• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Tenks

Apharmd Battler said:
I wish I had more free time, otherwise, this would be an instant purchase. :(

I'd get it now, just in case. P3:FES is still fairly easy to find but P3 got pretty hard to find pretty quick. I'm sure they printed alot more copies of P4 than P3 though.

Tenks said:
I'd get it now, just in case. P3:FES is still fairly easy to find but P3 got pretty hard to find pretty quick. I'm sure they printed alot more copies of P4 than P3 though.

Honestly, most Atlus games are slowly becoming easier and easier to find. I think P4 will be relatively easy to find for a while, especially after FES was pretty popular.

ampere

Can you control the other party members this time around?
My copy is probably sitting at my house, but I have to finish finals before I can head home .___.

ciaossu said:
My copy is probably sitting at my house, but I have to finish finals before I can head home .___.

I know what you mean. My copy's gonna be at my house by this afternoon, and there's that part of me that REALLY REALLY REALLY wants to go get it (I'm only around an hour away from school) because I'm done with finals but I don't get to go home until Friday. :(

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Tenks said:
P3 is the only Atlus game in recent memory that became hard to obtain, and imo that's because they knew they were going to release FES so they didn't bother with multiple print runs. I wouldn't worry at all about getting ahold of Atlus games these days.

How many of them were on sale at Amazon on Black Friday? I know there was Etrian Odyssey 1 and 2, Eternal Poison, and Arcana Heart at least.

Tenks

Monroeski said:
P3 is the only Atlus game in recent memory that became hard to obtain, and imo that's because they knew they were going to release FES so they didn't bother with multiple print runs. I wouldn't worry at all about getting ahold of Atlus games these days.

How many of them were on sale at Amazon on Black Friday? I know there was Etrian Odyssey 1 and 2, Eternal Poison, and Arcana Heart at least.

Finding Atlus games that aren't rated in the top10 for metacritic or widely considered to be some of the best of their genre are easy to find, yes.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
ciaossu said:
Yes. Wait, you bought it without knowing that? Well, I guess it wasn't a dealbreaker for you then.

Monroeski said:

DDS was kind of hard to find, and devil summoner, and the original nocture with the soundtrack is impossible to come by nowadays.... especially wince they reshipped nocturne with just the game... i dunno of many other atlus games aside from SMT series...

if i remember i just got lucky because they had one copy left of DDS2 and i had the DDS boxset thing with the slot open for DDS2... and i just happen to see it as i was walking through

persona 4 hasn't been shipped to the ebgames here either or something like that... so i have to wait till tomorrow...

is everyone getting artwork books? because that's the main reason i pre-ordered this...

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Tenks said:
Finding Atlus games that aren't rated in the top10 for metacritic or widely considered to be some of the best of their genre are easy to find, yes.

dustytruly said:
DDS was kind of hard to find, and devil summoner, and the original nocture with the soundtrack is impossible to come by nowadays.... especially wince they reshipped nocturne with just the game... i dunno of many other atlus games aside from SMT series...

if i remember i just got lucky because they had one copy left of DDS2 and i had the DDS boxset thing with the slot open for DDS2... and i just happen to see it as i was walking through

persona 4 hasn't been shipped to the ebgames here either or something like that... so i have to wait till tomorrow...

is everyone getting artwork books? because that's the main reason i pre-ordered this...
I should have specified that I meant recent Atlus games. Nothing I can think of in the last couple of years has been hard to find at all (except, as aforementioned, P3 though P3:FES is easy). Even given that, though, stuff like Nocturne and DDS have been reprinted multiple times. Nocturne may not have the soundtrack, but that's virtually complaining that a collector's edition hasn't been reprinted even though you can still find the game. You can basically find Disgaea in cracker jack boxes these days. Rondo of Swords is cheap.

You can buy DDS and Nocturne new on Amazon RIGHT NOW, and DDS2 and Devil Summoner used for decent prices. I can generally put any of those titles you mention into the game finder on Gamestop.com and come up with multiple local hits. The Atlus market these days is nothing like the days of old when games would hit $80 just a few months after release and stay rare forever.

All just games off the top of my head, of course. I'm sure they've put out some random super J-style game recently that is hard to find, but nothing springs to mind.

aasoncott

Harumph. Went in to EB yesterday to pick it up, was told it was delayed and that it'll be in tomorrow. So, I was going to pick it up on my lunch break today. I called ahead. Nope, still don't have it.

What's the point of a release date if stores don't have it yet? The same thing happened with Mirror's Edge -- went in on the release date, was told to come back tomorrow. Oh, and LittleBigPlanet -- not in, try tomorrow.

