• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Tamanon said:
I thought the killer was
Nanako
until November:( I read waaaaaay too much into throwaway statements!
Just finished it with true ending. But this made me laugh :lol

Volcynika

Tamanon said:
I thought the killer was
Nanako

My friend tried to joke with me about that, and he's like "Why would you think that?" I'm like "It's Japan! Kids are fucking crazy in Japan!"

Tamanon said:
I thought the killer was
Nanako
Now THAT'S a twist.
Sure would've beat
ahahahah I'm not a gas attender! I'm secretly a vaguely mentioned God which somehow fits into the game's theme!

Volcynika

Question about December:
If I'm in the final dungeon now, does that mean I'm heading towards the good ending? (If so, the questions weren't that hard to navigate to get to it...)

Blackjack

Volcynika said:
Question about December:
If I'm in the final dungeon now, does that mean I'm heading towards the good ending? (If so, the questions weren't that hard to navigate to get to it...)
If you're in the December dungeon, going after
Adachi
, then you're on track for the Normal Ending. True/Good is unlocked after that.

Volcynika

Blackjack said:
If you're in the December dungeon, going after
Adachi
, then you're on track for the Normal Ending. True/Good is unlocked after that.

So true/good is involved with choices following the dungeon? If so, then good.

dragonknight337

Neo Member
grandjedi6 said:
So what did everyone name their main characters? I'm rocking out with "Hero Tagonist" ;)

First time: Kazuo Kiriyama, thankfully MC isn't a nutjob like the BR Kazuo.
Second Time: Ryo Hazuki, although this has not increased the sailor population that I can tell. :D

Tamanon

Banned
dragonknight337 said:
First time: Kazuo Kiriyama, thankfully MC isn't a nutjob like the BR Kazuo.
Second Time: Ryo Hazuki, although this has not increased the sailor population that I can tell. :D

Although you do get to play with a cat and build and collect models!

Mine was Subhash Indrahar, one of my favorite characters from House Kurita.

DiddyBop

quick question,im on the void quest now and have too many party members. do i have to keep them all evenly leveled? like at some point in the game will it require me to use a certain character for story purposes?

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
grandjedi6 said:
So what did everyone name their main characters? I'm rocking out with "Hero Tagonist" ;)

When it comes to video games and naming the characters I usually go for just "Ash", probably taken both from Bruce Campbell's movie character and the main character in the old S-RPG Vandal Hearts.

But for Persona try to make it fit a bit more. I remember when I tried Nocturne out way back, then I just used some random name generator on the net to get a japanese sounding name. For P3 & P4 I couldn't be bothered with that and settled for the slightly nerdy name Eikichi Onizuka from the GTO anime, since it kinda came first to my mind, and I didn't want my character to be called Akira Kurosawa or something. :/

Volcynika

DiddyBop said:
quick question,im on the void quest now and have too many party members. do i have to keep them all evenly leveled? like at some point in the game will it require me to use a certain character for story purposes?

Nope. (I asked the question myself earlier! It's good that it doesn't force you.)

firex

oh yeah. in RPGs where I can name the main character, I pretty much always name them after myself unless I know there's some official name for them. so for p3/p4 the main character was named after me, same with Nocturne, and in most DQ games...

Volcynika

Maybe this is just a slight glitch.

I can now make
Alice
but the name of the Persona looks different than everyone else's. Like all the others have a blue background, but this one has no background and is outlined in purple. Why is that?

Volcynika said:
Maybe this is just a slight glitch.

I can now make
Alice
but the name of the Persona looks different than everyone else's. Like all the others have a blue background, but this one has no background and is outlined in purple. Why is that?
Same thing with me! I always wondered that...I thought something special might happen, but...nope.

Volcynika

dragonlife29 said:
Same thing with me! I always wondered that...I thought something special might happen, but...nope.

:(

Well, I know one thing!
I might not have Tower upgraded at all, but I'm gonna make MARA.

Volcynika

Made it to
the last boss. He killed me in his first attack, a Garudyne on the Protag plus Agneyastra killed him in one hit. :/

2DMention

Banned
Holy Christ am I having a hard time fighting the
Void Dungeon
boss! I grinded everybody up to lvl. 40, even merged a power with a ose like the guide said, and I still can't beat him! Fought him for like 35 minutes and got him down to 1/3 health, but everybody ran out of SP and I ran out of snuff souls. I was using a def buff on the whole party and attack down spell on him and ran out of mp fast. Must've fought about 4 sprites. I was using
Kanji = Kill Rush, Teddie = Mediarama, Hero = buff def and debuff boss' attack, & Yukkio - Med Fire spell

I don't think grinding will do any good. Am I using the wrong char.?

I must really be losing it when it comes to RPGs lately. Maybe I should shelve this game for now and restart it later on beginner, because this is ridiculous!

