• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

What day does the 3rd dungeon open up?

I guess this is what I get for powering through the dungeon in 2 days.
A month of nothing.
This game has the best nothing ever.

Volcynika

chandoog said:
started playing the game finally, i have a question, im in the first castle dungeon, i'm not seeing any option to have my party split up and look for things like they could in P3.

is that feature scrapped or will i get to do that later on ? because that was a real time saver.

also, i was sort of expecting chea to be a little high pitched, you know, the way she looks she should have a more squeakish voice.

No, there is no party split up function.

What day does the 3rd dungeon open up?

Near the end of June. Around the 25th.

Tamanon

Banned
judzya.png

There's a mystery to solve!

Blackjack

12/03

NANAKOOOOO! NOOOOO! D: D: D: D:

Edit: Or not, apparently.

Edit again: Oh, that was the BAD ending, I see now. Well, time to reset!

aku08

i just started playing this game and
i was battling yukiko's shadow last night
. i kept on spamming yosuke's special physical attack (i forgot the name, the names of the spells on this game is ridiculous). and i began to wonder why i always needed to heal him! then i looked closer at all their spells, the physical attacks consumes HP! not SP!. and that was the moment i said, this game is awesome.

Tamanon

Banned
crowphoenix said:
Speaking of which, is the way to get the good ending and bad ending the same type of thing as it was in P3?

It's a little more complex, not really that cut and dry. But you should be able to identify it.

epmode

Unknown Soldier said:
She sounds like she's a 30 year old woman with the English voice. Her Japanese voice is appropriately anime-style high pitched.
Chie is probably the best actor in the bunch. My favorite, anyway.

Squeaky anime-voices can go die.

Blackjack

epmode said:

For real. Although, I will say that Rise is a high pitched voice done right (English Rise. Japanese Rise was deafening).

Honestly, the only voice I'm not that fond of is Naoto's.

I have a question about Kanji's entire S. Link...

I got friend zone'd ='( I wanted to be lovers, dammit! ='( It's just weird because his S. Link seriously had none of the obvious choose-this-to-go-in-an-intimate-relationship choices ='( (well, not obvious to me) I was so excited...and knowing I have to wait another playthrough is kinda depressing ='( I've seen some "gay" choices afterward in the story, though, like in the school festival scene...so maybe I have another shot? ='( I doubt it, though...you only become lovers in S. Links, right? ='(

Can anyone with the guidebook clarify for me? I decided to buy it for this reason (and I'll still buy it anyway if someone answers), but I'm just impatient.

Tamanon

Banned
dragonlife29 said:
I have a question about Kanji's entire S. Link...

I got friend zone'd ='( I wanted to be lovers, dammit! ='( It's just weird because his S. Link seriously had none of the obvious choose-this-to-go-in-an-intimate-relationship choices ='( (well, not obvious to me) I was so excited...and knowing I have to wait another playthrough is kinda depressing ='( I've seen some "gay" choices afterward in the story, though, like in the school festival scene...so maybe I have another shot? ='( I doubt it, though...you only become lovers in S. Links, right? ='(

Can anyone with the guidebook clarify for me? I decided to buy it for this reason (and I'll still buy it anyway if someone answers), but I'm just impatient.

Well....
You can't have a serious relationship with Kanji, only the girls.

Tamanon said:
Well....
You can't have a serious relationship with Kanji, only the girls.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!? Oh, that is some bullshit ='( I thought there was a gay romance possibilty in this game--isn't there? Ugh...*cuts wrists*

Well, thanks for the speedy reply, man!

joelseph

eXistor said:
Just started the game yesterday and went through the intro-stuff (which really sets the mood well btw). I can't really comment on anything yet, but I had ordered the guide along with the game and I just have to ask:

Are all Double Jump guides like this? If so, then I can't imagine going back to other guides. I can't quite vouch for the info on the inside yet, but just the size of the guide (same size and thickness as a dvd case) is just so logical. They also manage to avoid spoilers pretty much altogether.

I don't like the binding method they used on the P3 guide. Pages started falling out of the middle after opening it a few times. Is it the same glue based binding as the P3 guide?

