• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Guled

Augemitbutter said:
VG+ is canadian, so i like to get screwed, and im not even canadian :lol

you guys should buy from them.
I got it from amazon.ca and they are shipping friday
DoctorWho said:
We had Valkyria Chronicles almost a week early I believe. We get our breaks sometimes.
Oh well, more time for me to play P3... I'm only five hours in. :lol
true, not only did I get LBP early, but it was the the recalled version

Risette

A Good Citizen
What are the chances of this becoming rare? I bought P3 and Fes day one and loved them but atm I have literally no money :(
I remember the original P3 becoming hard to find but P3:Fes is still in high supply, correct?

Fyrus said:
What are the chances of this becoming rare? I bought P3 and Fes day one and loved them but atm I have literally no money :(
I remember the original P3 becoming hard to find but P3:Fes is still in high supply, correct?
cooooooooorrect...

i think that the initial copies come with artbooks/soundtracks...

what they like to do is re-release later without the artbooks/soundtracks...

either way... i doubt this will become "rare", not any time soon... especially after the success of P3...

Guled

Duck Amuck said:
Okay I'm trying to get down all of the changes to the stat stuff.

I notice that you can now raise your stat as well as an S link's level at the same time. I decided to study in the library with Chie, thus raising my knowledge stat and her giving way to leveling her up. A really good time saver.

There's also the fridge, which occasionally has old food. Eating it raises your courage.

On rainy days, go to Aiya and pay 3000 yen for their competition. You may not have what it takes to win the competition, but doing this raises a multitude of various stats all at once. Awesome

You can even raise your stats in mid conversation if you pick certain dialogue choices.

I'm in a rush to get Knowledge to Expert level so I can do Margaret's Quests right now.
nice, the more I hear the game keeps getting better and better

Just got back with my art book , pERSona 4 diskette and the strat guide. The strat guide is awesome ! I've never had a DoubleJump guide and by far my favorite guide I've seen. The physical format is quite convenient.

The temptation to play is KILLING me but I've gotta finish my studies.

Just how great is this game?

Mudo

I bought P3 and FES and have played it a good amount ( ~30 hours ) and I really like it, but find it hard to keep picking up because the repitition combined with the rigidity of everything got to me - is P4 changing that at all, or should I pass on this? My PS3 is sent back for repairs right now so I'll also be playing it on my old 27" CRT lol that should be pretty.

Shouta

Duck Amuck said:
It's definitely a great game and great follow up to my personal favorite ps2 rpg.

Can someone answer my question? When you return to the Castle after defeating the main boss, Teddie says that there's a powerful shadow residing where you fought the boss. Personally, at this point in time, that boss is too powerful for me. My question is, are these secret bosses or what? Do they ever leave until you defeat them or is there a specific amount of time before you have to kill them?

Not required to beat them and they remain there for the entire game as far as I recall.

Costanza

Banned
Duck Amuck said:
I notice that you can now raise your stat as well as an S link's level at the same time. I decided to study in the library with Chie, thus raising my knowledge stat and her giving way to leveling her up. A really good time saver.
Where can I start leveling up my S-Link with Chie? I looked around the school but couldn't find her.

Tamanon

Banned
But I think it's better to beat them whenever you can for the gear they're guarding and the Courage boost.

Chie's only there on certain days, and most of the team members don't tend to show up if you're in the middle of a rescue operation. Also check the roof, she hangs out there!

Mudo said:
I bought P3 and FES and have played it a good amount ( ~30 hours ) and I really like it, but find it hard to keep picking up because the repitition combined with the rigidity of everything got to me - is P4 changing that at all, or should I pass on this? My PS3 is sent back for repairs right now so I'll also be playing it on my old 27" CRT lol that should be pretty.

P4 has taken the system/gameplay of P3 and tweaked it, added new things and gave it some more flavor. You'll be happy to know that the dungeons in P4 are smaller, more personalized and thematic in terms of the situation. So I would say, if you love the SMT/Persona universe, want some great RPG action (one time for your mind) then buy P4. The glaring GAF impressions/reviews should be enough to sway ya!

