• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Tenks

Crystalkoen said:
except Rise. I swear, the little harlot wanted to get in the MC's pants on day one, despite having just met the guy.

Time to dump Yukiko. Stuckup prude. She shoulda seen this coming.

epmode

Crystalkoen said:
There's the whole Friend/Girlfriend aspect to the girls. Depending on your choices earlier in the link is whether you'll just be friends at the end, or if you'll be getting your groove on.
Not really. There's a single question in each of the eligible S-Link. Regardless of what happened earlier, this is the only question that matters.

Tamanon

Banned
epmode said:
Not really. There's a single question in each of the eligible S-Link. Regardless of what happened earlier, this is the only question that matters.

Sounds like you didn't do Ai's link.:lol

There's several chances to become a Serious Relationship and even
getting broken up with and becoming friends again

Volcynika

Blackjack said:
There's also a really good Fusion Forecast on the 24th, to make up for missing the Christmas Eve events: Fuse a Yoshitsune, get Debilitate.

Yeah. Though I
finished on the 22nd and got the Christmas Eve S Link scene aka Christmas Eve Booty with Yukiko!

Tamanon

Banned
I made the mistake of going to a serious relationship early and it ended up with just me telling her how wonderful and hot she was, then she broke up with me at Max:/

zoku88

Tamanon said:
I made the mistake of going to a serious relationship early and it ended up with just me telling her how wonderful and hot she was, then she broke up with me at Max:/
Was that Ai? The same thing happened to me. Doesn't matter, I had three or so others >.>

EDIT: Oh, you already answered it, lol.

Darkman M said:
I wanted to strangle that slore
Tell me about it.
Tamanon said:
she's a needy whorebag anyway, plenty more of needy girls on Inaba who aren't whores,
should have let her jump after Kou revealed his crush on Chie

Ourobolus

Banned
So, I've finished Yukiko's, Chie's, and Ayane's S.Links, and I'm in "Serious Relationships" in each of them. Is this going to bite me in the ass later? :D

Tamanon

Banned
Ourobolus said:
So, I've finished Yukiko's, Chie's, and Ayane's S.Links, and I'm in "Serious Relationships" in each of them. Is this going to bite me in the ass later? :D

Nah. It's just like Persona 3. Harem it up! Only Ai's is ever affected, and that's on dates.

Blackjack

Ourobolus said:
Only if you ever decide to kill yourself for banging a girl that looks twelve.

Tenks

I just rickrolled the guy in the cube next to me.

I sent him an email saying "I need your relationship advice, come over" so he did. I then pulled out my P4 artbook asking him if I thought I should dump Yukiko for Rise. He was less than amused.

Volcynika

Tenks said:
I just rickrolled the guy in the cube next to me.

I sent him an email saying "I need your relationship advice, come over" so he did. I then pulled out my P4 artbook asking him if I thought I should dump Yukiko for Rise. He was less than amused.

:lol

Crystalkoen

Rise may have that whole "Free Love" thing going on, but you have to give points to Yukiko for being down-to-Earth traditional and shit.

But then, you KNOW Rise is... how should I say... "Unconventional" in her thinking.

Decisions, decisions...

Tenks

Crystalkoen said:
Rise may have that whole "Free Love" thing going on, but you have to give points to Yukiko for being down-to-Earth traditional and shit.

But then, you KNOW Rise is... how should I say... "Unconventional" in her thinking.

Decisions, decisions...

I want to be the Inaba K-Fed. Date the pop star and become super famous for no apparent reason.

Ok I just beat the third dungeon story-boss, but I just realized I never really worked on my S.Links with
Kanji
. Where is he after school? I can't ever find him.

Blackjack

nakedsushi said:
Ok I just beat the third dungeon story-boss, but I just realized I never really worked on my S.Links with
Kanji
. Where is he after school? I can't ever find him.
Talk to a girl by the stairs on the second floor (Possibly only on Tuesday and Thursday) and then talk to him in the practice building,

Ourobolus

Banned
Blackjack said:
Only if you ever decide to kill yourself for banging a girl that looks twelve.