So I went and did a remix (not a port) of the Velvet Room theme that uses Super Mario World's instruments, so that the song would fit a hack, here it is in mp3 form :

link

Tetsuo9

2DMention said:
Void Dungeon
boss! I grinded everybody up to lvl. 40, even merged a power with a ose like the guide said, and I still can't beat him! Fought him for like 35 minutes and got him down to 1/3 health, but everybody ran out of SP and I ran out of snuff souls. I was using a def buff on the whole party and attack down spell on him and ran out of mp fast. Must've fought about 4 sprites. I was using
Kanji = Kill Rush, Teddie = Mediarama, Hero = buff def and debuff boss' attack, & Yukkio - Med Fire spell

I must really be losing it when it comes to RPGs lately. Maybe I should shelve this game for now and restart it later on beginner, because this is ridiculous!

Well, at that time those buff spells will drain your sp, so you shouldn't use them, also the boss does a variety of moves, so you dont gain much debuffing the boss attack.

Maybe you are using a bad strategy, you should go all out attacking his unprotected form with all chars so you don't fight with so many sprites, I think I fought 3. But beware of megidola.

Also did you bought new gear?. Buy items so you can save sp. Just keep trying, gl :).

Tamanon

Banned
2DMention said:
Void Dungeon

Go about it the opposite way. Debuff his defense and Matakuraja. Should be able to take him down that way before the 3rd sprite.

JEKKI

awww man... I ranked Empress S.Link from level 3 to level 6...

went from 200K to like 120K easy... crazy compendium prices!!!

2DMention said:
Void Dungeon

Rakunda (??) is your friend in this battle. (i.e. the spell that lowers enemy defense)

I know... I just beat it lol. Rakunda + all your allies using mid-level magic does wonderful damage on him. Lowering his DEF is WAY more important than any other buff in this battle.

also when he
begins to reform his armor
go relentless on your magics becoz it'll open up an all-out attack

firex

I'm pretty sure I just fused the persona I'll be using to beat the game.
Ishtar with Mediarahan, Samarecarm, Amrita, Spell Master, Maragidyne, Maziodyne, Megidolaon, Invigorate 3 and Absorb Wind. No weaknesses, a little light on offense, but can cover all the healing necessary and won't have to use up the main character's pitiful reserves of SP. The question is going to be which Ma-dyne spell I drop for Absorb Wind since she learns it next level. Probably Maragidyne, since I use Yukiko and her fire spells are just as good.

clashfan

I'm new to the series and about 10 hours in. I've died alot, is this normal? Are the Persona games all this hard? I love the story but it's just so hard I'm not sure I'll finish the game.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Holy Order Sol said:
So I went and did a remix (not a port) of the Velvet Room theme that uses Super Mario World's instruments, so that the song would fit a hack, here it is in mp3 form :

link
Hahaha, neat.

Tamanon

Banned
clashfan said:
I'm new to the series and about 10 hours in. I've died alot, is this normal? Are the Persona games all this hard? I love the story but it's just so hard I'm not sure I'll finish the game.

You get used to things after a while. You die a TON at first in these games. But once you get down the concept of weaknesses and guarding you die a lot less.

Shanks

Epic final boss HALP...

Anybody have some advice for fighting Inazagi? As I sit I have MC, Naoto, Chie, and Yukiko all in the 79 range and I get wiped out in its second form. I don't have debilitate and have no way to get it as I only maxed like 4 or 5 s-links. I seriously want to beat this boss on this run but it honestly seems kinda hopeless where I'm at. My MC is alternating between a Loki, Hariti for healing, and Tan Lin (I think thats the name). Any advice?

clashfan said:
Any tips for a beginner?
Try to have persons to attack and defend against all the elements. Try to end fights as quickly as possible by attacking weaknesses. Remember not to push your characters. Take it slow. And don't get frustrated when you die.

Red Scarlet

Weird game so far, but I've just gotten the first two personas.

Oh and this is for Pop On Arrival:
risepop.gif

Joule

Shanks said:
Epic final boss HALP...

Anybody have some advice for fighting Inazagi? As I sit I have MC, Naoto, Chie, and Yukiko all in the 79 range and I get wiped out in its second form. I don't have debilitate and have no way to get it as I only maxed like 4 or 5 s-links. I seriously want to beat this boss on this run but it honestly seems kinda hopeless where I'm at. My MC is alternating between a Loki, Hariti for healing, and Tan Lin (I think thats the name). Any advice?

You don't really need debilitate. Tarunda + Marakukaja should suffice. I did it with a level 42 Hanuman and had MC just be a buff/debuff/item slave. I don't particularly recommend Naoto though just because her skill set isn't too versatile or all that powerful either.

DiddyBop

fuuuuck,im trying to make a black frost but i dont have a ghoul,anyone know where to find them?

nvm,just gonna fuse one myself! forgot i could do that:lol

Top Bottom