Mudo

Yeah I think it was the dungeon. It was alright but after awhile was too much of the same. I guess from what I've read in reviews the game is a bit more open ended but I wanted to see if people actually playing it (who also played P3) find it less rigid

I got my game + artbook a few hours ago and I'm still working my way through the intro as I type this. A couple of initial thoughts:

- I LOVE the characters. Honestly, I was a little worried from just seeing their designs that they wouldn't be as appealing as the cast of P3, but so far both Chie and Yosuke are all kinds of awesome.
"Critical hit to the nads!"
is a better line then anything Junpei ever said the entire game.

- This game looks great for a PS2 game. Definitely an improvement over P3 in this area as well, I love all the new camera angles and the television static effects.

- The animated cutscenes are absolutely gorgeous.

Back to playing, but so far I'm finding myself loving it even more then I thought and that alone is blowing my mind.

Gamerama in Toronto just got it in about an hour ago. They are charging $49.99 for it though. It comes with some "Visual Data" book. Is this the artbook everyone is talking about?

Guled

DoctorWho said:
Gamerama in Toronto just got it in about an hour ago. They are charging $49.99 for it though. It comes with some "Visual Data" book. Is this the artbook everyone is talking about?
ya, but I think you better off waiting until tomorrow instead of paying them 10$ extra

Tamanon

Banned
Ya, that's the artbook.

Made it back to level 7 of the second dungeon before pausing for food. Really loving how much everything in this game, and I mean everything intertwines. S. Links/Stats/Combat/Personas/Storyline.

Kevtones

God I am not there yet with some of the new mechanics. Timing my sword to hit incoming shadows is not happening yet. They always get the initiative :( Think I'm just used to P3. Also, the new card choosing mini-game is hard. I'm 0/1 with a penalty card :lol

Loving the game though. Even better music btw.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Question on the boss of the castle....

Do you get anything special/extra for beating the charming prince?

Tamanon

Banned
Metroidvania said:
Question on the boss of the castle....

Do you get anything special/extra for beating the charming prince?

I didn't even realize you COULD beat that boss without killing the prince.So I dunno about anything special.

Guled said:
ya, but I think you better off waiting until tomorrow instead of paying them 10$ extra

Videogamesplus is charging $44.99. Amazon.ca is charging $35.99 so the pricing is all over the place. Do we know how much EB is selling it for in Canada?

Guled

DoctorWho said:
Videogamesplus is charging $44.99. Amazon.ca is charging $35.99 so the pricing is all over the place. Do we know how much EB is selling it for in Canada?
the regular price is 40$, it might be a little more in Canada because our dollar is shit now, but I think you should call them to make sure

NichM

Banned
Duck Amuck said:
Since my character's name is Ryo Hazuki...there ARE sailors in this game, right?

No, but you can live out your Ryo fantasies by collecting gewgaws and arranging them on the shelf in your room. And when you train with Chie during her Social Link events, you can pretend you're preparing yourself to defeat Lan Di.

Guled

Septimus said:
So they'll have the preorder copies in tomorrow in Toronto? Any Canadian EB employees post here? lol
some stores in Toronto got there copies tonight, so I guess tomorrow sounds good for eb games

TheOddOne

28uujs.gif
2qi04f6.gif
52hzyd.gif

Here's some gifs people might like. I'm not gonna put one on until its released in Europe.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Here's my battle plan.
I'm gonna finish up Resistance 2 and The Witcher.
Then I'm gonna install Persona 3 FES on my PS2.
I'm going to play the shit out of that game.

Hopefully, by this time next year, I'll be bumping this thread to talk about my Persona 4 adventures.

ampere

TheOddOne said:
28uujs.gif
2qi04f6.gif
52hzyd.gif

Here's some gifs people might like. I'm not gonna put one on until its released in Europe.
Aw man... I'd use one of these if I hadn't lost my avatar privileges...
Maybe I could bribe the mods with candy :3

Top Bottom