• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
The postive voice acting comments are heartening. Those webisodes of Atlus's did not paint a pretty picture for some characters coughChiecough

kiryogi

Banned
Kappei is probably one of the top acts in p4. I thought I'd hate Kuma at first, but after finishing P4. He's one of the best characters. Of course with Kappei's great acting.

Shouta

Duck Amuck said:
Question: How often are we going to have to go through this?

It's the standard lol. It's a part of the story so you kind of get used to it. I will say that this is just a small annoyance with my bigger issue in regards to the story.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
hidepsyence said:
Guys, i'm thinking about doing a bad bad thing
downloading the game while i wait for it to arrive from vgplus
Am i really a bad guy? ;_;

Yes, you are. You shouldn't even be talking of such things here.

Oh shit, i'm sorry guys i didn't know it was forbidden to even say it (i obviously know that you can't post link or something), i'll edit the post, but i understand the incoming ban ; \

awesome game.
i was able to beat the first boss the second try, it wasnt as hard as everyone said (my character was lvl 17 tho so abit easier).
but the first "huge" shadow that appeared in the castle, after defeating the first boss, owned me badly, when the rampage skill's casted by him - bye bye game over. probably i need to equip a persona that has a physical defense skill or something.

Kevtones

The intro stuff feels like a long prologue. I love it though, its sort of calm before the shit gets real. As a P3 vet, I'm in love already :D

TimeKillr

Prime crotch said:
So, Canada doesn't has the game yet or something? My order still hasn't even shipped.

Well as I said earlier, Amazon.ca is expecting it on friday :( VGPlus had it marked for yesterday and now it's marked for today, so who knows?

Tamanon

Banned
HalfwayOrb said:
awesome game.
i was able to beat the first boss the second try, it wasnt as hard as everyone said (my character was lvl 17 tho so abit easier).
but the first "huge" shadow that appeared in the castle, after defeating the first boss, owned me badly, when the rampage skill's casted by him - bye bye game over. probably i need to equip a persona that has a physical defense skill or something.

Yeah,
I can only think that I have to level some more, because no matter how strong my persona is, him hitting the entire party for ~240 is way too much to power through. Although I do like the weapon you get from Yosuke's dungeon when you go back there(+40 SP).

Blackjack

Tamanon said:
Yeah,
I can only think that I have to level some more, because no matter how strong my persona is, him hitting the entire party for ~240 is way too much to power through. Although I do like the weapon you get from Yosuke's dungeon when you go back there(+40 SP).
Around level 20 or so should be good. Use Eligor since it resists Physical. Get Tarunda and Rakukaja for even lower damage.

Tamanon said:
Yeah,

i finally beat him. how? probably luck. he got hit critically alot, dizzy once, so he was down alot during the battle, no rampage.

holy shit at kanji, fuckin hilarious.

I played for a good five or six hours last night. I made it to
the Chie boss fight. I'm enjoying the game right now.
The only thing that is bugging me about the game is the motion blur that characters get during some of the more important scenes. That stuff messes with my head.

I don't get the motion blur when just playing the game, such as when I'm running around town or the quick convos. But when the game goes in scene, such as at the
crime scenes
the motion blur that follows the characters arms and legs is a bit headache inducing.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm enjoying the fact that the S. Links interact a lot more with you and with each other. I think it's great that I can spend a Sunday with Yosuke and he'll randomly call the Sports guys along. Then you end up bringing Nanako with you and everyone interacts. It really feels less isolated with each S-link. They're all one small town.

Plus, Nanako/Chie hijinx = :lol

bryehn

Officially coming to Europe via S-E...

SQUARE ENIX ANNOUNCES PERSONA 4 FOR EUROPE AND PAL TERRITORIES

London (10th December 2008) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces that Atlus's Persona™ 4 will be released across PAL territories in Spring 2009, exclusively on the Sony PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system.

Persona 4 is a gripping new chapter in the ultra-cool Persona universe. Integrating dungeon crawler gameplay with an innovative social simulation element, Persona 4 delivers an all-new story set in the Japanese countryside. A sequence of mysterious deaths hits your town and only you and your team of gifted supernatural detectives can uncover the truth. Will you frustrate this hidden evil's plans before it is too late?

