• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Randy

Just started playing, arrived on 20th of April ingame. It's pretty great to have finally come across a RPG with some original assets. It's nothing like I have ever played before.

I must admit not having done the first dungeon yet,
I just rescued Chie from her dark self
I am a little worried how the whole saving thing/days mechanic is going to play out. It seems it's easy to screw up, hearing you guys talk about it. I wasn't exactly a prime hero when I played Majora's Mask, completing my objectives against time.

But we'll see, I guess.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's almost impossible to do everything on your first playthrough without a guide, so don't worry about it if it's not a big deal to you.

Huh, I didn't know that about weapons. Now I can save more money.

Randy said:
Just started playing, arrived on 20th of April ingame. It's pretty great to have finally come across a RPG with some original assets. It's nothing like I have ever played before.

I must admit not having done the first dungeon yet,
I just rescued Chie from her dark self
I am a little worried how the whole saving thing/days mechanic is going to play out. It seems it's easy to screw up, hearing you guys talk about it. I wasn't exactly a prime hero when I played Majora's Mask, completing my objectives against time.

But we'll see, I guess.

The game gives you plenty of time to save people, and even if you do mess up, you get the option of going back in time, though you'll lose progress of what you did up to a certain point, forgot how many days it was... I think it was a weak. But overall it's hard to screw up that aspect of the game unintentionally.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It has more to do with which Persona you have and how you fused them than your level... although, of course, your level influences whether or not you get the SUPER MEGA ULTRA Persona that can wreck the game balance. :lol

ultron87

RiderKairuu said:
What level should I be by the final boss? I'm at 11/24 right now and my party is 69-70

If you have a Trumpeter you can just cast debilitate on the boss and laugh heartily as you win.

If not, you should probably make a Trumpeter.

Silh

ultron87 said:
Hmm, simple Googling has failed me here. Weird that she'd take them down entirely.
She's just changing links around on her site. They'll be back eventually.

On that note, she posted the last two pages of the P4 comic before she decided to stop working on it. Spoilers ahead. The first page went kaput due to bandwidth though. She also posted a link to the original comic she started working on.

-GOUKI-

Okay finally tried this game. Super fun but....how do you make Teddy STFU?!??!

"GREAT JOB SENSSSSEEEIII!!!"

"ARE YOU ALRIGHT SENSEI??? SOMEONE HEAAAALLL HIM!!!"

Rage-Guy-Face.png

-GOUKI- said:
Okay finally tried this game. Super fun but....how do you make Teddy STFU?!??!

"GREAT JOB SENSSSSEEEIII!!!"

"ARE YOU ALRIGHT SENSEI??? SOMEONE HEAAAALLL HIM!!!"

Ahahahahaha. Yeah, you're gonna have to live with that. Or mute the game when in battle? But then again you won't be able to listen to the awesome music

Silh

I never understood how some people could be annoyed by Teddie
to the point where they'd keep him out of the party
. He's more endearing, if anything.

Just hang in there.
He stops being support midway through.

Persona7

Banned
The only time teddie was annoying was when he wouldn't stop saying 'WOO HOOO CHIE-CHAN" constantly even when chie wasn't doing anything

I think it was just a glitch though

Persona7 said:
The only time teddie was annoying was when he wouldn't stop saying 'WOO HOOO CHIE-CHAN" constantly even when chie wasn't doing anything

I think it was just a glitch though

I remember specifically one pack of enemies in Yukiko's dungeon that were weak to ice, about 5 of them. Chie'd bust the Bufu out on them as she hadn't learned Mabufu. Same...line...five...times...

*insert 'GRIN AND BEAR IT' here*

-GOUKI-

Im having a wierd issue. My Slim has 6 skills but i can only seem to use 4 of them. It says i have resist physical as his 5th skill but it doesnt show up in battle :/

-GOUKI- said:
Im having a wierd issue. My Slim has 6 skills but i can only seem to use 4 of them. It says i have resist physical as his 5th skill but it doesnt show up in battle :/

Resist Physical is a passive skill, it is always on as long as that specific Persona is equipped.

Fimbulvetr said:
I forget, but there should be a way.
Typically, most of the more obvious passive skills are Resist/Reflect/Absorb _______. There are others, but those are usually tacked onto high-level Persona, and are things like Regen HP.

P90

-GOUKI- said:
then leveling ur character is half of your stats? the other half is the persona junctioned on to you?

Yes. Your items and other equipment can affect your stats as well.

-GOUKI-

You guys are going to slap me for this but im one of the people whose only jrpg that i have played fully are Final Fantasy games. Stupid ps2 broke.

I finally got pcx2 recently and persona's my first stop.

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
Innocent Sin is amazing. I haven't finished it yet, but I'm planning on it. Definitely wait for the PSP versions though.

-GOUKI- said:
You guys are going to slap me for this but im one of the people whose only jrpg that i have played fully are Final Fantasy games. Stupid ps2 broke.

Good man, a door to greatness has been opened to you.

you guys should play persona 2, really.

I plan on it, but I've heard alot of talk about tedious battles, and I am VERY spoiled by post-Press Turn Megaten battle systems.

P90

-GOUKI- said:

Be prepared for tougher and, IMO, much, much better games. enjoy!

Top Bottom