• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Kevtones

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Ok holy crap/shit:
I'm not far, trying to
rescue Yukiko
because I decided to restart and change up my procedure. I'm reading in the DJ guide to defeat the first boss I should TRIANGLE fuse a lvl. 7 Ukobach and lvl. 7 Slime with an Angel to create an Archangel which inherits resist fire, physical, red wall...

When I go into the triangle fusion menu I absolutely cannot get this combination to even create an Archangel? Must be I don't quite understand this fusion setup...

Anyone offer some advice? Thanks

I had the same issue and ended up skipping ever doing that. I think its a legitimate typo :(

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
so I talked to the police to get a clue about
Naoto
but it seems I have to search some more? I'm stuck here, someone help me!

epmode

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Ok holy crap/shit:
I'm not far, trying to
rescue Yukiko
because I decided to restart and change up my procedure. I'm reading in the DJ guide to defeat the first boss I should TRIANGLE fuse a lvl. 7 Ukobach and lvl. 7 Slime with an Angel to create an Archangel which inherits resist fire, physical, red wall...

When I go into the triangle fusion menu I absolutely cannot get this combination to even create an Archangel? Must be I don't quite understand this fusion setup...

I'm pretty sure that advice is incorrect. I tried it myself.

I've made an Archangel since then (I forget how) but I didn't use it for that boss fight.

edit: TOO LATE

Kevtones said:
I had the same issue and ended up skipping ever doing that. I think its a legitimate typo :(

It's gotta be...I have noticed a lot of typos/repeated blocks of text in the guide, which is fine because I'm aware of their deadline... So I guess I'll pass it off as a typo.

Any suggestions otherwise for this boss? I still have one day until deadline and well-off in terms of leveling but any tips would be appreciated.

Tamanon

Banned
Error said:
so I talked to the police to get a clue about
Naoto
but it seems I have to search some more? I'm stuck here, someone help me!

It's a two-day affair, you have to come back again the next day.

Blackjack

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
It's gotta be...I have noticed a lot of typos/repeated blocks of text in the guide, which is fine because I'm aware of their deadline... So I guess I'll pass it off as a typo.

Any suggestions otherwise for this boss? I still have one day until deadline and well-off in terms of leveling but any tips would be appreciated.
Make an Eligor with Resist Fire and Media.

As for strategies:
Have Chie Tarukaja herself. When Yukiko summons her helper, have Chie use Bufu (NOT Mabufu) on it to down it, then Bufu it again to Faint it so it loses a turn. Yosuke and MC focus on the Prince as well healing as needed. After that, just whittle down the boss, having Chie guard every turn when it starts using the fire skill

Kevtones

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:

I had difficulty with it and I think I cleared at the same suggested level as in the guide. I used slime for the majority (its strong against physical and it has the Red Wall skill which you need to use on Chie). It was a long fight, just make sure you've got decent items to go along with healing stuff. I really can't recall my method to clearly but I remember the secret boss on that dungeon being even more difficult :(

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Ok holy crap/shit:
I'm not far, trying to rescue Yukiko because I decided to restart and change up my procedure. I'm reading in the DJ guide to defeat the first boss I should TRIANGLE fuse a lvl. 7 Ukobach and lvl. 7 Slime with an Angel to create an Archangel which inherits resist fire, physical, red wall...

Triangle spreads are a little tricky. Here is how it works.

Step 1: Persona 1 + Persona 2 = Intermediate Persona
Step 2: Intermediate Persona + Persona 3 = Result Persona

Persona 3 is the one with the highest actual level (not base level). Since there is a tie between Slime and Ukobach. The tiebreaker belongs to the persona with the lowest arcana level (Fool = 0, Magician = 1 etc.)

Slime is Chariot, while Ukoback is devil. Since Chariot is lower then Devil, Slime is Persona 3.

Devil + Justice = Magician
Magician + Chariot = Emperor.

This is not what you want. What you want is this.

Chariot + Justice = Temperance
Temperance + Devil = Justice.

In order for this to happen, you need the Devil (Ukoback) to be a higher level than Chariot (Slime).

EDIT: The error could also be with angel. What level is it?

frostythecat said:
EDIT: The error could also be with angel. What level is it?

Thanks for that breakdown; a lot clearer than the guide tbh. The angel is a lvl. 4 - I guess it'll take some tinkering for me to figure out this system...

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Thanks for that breakdown; a lot clearer than the guide tbh. The angel is a lvl. 4 - I guess it'll take some tinkering for me to figure out this system...

I think I got it correct. I believe the system is the same as it was in Persona 3. If it is, that fusion should work (as long as Devil has the highest level).

Slime has base level 2
Ukobach has base level 3
Angel has base level 4.

The resulting persona (in a triangle fusion ) should be the first persona whose base level exceeds the average of the base levels (rounded down) + 5.

So (2 + 3 + 4) / 3 = 3
3 + 5 = 8

Which makes the resulting persona Archangel (or Slyph if Slime is higher).

frostythecat said:
I think I got it correct. I believe the system is the same as it was in Persona 3. If it is, that fusion should work (as long as Devil has the highest level).