John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, "Persona 4 epitomises Square Enix's commitment to bringing the best gaming experiences to the European market. This new instalment in the highly anticipated Persona series is the perfect example of an exciting new experience and how the PlayStation 2 still has a lot to offer."

Volcynika

Tamanon said:
I'm enjoying the fact that the S. Links interact a lot more with you and with each other. I think it's great that I can spend a Sunday with Yosuke and he'll randomly call the Sports guys along. Then you end up bringing Nanako with you and everyone interacts. It really feels less isolated with each S-link. They're all one small town.

Plus, Nanako/Chie hijinx = :lol

That's pretty awesome!

Wilsongt

crowphoenix said:
I don't get the motion blur when just playing the game, such as when I'm running around town or the quick convos. But when the game goes in scene, such as at the
crime scenes
the motion blur that follows the characters arms and legs is a bit headache inducing.

Okay, good. So I am not the only one who was noticing this. I thought it was the fact I was playing on an HDTV.

TheExodu5

Banned
Haven't seen P4 yet (waiting on my shipment), but if it's like Nocturne's motion blur, you get used to it. Of course, Nocturne had fantastic art and visuals on top of that, while Persona 3 did not...I'm not sure where P4 stands.

Yaweee

In between the first dungeon and the next, and so far I love all of the subtle gameplay changes.

-The changes to the battle system are all great. 'Large enemies', changes to knock down, and Guard add a ton of strategy that wasn't present in P3, and the first major boss battle on Expert is a more interesting and better designed fight than anything that was in FES.
-I like how shadows behave on the map screen. Instead of just sneaking into their 'back cone' and whacking them before they see you, the shadows will now always notice you, at least on Expert. However, their turning radius makes it a bit of a panic to close the rest of the distance and whack them in their rears before they turn around and strike back.
-Loading is shorter, menus are snappier, but I would still have liked there to be fewer loads. The school is divided into so many screens that it is kind of annoying to explore
-Cinematography and blocking. Far more attention has been paid to the positioning of the camera and what the characters are doing during the scenes.

And on the other hand...
-I'm not quite sure I like how much you have to sacrifice to spend a day exploring. I liked the whole 'tired' concept from P3, but was disappointed how little it mattered beyond the first two months.
-If you accept an invitation on Sunday, can you not
check the home shopping channel? That always struck me as unfathomably retarded in P3
-Not enough songs. Seriously, why do the Final Fantasies have twice as many songs in games that are 1/3rd as long? In theory, longer game should = more tracks, but Atlus disagrees.
-None of the S. Links have me intrigued so far, but I haven't gotten past rank 2 on any of them. There isn't really any semblance of conflict so far except with the Drama girl. Fuuuuuuck, this game is going to take me a long time.

Tamanon

Banned
The only question I have is, when do you get the ability to have more personas? I'm level 17 in May and still only have 6 slots.

Volcynika

Tamanon said:
The only question I have is, when do you get the ability to have more personas? I'm level 17 in May and still only have 6 slots.

Didn't they up the limit on P3 every 10 levels or something?

Tamanon

Banned
Volcynika said:
Didn't they up the limit on P3 every 10 levels or something?

Yah, they did, but I'm still at the 6 you start with. Maybe it'll be 20 levels, we'll see.

Kanji is cracking me up though.:lol :lol :lol

vilmer_

Just called up my eb games here (Canada) to ask about the game again, and they said they weren't sure, as they haven't opened up their "boxes" yet! COME ON!

Tenks

And I know Teddie told me not to on the first page of the artbook but I couldn't resist. That thing is chock full of spoilers.

Picked up the game with the strat guide from gamestop. Too bad I'm at work ;( and no ps2!!! [or ps3] May just go buy a ps2 after work. unsure. Do want to have something to do during this christmas break ;3

Katana_Strikes said:
I hope I get the artbook. I've had it pre-ordered for a few months now!

I was so worried about that, mainly because I had to cancel/re-order a few times because I had to add promotional credit on Amazon. :(

Top Bottom