• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Blackjack

Ledsen said:
I did that too :( Who looks through an artbook starting from the first page? I just started looking at random pictures and BAM! Spoiler City... They should've put the warning on the cover :(
That'd make the cover even worse than it is now. :lol

2DMention

Banned
I'm giving up on playing my RPG games for a day or two. I got wiped out 2 times in the
void
dungeon, and in Lost Odyssey my party keeps getting wiped at the end of disc three. Time to start watching movies or doing something else.

Blackjack

Holy Order Sol said:
Finally beat that November boss (
Kunino-Sagiri
). Null is good, but Repel is so much better. :)
Haha, I loved that boss. It was completely incapable of doing any damage to me. And then he'd be all "LOL NOW ONE ELEMENT WILL DO 500+ EACH HIT!" And I like to imagine the MC going "Does that work both ways?" "... .... .....yes :(" ":D"

ivysaur12

Banned
Ok, just got the game and rescued the first person.

Holy crap that boss is hard! But the game is much more streamlined, it's seems like there's a lot more to do than in Persona 3. I can't help but keeping going, "Ah, Sosuke's the new Junpei" and "Chie's kind of like Yukari", so hopefully the characters become a bit more fleshed out.

I like the new social links a lot, the characters seem really cool. I get this weird gay vibe from the way Daisuke ignores the girls and wants to hang out with Sasuke, but maybe that's just me.

And Teddie is amazing. Dave Wittenberg does a really fantastic job with his voice. "Is this what scoring a stud is?". I laughed for a really long time.

Overall, I'm enjoying it more than Persona 3. Hopefully it doesn't have a terrible middle like its predecessor did.

Blackjack

wangman31888 said:
major spoiler-ish questions! only read if you have finished the game and are on the way to the true ending!

alrite so i'm in the entrance hall of the tv world on 3/20.... is p4 really gonna end up being almost 30 hours shorter than p3??? i haven't started any of the stuff on the final boss so unless it is ridiculously long it's gonna come up shorter than P3! also, unless there's some sorta suprise for me after this final boss i think it's a little messed up that the total amount of calendar games is a LOT shorter! i only got to max out 3 friggin s. links! i knew i shoulda gotten the strat. guide...
Eh. It all depends on how fast you are and how much optional stuff. It ended up taking me about five hours more than Persona 3 (75, total).

As for the social link stuff...I have NO CLUE what you're talking about, since it is infinitely easier to max links in this one than in Persona 3. I ended my first playthrough with about 9-10 links maxed (and a couple more I could've maxed if I knew beating the December dungeon took you to the end of December). And that's not counting the S.Links that advance automatically, either.

Blackjack said:
Eh. It all depends on how fast you are and how much optional stuff. It ended up taking me about five hours more than Persona 3 (75, total).

As for the social link stuff...I have NO CLUE what you're talking about, since it is infinitely easier to max links in this one than in Persona 3. I ended my first playthrough with about 9-10 links maxed (and a couple more I could've maxed if I knew beating the December dungeon took you to the end of December). And that's not counting the S.Links that advance automatically, either.

yea i guess i was really expecting to have much more time calendar wise, i maxed out my stats (knowledge, etc.) but only got 4 s. links done :(
but this game is def shorter! my final play time ended up being 60 hours, i know it sounds crazy to be annoyed at a 60 hour game but i just loved it so much that i felt it was a bit short

Tamanon

Banned
For the record, Nanako is absolutely my favorite "little kid" character in a game ever. So fleshed out, perfectly cast and even silly scenes like doing magic tricks or hanging out and eating watermelon is so cute without being overbearing.

Blackjack

Tamanon said:
For the record, Nanako is absolutely my favorite "little kid" character in a game ever. So fleshed out, perfectly cast and even silly scenes like doing magic tricks or hanging out and eating watermelon is so cute without being overbearing.
Oh, man, the magic tricks were my favorite, ever. "It went like, ZOOM!"

DiddyBop

yea,like an idiot i flipped through the art book thinking that i wouldn't remember anything i see anyways or know the context of the image,but i think i saw one mini spoiler :(

teddie ends up being a boy in a bear suit or something? i saw a picture of some kid in various uniforms,one of them was him being in teddie,have no idea what it means

Terribly sorry, a quick question and I don't wanna go through the thread in fear of spoilers.

Just got P4 for christmas and am in the first dungeon. Now I've played through P3 and you can move fairly slowly so you can sneak up behind shadows and get the jump on them. In P4 I can only move at a outright run, or a complete crawl that is way to slow to realistically use to sneak up on enemies. So I was wondering if everything is fine, or is my controller busted or something?

Tamanon

Banned
PedroLumpy said:
Terribly sorry, a quick question and I don't wanna go through the thread in fear of spoilers.

Just got P4 for christmas and am in the first dungeon. Now I've played through P3 and you can move fairly slowly so you can sneak up behind shadows and get the jump on them. In P4 I can only move at a outright run, or a complete crawl that is way to slow to realistically use to sneak up on enemies. So I was wondering if everything is fine, or is my controller busted or something?

Nope, it's the way it's supposed to be. Shadows notice you coming no matter what direction you're coming from. So the way to get pre-emptive strikes is to run up when they're facing away as fast as possible and hope you hit them in time.

Tamanon said:
Nope, it's the way it's supposed to be. Shadows notice you coming no matter what direction you're coming from. So the way to get pre-emptive strikes is to run up when they're facing away as fast as possible and hope you hit them in time.

