keep me busy. Is anyone doing that?

RPGCrazied

Lucky and found a copy for $34.99 today used. It didn't have the soundtrack with it though. ;/ Luckily it had the cover art and manual.

cj_iwakura

M_Night said:
Not confirmed, but some strong hints that pretty much confirm it without Atlus officially confirming it.

Last I heard, Katsura Hashino said the next Persona was in the planning phases.
(Catherine & P4's director)

RPGCrazied

firehawk12 said:
Hrm, the complete soundtrack? Maybe the usual places like YesAsia or PlayAsia? Haven't checked in a while.

No, the sampler disc that comes with new copies. I don't think you can return used games for the amount you paid for it. The gamestop that had it is kinda far, don't think I want to waste the gas to go try and return it. Oh well. I just want the complete package.

Tamanon

Banned
You're probably not going to get an OST unless you buy it new. Since it's the same trade-in price with and without it, almost nobody will return it.

RPGCrazied

I guess I'm buying games from Amazon now, or at least PS2 ones. Brand new 3 FES for $19.99. My gamestop has it used for $29.99. Fucking gamestop.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
RPGCrazied said:
No, the sampler disc that comes with new copies. I don't think you can return used games for the amount you paid for it. The gamestop that had it is kinda far, don't think I want to waste the gas to go try and return it. Oh well. I just want the complete package.
Ah, no clue then. Just FYI though, the CD that came with the game is only half of the soundtrack. It covers most of the game, but they took tracks from the 2CD OST and picked the ones to be included in the "sampler" CD.

Hellsing321 said:
I just found this the other day and laughed my ass off. Its probably been posted in this thread already but fuck it.

http://i.imgur.com/nuiOZl.png[IMG]
Heres a link to an album with the rest of them.
[url]http://imgur.com/a/HPK7W#4BvLS[/url][/QUOTE]
I think I don't get it because I don't read Yotsuba. :lol

Yaweee

firehawk12 said:
Ah, no clue then. Just FYI though, the CD that came with the game is only half of the soundtrack. It covers most of the game, but they took tracks from the 2CD OST and picked the ones to be included in the "sampler" CD.

I think I don't get it because I don't read Yotsuba. :lol

The other half comes with the Social Link collector box.

I still have mine in its original box from Amazon, sealed.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yaweee said:
The other half comes with the Social Link collector box.

I still have mine in its original box from Amazon, sealed.
I ended up just importing a JP copy because I don't think they offered the bundle up in Canada.

Persona7

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
I guess I'm buying games from Amazon now, or at least PS2 ones. Brand new 3 FES for $19.99. My gamestop has it used for $29.99. Fucking gamestop.
You just missed the Persona 4 sale they had, 21 bucks for a brand new copy fulfilled via amazon.

It is still pretty cheap though, 27 bucks for a new copy.

_woLf

I'm trying to decide who I'd rather have voice the english version of this anime.

The original cast, or the hiimdaisy comic dubbers.

Jeels

firehawk12 said:
Not sure if I'm ready to shun the Mugi, but any Rise ones if you don't mind!

smzOb.png
3QsvM.png
VRJrA.png

If someone has already taken their avatar, does that make the rest available? :3

I don't see why not. You can double check with the member who originally requested it out of courtesy if you'd like to.

M_Night said:
By the way I was wondering what people here would prefer.

-P4P
-P4 HD for PS3 with trophies

Assuming that both versions would include a female alternative, new/enhanced social links and some minor gameplay tweaks.

In a dream world we would get P4 Cross platform PS3/NGP.

P4P on NGP and P5 for PS3.

I'll give Atlus $100 right now even if it takes a year or 2.

Clott

I have been playing FFXIII for my first time and even though I am enjoying myself it makes me appreciate Persona 4 even more. It's a shame the burden of making a full RPG was too great to carry, I hope Atlus knows how to make a game of the Persona scope on a next gen system.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Man, all these P4 avatars (good stuff, Jeels!) are making me nostalgic for external hosting/rotating avvies. I'm gonna miss seeing the Detective Prince pop up on occasion...

5586_4.jpg

M_Night said:
-P4P
-P4 HD for PS3 with trophies
I think I'd probably get the chance to actually play P4P more often, but I'd love to see all new animated cutscenes in glorious HD too and finally feel compelled to Platinum an RPG on the PS3. :p

Soma

bc8Jp.png

XIiRX.png

KWU4y.png

Any of these okay? Some quick work.

Man if I didn't have my Beatrix avatar already I'd be rocking a Chie avatar right now.

@RPGCrazied: Of course!

Looks awesome, I think RPGCrazied was looking for the first one.

And yeah Chie avatars are swell, I can see myself posting more often just to ogle at it :3

Go_Ly_Dow

Jeels said:
Some of these came out better than others:

M_Night
08nIi.png
yjuHU.png
vASDn.png
XcTn5.png
0JgJy.png

Dojima's broken smile is calling to me. Thanks once again Jeels =)

The rest of mine are up for grabs. Obviously just post in here if you do wish to use it just in case I ever decide to change.

Clott

Curufinwe said:
I like all the P4 avatars, but I'm gonna stick with Azumanga Totoro.

Haha my girlfriend tried to convince me of getting a Totoro avatar.

But we need to stay on topic. I find it strange how when first playing the game I felt some of the features were a bit redundant like studying, but now when I think back on it I get these huge urges to replay the game. But I don't think I will for a long time unless I get a P4P option.

Kenka

I began playing this game on April, 12th this year. Totally creepy, I thought the game was pulling data from the BIOS to make it more realistic :eek:

I'll ever touch the game again, I had to lose to that stupid boss in the first dungeon. I lost two hours of my life in a stupid rush. Disgusting.

Yaweee

Kenka said:
I began playing this game on April, 12th this year. Totally creepy, I thought the game was pulling data from the BIOS to make it more realistic :eek:

I'll ever touch the game again, I had to lose to that stupid boss in the first dungeon. I lost two hours of my life in a stupid rush. Disgusting.

You can leave the dungeon at any time and return to exactly where you left off...

Top Bottom