Slime has base level 2
Ukobach has base level 3
Angel has base level 4.

The resulting persona (in a triangle fusion ) should be the first persona whose base level exceeds the average of the base levels (rounded down) + 5.

So (2 + 3 + 4) / 3 = 3
3 + 5 = 8

Which makes the resulting persona Archangel.

Alright that's awesome...I'll have to check it when I'm done grinding...I'm going to lvl. up Devil once more, and I did lvl. up Angel to 5...Now will this Archangel inherit all the skills like resist physical, red wall, etc...?

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Alright that's awesome...I'll have to check it when I'm done grinding...I'm going to lvl. up Devil once more, and I did lvl. up Angel to 5...Now will this Archangel inherit all the skills like resist physical, red wall, etc...?

Not really. The amount of skills that a persona inherits is dependent on the number of unique skills of all the persona that was used in the fusion.

It can be anywhere from 1-5. From there you will have to reselect your persona until it gets the skills you desire. Also, each persona is more or less likely to inherit certain types of skills.

frostythecat said:
Not really. The amount of skills that a persona inherits is dependent on the number of unique skills of all the persona that was used in the fusion.

It can be anywhere from 1-5. From there you will have to reselect your persona until it gets the skills you desire. Also, each persona is more or less likely to inherit certain types of skills.

Ahhhh, didn't realize that...that makes sense then.

Thanks for the explanation and the help. I'm gonna fuse this shit right about now!

EDIT: Well I finally got Resist Fire and Red Wall together, and I'll level it to get Media so that's that. Thanks for the help again!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I've been grinding for a long time now. Just cause it's fun. I'm level 22 now in the second dungeon. I took down the midboss in like 3 turns. Mmmmm so fun overleveled. I need to go back and do the first optional boss.

I finished the 2nd dungeon, everyone was level 17, and wow was the boss hard. Everybody had like 20-30 HP left at the end and no SP. At the end I had run out of SP and the boss had a sliver left and on the very last turn before I knew a Burn to Ashes was coming I was able to kill it. I could not have gotten more lucky.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Am I the only one that sees the GAF logo on the back of Chie's jacket? It kinda makes me laugh everytime.:lol

zoku88

Whoa at the school trip to the island

For some reason, I was not expecting to go to that high school. XD Chihiro is sure different. Took me a while to notice the change of music, lol

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
zoku88 said:
Whoa at the school trip to the island

For some reason, I was not expecting to go to that high school. XD Chihiro is sure different
sadly that was spoiled by famitsu way back. :mad:

Unknown Soldier said:
I finished the 2nd dungeon, everyone was level 17, and wow was the boss hard. Everybody had like 20-30 HP left at the end and no SP. At the end I had run out of SP and the boss had a sliver left and on the very last turn before I knew a Burn to Ashes was coming I was able to kill it. I could not have gotten more lucky.

Wow, Level 17? I had everyone at Level 25 and I found the fight to be pretty intense. I can't imagine going beating it at a lower level.

HOLY SHIT! " The Killer" spoilers ahoy!

It was fucking Namatame this whole time? There goes my Adachi hunch. :/ I so wanted to slap the MC in the police station when Naoto asked if I knew of anything that would help identify the killer. HELLO! Shady as fuck delivery man.

Gotta admit though, I wasn't expecting poor Nanako chan to be a victim. :( It sucks that I hear this game ends in December. Since I don't think the dungeon is a month long, I have a feeling there's one more twist to be had.

I fucking love this game. Glad I didn't spoiler the plot at all like I did for P3.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
I'm level 34 and just finished the third dungeon a little bit ago.

I just got my first Persona with Victory Cry.

Is that, uh. . . normal?

KuwabaraTheMan said:
Wow, Level 17? I had everyone at Level 25 and I found the fight to be pretty intense. I can't imagine going beating it at a lower level.

Sorry, I just realized reading a few pages back the first time you're inside the TV doesn't count as the first dungeon. So I guess I actually beat the first dungeon with everyone at level 17.

But I did go back and beat the optional boss in the first dungeon with everyone at level 18, except
Yukiko
who was only 16. At the very end the optional boss had a sliver of life left when he did his Rampage and everyone except the MC died, and the MC had 26 HP left, then I did one last Zio to kill him. Damn, now that was really awesome.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Started yesterday, played only to the first boss and had to go sleep. Funny how big prologues usually bother me these days but Persona 4 gets a free pass.

Teddy is surpringly fun and I lol'd so hard at that Mr. Morooka. :lol Anyway, liked everything and everyone for now. Can't wait to actually play a dungeon and dive into the S. Links, wish I didn't have to work today.

Kevtones

I've got to say, after beating the second real dungeon, I'm genuinely interested in the next target and even more interested in the story. I almost wish progression was faster just so I could solve this tale :D

Love this game so much.

Blackjack

Just finished, with the True Ending. Amazing game, great ending. HORRIBLE last boss, though. So fucking easy.
I don't know if I got lucky or what, but its attacks connected less than half the time, even BEFORE Sukukaja and Sukunda
:lol

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
oh my god i hate my friggin country :(

every time im about to finish a dungeon the god damn electricity goes out .. i mean come on !!

