• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Tamanon

Banned
R Squared said:
Ahah. I'll admit, it is kind of a gut reaction from me. I guess I just haven't seen enough of the character yet.

Oh, I didn't even realize you were the guy that just started! Yeah, you get a LOT more background on Nanako, I felt the exact same way at first.

Every day's great at your Junes!

Tamanon said:
Oh, I didn't even realize you were the guy that just started! Yeah, you get a LOT more background on Nanako, I felt the exact same way at first.

Every day's great at your Junes!
Fuck that song. For forever and ever.

Blackjack

Volcynika said:
Nanako should be nominated as kid character of the forever.
Seriously. I was expected to, at the very least, be incredibly annoyed by her and at most outright hate her. Never in a million years would I believe she'd be one of my favorite characters.

Probably a stupid question, but how can you set it so you can control your party members during battle? I remember that being a setting somewhere, but I can't find it in the Config screen.

Grr.

Tamanon

Banned
R Squared said:
Fuck that song. For forever and ever.

nanako03.png

Also, hit Square while in the dungeon to change tactics, or select tactics in battle. Then you can pick Direct Command.

Guled

R Squared said:
Probably a stupid question, but how can you set it so you can control your party members during battle? I remember that being a setting somewhere, but I can't find it in the Config screen.

Grr.
change the tactics in battle

Tamanon said:
nanako03.png

Also, hit Square while in the dungeon to change tactics, or select tactics in battle. Then you can pick Direct Command.
Thanks, Tam and Guled.

Edit: Is that what everyone has it set at, or do you find it more fulfilling in P3 they-make-their-own-decisions mode?

elbkhm

R Squared said:
Thanks, Tam and Guled.

Edit: Is that what everyone has it set at, or do you find it more fulfilling in P3 they-make-their-own-decisions mode?
Personally, I leave it on Full Assault for random encounters, and switch over to manual control for bosses. Helps to speed up the regular combats, but gives me more control when faced with a serious challenge. Playing on expert, and it's been working out well for me.

firex

I use direct commands always. I also avoid a lot of fights once I know what the enemies are weak/strong to and if it's going to be worth fighting them.

totowhoa

Banned
I always use direct command. This is SMT and I don't want to get fucked on expert because the AI fucked up, even if it is somewhat rare. I wouldn't mind at all if FF 13 used an auto-control system with AI on par with P3 and P4 since the games are much easier... it would increase the pace, which is what I'm generally wanting more than anything from the battle-heavy portions of those games.

ivysaur12

Banned
Wait... what? Kanji has me so confused.

He asks Yukiko if she had to come out, and then she slaps her, and then he goes rosy. Is he gay? Is he bi? Is he just really confused?

ivysaur12 said:
Wait... what? Kanji has me so confused.

He asks Yukiko if she had to come out, and then she slaps her, and then he goes rosy. Is he gay? Is he bi? Is he just really confused?
Confused, it's kinda obvious since that's what he basicly says once he gets his Persona.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
How could people be hot for Yosuke? Kanji is way more interesting, could actually pass for gay, and doesn't have Meg Ryan's haircut.

totowhoa

Banned
Y2Kev said:
How could people be hot for Yosuke? Kanji is way more interesting, could actually pass for gay, and doesn't have Meg Ryan's haircut.

But that's the best the best thing about Yosuke!! :D

F'real!

Volcynika said:
Also, (end of October)

Ew Hanako in a swimsuit, and I bet someone here would've banged Ms. Kashiwagi at the hotel :lol
Ah! You've caught up to me! :lol Those scenes were awesome.

Speaking of which,
who is Yosuke supposed to be? I got the other three references but not him.

Blackjack

Y2Kev said:
You think Yosuke isn't gay?

Have you finished his S.Link? :lol

Although you're right in that Kanji is much, much better than Yosuke.

Tamanon

Banned
Cat in the Hat said:
He looks like he's in alot of pain. . . .

You should leave him alone. . .

I do like how the MC in this one isn't quite as ready to jump in and help everyone he sees.

"Be an ass and leave"

Guled

Holy shit at the Justice SLinks (lvl 3)
She totally snapped at her dad, calling her stupid wow. The SLinks with you family are awesome (I like that fact that when ever you and your uncle start talking he beings interrogating you)

Overall I like the SL in P4 way better then P3

firex

yeah, my 3 favorite links in the game are Justice, Hierophant, and Priestess. man, those links really felt like I was actually relating to the characters. the others are like "ok here's my hobby/one tiny thing that defines me, let's go do that" and nothing else.

ZephyrFate said:
The MC in P4 feels much more realistic than the one in P3, as far as dialogue and action choices go. I like that.

I'm about 2 hours in so far and i'm enjoying the dialogue and atmosphere well enough

Which is good because the first two hours is basically that.

Cat in the Hat said:
I'm about 2 hours in so far and i'm enjoying the dialogue and atmosphere well enough

Which is good because the first two hours is basically that.
There have been a few annoyances writing-wise in my five hours with the game, but they're few and relatively insignificant.

:lol Just maxed out Yousuke's SL.
Totally got a Rocky/Apollo vibe from that scene.

Post bad ending question :

Does the game explain clearly what is happening to people that curl in balls and keep mumbling ? Looks like Apathy Syndrome redux.

Sushen

I beat bonus boss in bathhouse, but Yukiko died in the battle. Should I try it again or just move on? It's hard to keep her alive since the boss picks on her and I don't have a good healing spell because I don't have Titania
Does anyone know how to fuse Titania?

Tamanon

Banned
Sushen said:
I beat bonus boss in bathhouse, but Yukiko died in the battle. Should I try it again or just move on? It's hard to keep her alive since the boss picks on her and I don't have a good healing spell because I don't have Titania
Does anyone know how to fuse Titania?

I'm pretty sure I made a Titania with King Frost + High Pixie. Of course that fight is easier if
You just have Yukiko block the whole time and you or Yosuke heal her while the other two wail on him

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I must be getting tired of the formula or something. After beating the second dungeon's boss I lost the motivation to keep playing for some reason (also, too many enemies without weaknesses there for my tastes). Been playing other stuff, I'll try to get back to it after new years.

Varna

ZephyrFate said:
The MC in P4 feels much more realistic than the one in P3, as far as dialogue and action choices go. I like that.

Problem with P3 was that there really wasn't any choice. You just choose answer until you got to the "right" one. Still did a great job of making you think you had a choice though.

Still about a week from getting this and I'm glad they improved this aspect... is it true you can't change weapons though?

Tamanon

Banned
Varna said:
Problem with P3 was that there really wasn't any choice. You just choose answer until you got to the "right" one. Still did a great job of making you think you had a choice though.

Still about a week from getting this and I'm glad they improved this aspect... is it true you can't change weapons though?

You can equip different weapons, it's just each character has a weapon type and the MC always uses a katana/golf club type.

Varna

Tamanon said:
You can equip different weapons, it's just each character has a weapon type and the MC always uses a katana/golf club type.

That's really lame... When I saw an early trailer for the game with one of the characters using guns I knew I would use that weapon type for the entire game. Oh well. :(

Tamanon

Banned
I like how Heirophant's Max S. Link item is actually something that's referenced several times. Probably my favorite ending of the lot of them.

"Don't you know who I am? I am Detective Dojima of the Inaba PD, feared by punks and thugs city-wide."

Trauma Center got some Christmas love from them, too, in the form of Angie in a red swimsuit...

Ugh....Angie. I'd much rather have Markus in swimming trunks or something :3

Top Bottom