Volcynika said:
Should I pick up the strat guide or not...decisions!
i was JUST about to say this...

i'm kind of a whore for strategy guides and then never use them... they just look nice...

but i remember being frustrated half the time in persona 3: FES with elizabeth's quests, especially the persona creation ones which i think a strat. guide could've helped me with

ampere

drtomoe123 said:
I know what you mean. My copy's gonna be at my house by this afternoon, and there's that part of me that REALLY REALLY REALLY wants to go get it (I'm only around an hour away from school) because I'm done with finals but I don't get to go home until Friday. :(
I'm that close to home too. But I have a really difficult final on friday at 3pm ><

Costanza said:
Yep. You just have to set them to Direct Commands in Tactics.
Fuckin' A!

jooey said:
Yes. Wait, you bought it without knowing that? Well, I guess it wasn't a dealbreaker for you then.
It used to annoy me sometimes in P3, but I got over it. Figured I enjoyed the first one enough that it wouldn't bother me too much if they didn't add it.

aasoncott said:
Harumph. Went in to EB yesterday to pick it up, was told it was delayed and that it'll be in tomorrow. So, I was going to pick it up on my lunch break today. I called ahead. Nope, still don't have it.

What's the point of a release date if stores don't have it yet? The same thing happened with Mirror's Edge -- went in on the release date, was told to come back tomorrow. Oh, and LittleBigPlanet -- not in, try tomorrow.

All the games you mentioned don't have release dates (except LBP but that is another story) they have ship dates. It is the big problem with the gaming industry. Lack of a proper release date (in store date) for most games.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Hmm, played it for 4 hours last night. Not all 4 hours were concentrated playing. I would get distracted and check the 'net or eat munchies or drink beer and around 1am, I fell asleep for an hour before waking up at 2am and STILL I was in the "intro" sequence.

Finally played it till 3am before I could basically press triangle and access the options menu, etc. Anyway, saved there.

Interesting RPG. Really strange design choices (aesthetically) and some of the ambience-killing anime-synth loop BGMs simply do not work in certain scenes. Really not feeling Jiraiya's frog riding 3D model thing that I fought. Kinda wacky.

And through all that time, I only fought 3 tutorial battles. :lol

The thing is, the story is still intriguing, I like the characters, and the little taste of combat so far feels addictive (if not stressful, sheesh I can see that I better stock up on medicine and SP replenishers). Can't wait to get back into it tonight.

Damn this sucks the gamecrazy I pre-orded this at still does not have it. I doubt they are going to get any more shipments in today. While the gamestop down the street has two more copies but I get not no artbook. Is the artbook really worth it?

Tamanon

Banned
Goddammit. I kept thinking "Did I save before coming back?" in the second dungeon.....I thought I did.....

Beat the miniboss, made it to level 10 of it and was jumped when I mistimed a golf club swing. There goes 6 levels and a good amount of persona fusing.:lol

<3 <3 <3 Chie's follow-up attack.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Volcynika said:
Psh. Tell them you have more important things to do, by summoning creatures deep within your psyche to fight evil!

Haha. You don't know how tempted I am to buy a PS2 slim to cart around.

Volcynika

drtomoe123 said:
I'm going home tonight to "take back some stuff so I don't have so much stuff to carry back on Friday."

YEAHHH! PERSONA 4 TONITE!

:lol

Good plan!

One time I drove an hour home to pick up Resident Evil 4 that I reserved, then drove an hour back to school to play it. That trip was damn worth it.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
This game is like ingesting virtual crack.

Again.

Maybe this is a spoiler, I dunno, but is there a way to regain health/sp inside the dungeons now that you don't automatically get it back?

Tamanon

Banned
Metroidvania said:

Again.

Maybe this is a spoiler, I dunno, but is there a way to regain health/sp inside the dungeons now that you don't automatically get it back?

In May you get a way, but it's expensive.

kiryogi

Banned
Metroidvania said:

Again.

the fox will restore your sp... At a price :lol: Start raising that hermit commu!

Well it doesn't matter anymore. Supposedly Game Crazy sold out of all their copies. Which is funny because I called about 20 mins before and they said they hadn't received any copies yet. They said they may receive another shipment soon(which is doubtful) and that doesn't help me as I go back home on Saturday. I also can't take my money back as I used credit which sucks because Gamestop down the street has copies. They also don't have anymore of the pre-order bounus. So looks like I'm fucked. I wont be getting Persona 4.

Guled said:
Why do Canadians always get screwed?

We had Valkyria Chronicles almost a week early I believe. We get our breaks sometimes.
Oh well, more time for me to play P3... I'm only five hours in. :lol

Tamanon

Banned
BTW, if you die, watch out for the second intro sequence they play, if you don't want to be spoiled about certain characters and their shadows.

Not that I've died multiple times in the past hour when I keep taking things JUST a bit too far.

Volcynika said:
:lol

Good plan!

One time I drove an hour home to pick up Resident Evil 4 that I reserved, then drove an hour back to school to play it. That trip was damn worth it.

I completely agree with you, this is going to be DAMN WORTH IT!

Augemitbutter said:
VG+ is canadian, so i like to get screwed, and im not even canadian :lol

you guys should buy from them.

I've been to one of the locations once. It is really nice but a little out of the way. If I get desperate I may try them on the weekend for some Persona love but I'm sure they will be sold out by then.

Sallokin

This game has its hooks in me deep. Been sitting at work all day thinking of nothing but getting back into it when I get home. Looking forward to receiving my Social Link Expansion Pack too.

Top Bottom