YuriLowell said:
Does anyone know where to find the clue for
Rise
?
Talk to
the old lady in the tofu shop, and then find the photographer on the flood plains the next day(or some day, but not the first day the game asks).

firex

FSLink said:
Really? I wouldn't say Hermit is useless...maybe because I rely a lot on the map. Plus, getting it face up can make it easy to rush to the last level, save, and then grind faster with the stronger enemies.
It sucks if you explore and look for treasure, because you have to uncover the map anyway. I haven't even gotten a reversed Hermit yet, but whenever I draw it, I don't care how it goes.

edit: unrelated, but I'm pretty sure I put myself on Yukiko's friend list instead of her boyfriend list.
rank 7 event of her s. link, I said "That's ok" instead of the other option when she got all embarrassed about the people at the inn thinking I was her boyfriend.

Not that it matters, I'm going to hook the main character up with another girl and the whole two-timing/fuck every girl at school and leave them for the next felt weird and creepy in P3 (though funny).

jasonng

I'm about ready to restart this game in order to change the difficulty to easy. I wipe so many times on trash mobs that I lose so much progress. I'm currently on the second dungeon and just grinding to level up my guys and wiping before I get to the save point is just frustrating. I don't know what it is, but this game is definitely harder to P3 for me.

Question: I'm currently in Yukiko's dungeon trying to rescue her. From what I understand, I have a limited amount of time to rescue her beofre the fog comes. If I prolong things until the last minute, and grind for as many days as possible before rescuing her, will that affect me negatively? I know that if I don't get her in time the game will end, but assuming I do rescue her before the fog comes is that fine?

Tamanon

Banned
Whoompthereitis said:
Question: I'm currently in Yukiko's dungeon trying to rescue her. From what I understand, I have a limited amount of time to rescue her beofre the fog comes. If I prolong things until the last minute, and grind for as many days as possible before rescuing her, will that affect me negatively? I know that if I don't get her in time the game will end, but assuming I do rescue her before the fog comes is that fine?

Yup, as long as you rescue her before the fog. I rescued her the last day possible personally.

Whoompthereitis said:

IMO, the longer you stretch out your dungeon visits, the less time you have to build up S-Links, and other stat related things.

That is the only negative that I can see.

Yaweee

jasonng said:
I'm about ready to restart this game in order to change the difficulty to easy. I wipe so many times on trash mobs that I lose so much progress. I'm currently on the second dungeon and just grinding to level up my guys and wiping before I get to the save point is just frustrating. I don't know what it is, but this game is definitely harder to P3 for me.

Don't do it! Easy is the same thing as normal, except you get those ten continues for the entire game. You'd waste more time reaching where you are now than you can ever lose from not having those ten continues.

I just accidentally saw that my girlfriend ordered me the Social Link Expansion for Christmas. I was bummed because I've been broke and every time it went up for sale it sold out super quick. I guess my S-Link time spent with her paid off.

Ledsen

Sooooo... I've been playing this game for three nights straight, and I STILL haven't gotten to the proper game :lol :lol :lol
I just beat the second shadow person and I'm like "Okay, intros are cool, but... omg atlus" :lol
P3 had a long intro but it was nowhere near this.

After pushing through the first dungeon I'm enjoying the game A LOT more. However I would like some suggestions on the most resourceful S.Link's to rank up...Which ones are more useful/important than others?

EDIT: Nevermind, got it...

Tamanon

Banned
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
After pushing through the first dungeon I'm enjoying the game A LOT more. However I would like some suggestions on the most resourceful S.Link's to rank up...Which ones are more useful/important than others?

The best ones, IMO are the party member ones and those that also raise stats, like Strength, Sun, Temperance. Storywise, definitely do the Justice and Heirophant ones once they open up, but they're night-time ones so that should be easy to fit in.

epmode

I'm still a while away from the endgame but are any max S-Links absolutely required to get the best ending? If so, which arcana?

Chorazin

jasonng said:

Are you using your physical attacks? I'm noticing a much heavier emphasis towards using them than in P3. I always spammed elemental attacks in P3 and now I mix it up a lot more, and it seems to be working. The only grinding I've done in the first 16 hours was to
Kill the extra boss the second time through Yukiko's castle to get her secret weapon.

News Bot

Banned
I love the game.

Just maxed the Sun arcana, about to max Strength and have level 5 on Yosuke and Yukiko.

I wish the game told you when the S. Links were to show up at the points where you can finally interact with them. It only has the days for the Strength and Sun arcanas. :mad:

ueo119

Banned
Are the crafting items you sell to the metal works guy used in any quests? I just started getting quests from NPCs and was wondering if the quest items are separate category of drops or not.

Tamanon

Banned
YuriLowell said:
Who do you talk to so you can go back and get that wrench for yosuke in the beginning of the game?

To Yosuke:p

And to the next post, the crafting items aren't used in quests, when you get the quests, the mobs drop the quest items.

Top Bottom