Hahahaha. Touche.
Eh, I read somewhere that the band gives slightly better bonuses to Expression than Drama.
Besides, they totally didn't get it on. It just "was getting late" and then he "walked her home." :D

Tamanon

Banned
The band S. Link and the Soccer S. Link give more opportunities for stat increases. They're littered with dialogue options that up your courage/diligence/understanding.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
So what's the purpose of making your own lunch? Can you increase your s.links by taking them to lunch? What do you get if you eat alone, if anything?

Tamanon

Banned
ItsInMyVeins said:
So what's the purpose of making your own lunch? Can you increase your s.links by taking them to lunch? What do you get if you eat alone, if anything?

Making lunch gives you Bait for fishing and a good increase to whatever S. Link you choose to eat with. It's useful for those that you would normally have to spend an extra day or two with.

Darkman M

ItsInMyVeins said:

1. Yes

2. I never ate alone, probably does nothing though could be wrong.

Tenks

Yeah I was in neither band or drama in High School (I didn't play soccer or basketball either...) so I just consulted the art book and saw the band girl. Without even looking up the drama girl I chose drama.

Oh my god I just had my first confused party member throw away money!

Hilarious, here I was thinking no biggie as I'm guarding so I can refill my SP (via Invigorate) against enemies that only have confuse. Put a stop to the fight not much longer after that.

Also, Galactic Punt is hilarious.

zoku88

music girl wasnt that bad. She was cute in a small way. :(

EDIT: Finally really beat the game this time.

The final boss was easier than I thought it would be. Must be because I had some really good pokemon ... I mean persona
for the fake last boss.

<3 Trumpeteer.

Also got a pretty good Satan near the end ;P

zoku88

Volcynika said:
My Satan has: Megidolaon, Maragidyne, Bufudyne, Null Phys, Black Viper, Null Wind, Regen 3, and Invigorate 3! I loves him.
I started to get rid of hit all skills since by the time I got him, there was only a boss left

Mine was kinda similar, cept it didnt have megi anymore, but had auto-mata or wtv it is called.

Volcynika

zoku88 said:
I started to get rid of hit all skills since by the time I got him, there was only a boss left

Mine was kinda similar, cept it didnt have megi anymore, but had auto-mata or wtv it is called.

Ah, well I have
a chakra ring (halves SP costs) and Rise's healing SP after fights, so spamming spells with him barely does anything to the protag's SP amount.

zoku88

Volcynika said:
Ah, well I have
a chakra ring (halves SP costs) and Rise's healing SP after fights, so spamming spells with him barely does anything to the protag's SP amount.
Oh, I didnt have any of that >.> Rise was one level off of that, I think. And my hero was at 76.

I also had a persona that did the same thing as your ring did, it was only 1 level off of getting that skill, but i would've had to get 20K more exp, and Im too lazy to do that ;P

Volcynika

zoku88 said:
Oh, I didnt have any of that >.> Rise was one level off of that, I think. And my hero was at 76.

I also had a persona that did the same thing as your ring did, it was only 1 level off of getting that skill, but i would've had to get 20K more exp, and Im too lazy to do that ;P

Yeah, Spell Master is a good skill.

firex

ugh this is annoying. I keep getting SMT'd in the
real final dungeon
just when I'm about to go save before taking on the mini-boss. I just realized it's because my homunculi got used up by my other stupid party members taking instant death spell hits, instead of them being reserved only for when the hero is hit by one, like it worked in P3 (and should work in this game, thanks a lot Atlus).

With the help of the moon arcana card, I was able to push my party level to 77. :D And I've still got days to train. That bastard is going to get owned.

zoku88

crowphoenix said:
With the help of the moon arcana card, I was able to push my party level to 77. :D And I've still got days to train. That bastard is going to get owned.
You could prolly own him now :lol :lol

Volcynika

Yeah, the ending stuff, regarding the True Ending:
I just got destroyed when the real form came out, stupid huge physical attack. I'm level 85 too. D:

Top Bottom