Good to know, thanks!

Guled

Tamanon said:
whats not fair is that even if they hit my front they get a pre-emptive strike but I have to hit them in the back. Anyway, are the chances of getting one of those card upright 50-50? It seems like I'm really unlucky and get it upside down most of the time :(

Tenks

Guled said:
whats not fair is that even if they hit my front they get a pre-emptive strike but I have to hit them in the back. Anyway, are the chances of getting one of those card upright 50-50? It seems like I'm really unlucky and get it upside down most of the time :(

It appears to be tied to the luck stat

NoitoraJirugajr

Neo Member
wangman31888 said:
yea i guess i was really expecting to have much more time calendar wise, i maxed out my stats (knowledge, etc.) but only got 4 s. links done :(
but this game is def shorter! my final play time ended up being 60 hours, i know it sounds crazy to be annoyed at a 60 hour game but i just loved it so much that i felt it was a bit short
What?? I just entered the true final dungeon in march and i'm at 95 hours...

Guled

ShockingAlberto said:
MOTHERFUCKER

First dungeon boss:
I fought that thing for 45 minutes, then she one-shots the main character and I lose. Goddamnit.
you should be lvl 15,get an Archangle in a triangle fussion and make sure it has at least resist fire, red wall (to cast at Chie), and resist physical. Lvl it up 2 lvl 12 so it can learn media

AniHawk

Guled said:
you should be lvl 15,get an Archangle in a triangle fussion and make sure it has at least resist fire, red wall (to cast at Chie), and resist physical. Lvl it up 2 lvl 12 so it can learn media

The guide says to triangle-fuse a Slime, Obachuk (or whatever the early devil thing is called) and an Angel. But all that results in is an Oberon or something. I want my elephant archangel

Guled

AniHawk said:
The guide says to triangle-fuse a Slime, Obachuk (or whatever the early devil thing is called) and an Angel. But all that results in is an Oberon or something. I want my elephant archangel
which is the higher lvl
Slime or Obachuk. I'm not sure but I think Obachuk needs to be the highest lvl out of the 3 (that or slime needs to)

ivysaur12

Banned
:O

Holy shit. I just started the May quest and...

Am I really going to a jRPG gay character who isn't an effeminate queen, vampiric pro-wrestler, or... Tingle. Holy shit, I need to rescue Kanji now to see this!

NoitoraJirugajr said:
What?? I just entered the true final dungeon in march and i'm at 95 hours...

in terms of hours the time u get out of it totally depends just on how u like to play the game. but the calendar days of the game are shorter than P3, i don't think it's possible to argue that

NoitoraJirugajr

Neo Member
wangman31888 said:
in terms of hours the time u get out of it totally depends just on how u like to play the game. but the calendar days of the game are shorter than P3, i don't think it's possible to argue that
Hmm yeah plus i think doing all the social links or at least trying to makes the game take a lot longer.

ivysaur12 said:

Am I really going to a jRPG gay character who isn't an effeminate queen, vampiric pro-wrestler, or... Tingle. Holy shit, I need to rescue Kanji now to see this!
If it means anything to you, Kanji's my favorite character in quite a while

Tell me when you've done it! :D

NoitoraJirugajr said:
Hmm yeah plus i think doing all the social links or at least trying to makes the game take a lot longer.

that and the amount of time you decide to spend fighting/grinding will prob make the time vary greatly.

AniHawk

Guled said:
which is the higher lvl
Slime or Obachuk. I'm not sure but I think Obachuk needs to be the highest lvl out of the 3 (that or slime needs to)

Yeah, Slime is the highest level. That's probably it.

Blackjack

ivysaur12 said:

Kanji's not really gay, sadly.

Probably the straightest character in the cast, really.
:lol

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Blackjack said:
Do keep in mind that "straightest in the cast" isn't really saying much, when compared to Chie, Yukiko, and Yosuke. :lol
Pretty much everyone in Persona 4 is gay to some degree

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Blackjack said:
"I ONLY HAVE VALUE BECAUSE CHIE THINKS I LOOK GOOD IN RED"
Chie and Yukiko totally have a lesbian dominant/submission relationship going on the side. Yeah they might still be straight enough to have a few one night stands with "hot studs" but you can tell where the real relationship lies.

Volcynika

November spoilarz

I was so sad when Nanako got kidnapped. I just started the dungeon and some of the enemies are a bit rough. I looooooove the music, but hate how it has to restart after every battle. I got pumped when Dojima's like "Get her back!" I must save the awesomest kid ever!

Joule

December spoilers

So I'm to the point where Adachi makes his getaway through the TV. I had my suspicions about him early on as one of those bumbling detectives with a dark secret but since no motives came up for awhile I left it in the back of my mind. I initially thought that Mizusu Hiragii was pulling the strings with Namatame as her tool. So my question is, is Mizusu Hiragii pulling the strings with Adachi as her tool?

Namatame wasn't so bad after all. I guess like the characters in the game I also let my emotions sway my thoughts when he kidnapped Nanako.

NoitoraJirugajr

Neo Member
Volcynika said:
November spoilarz

I was so sad when Nanako got kidnapped. I just started the dungeon and some of the enemies are a bit rough. I looooooove the music, but hate how it has to restart after every battle. I got pumped when Dojima's like "Get her back!" I must save the awesomest kid ever!
Hell yeah!!
I hate how all the dungeon music restarts after battles.

Top Bottom