Ok I just got my first fusion accident in any Persona game ever in P4 :lol Seeing Igor's reaction was hilarious. Also got a Persona 5 levels stronger than I am, sweet.

joelseph

Without having to go back through the thread, could someone please explain the weather icons. I understand the sun means it will be sunny. Does the cloud stand for fog? And does the umbrella stand for rain? And what does a day that has sun and clouds mean?

Thanks.

Tamanon

Banned
joelseph said:
Without having to go back through the thread, could someone please explain the weather icons. I understand the sun means it will be sunny. Does the cloud stand for fog? And does the umbrella stand for rain? And what does a day that has sun and clouds mean?

Thanks.

Clouds just means cloudy. Umbrella is rain. Fog is after 2 or 3 days of rain.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Tamanon said:
Clouds just means cloudy. Umbrella is rain. Fog is after 2 or 3 days of rain.
What?! I've been pushing myself to
save Yukiko
in the very first day because I thought that rain & cloud combo on the 21st meant fog :lol

Tetsuo9

Tamanon said:
Out of curiousity, can you do a Second Cycle/New Game+ off the bad ending?
Yes, I got it today, but acording to some guide
there is some content you can't unlock if you didn't unlock the good ending, like some personas and bosses

Sallokin

Finally got my S.Link Expansion Pack delivered. For 30 bucks I couldn't be happier with it. Shirt is a little big, but awesome quality nonetheless and the Side B CD is great.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Oh my fucking god, fuck fuck fuck those tigers in the second dungeon. For the love of god, please tell me what they are weak against.

zoku88

Y2Kev said:
Oh my fucking god, fuck fuck fuck those tigers in the second dungeon. For the love of god, please tell me what they are weak against.
Are you talking about the ones that do Swift Strike?

I don't remember. But they killed my plenty of times... :(

They might be weak against fire, but that may have been some other derivative of them...

TheExodu5

Banned
joelseph said:
I don't like the binding method they used on the P3 guide. Pages started falling out of the middle after opening it a few times. Is it the same glue based binding as the P3 guide?

Oddly enough, I've never had a problem yet with pages falling out. I have the Rogue Galaxy, Disgaea 2, Persona 3, Disgaea 3, and now the Persona 4 guide coming.

I know DoubleJumpPubba said the pages/binding method they used for the Disgaea 2 caused those problems, but the matte pages of newer guides should be fine. Too bad the D2 guides didn't bind properly for some people, because the full color glossy pages look incredible.

Oh, and yes eXistor, DoubleJump guides are fantastic.

george_us

epmode said:

QFT. Truthfully, all of the voice actors do an excellent job but Chie's actress really knocked it out of the park. I also love Yukiko and Youske's VAs.

Y2Kev said:

They are weak against your skill to overcome them!

Honestly though, they are nothing but a cake walk if your guys are high level. I was around 19 when I first started. If the Lions happen to be with a magic hand, take the hand out first.

epmode

Y2Kev said:
If I remember correctly, they're not weak against anything. Status effects (confusion especially) are your friend.

Tamanon

Banned
Y2Kev said:

Skull Cracker is your friend. Confusion really helps there.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I've been using Skull Cracker, but Chie is 1 level from rampage. God I've lost progress like TWICE because of "! enemy" encounters where they come in.

oh and then the stupid reinforcement had an instadeath attack

Tamanon

Banned
I don't get it, they never did too much damage to my characters. Do you have some armor on better than at least your original stuff? If anything, the Magus guys hit a LOT harder and took advantage of weaknesses.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Y2Kev said:
if they don't have a weakness then that means they are very susceptible to status effect spells. try Yosuke's tentarafoo on them, should make those fights a cakewalk.

Y2Kev said:
I've been using Skull Cracker, but Chie is 1 level from rampage. God I've lost progress like TWICE because of "! enemy" encounters where they come in.

oh and then the stupid reinforcement had an instadeath attack

Reinforcements only come when there is another enemy on the map close to you. Best thing to do is just bait one away from the other. If your looking for more EXP and Yen, then forget the bait and bet on luck :p

Top Bottom