• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

zoku88

Darn, died on the final boss. I should've conserved my SP better. The last boss seems much easier than the ones in FES and P3.

EDIT:
What happens when I beat the final boss before the deadline

Just got this today after reading through this thread some. I've read a bit about the story, does it have a slight horror vibe to it or something?

Tamanon

Banned
brandonh83 said:
Just got this today after reading through this thread some. I've read a bit about the story, does it have a slight horror vibe to it or something?

A bit, more of a mystery vibe.

NoitoraJirugajr

Neo Member
Shanks said:
Epic final boss HALP...

Anybody have some advice for fighting Inazagi? As I sit I have MC, Naoto, Chie, and Yukiko all in the 79 range and I get wiped out in its second form. I don't have debilitate and have no way to get it as I only maxed like 4 or 5 s-links. I seriously want to beat this boss on this run but it honestly seems kinda hopeless where I'm at. My MC is alternating between a Loki, Hariti for healing, and Tan Lin (I think thats the name). Any advice?
It wasn't too bad with my party because I used
teddie, yousuke, and kanji. That way each of them had one of the 3 multi hit stat boosting skills. I beware of when the boss inflicts enervation status and then follows up with an insta kill to anyone who has any ailments. That killed me, forcing me to use one of my continue items because I was on easy. Also remember to negate any stat boosting she does on herself and watch out for debilitate when she uses it. I was level 85 though so the damage the boss did was pretty insignificant.

Volcynika

Hope to fiiiiiiiinally beat the last dungeon tomorrow.

That huge eye thing (forget the name) kept hitting me a little too hard with Agnestraya or whatever, so now I have Satan with Null Physical and Null Wind ready to at least be weakness-free. Gonna give him a big "fuck you" with my party of Protag, Chie, Yukiko, and Naoto (I just like using the gun!), I had to grind a bit to learn null wind with Satan, so now I'm at level 83 :p

NoitoraJirugajr

Neo Member
Holy Order Sol said:
So I went and did a remix (not a port) of the Velvet Room theme that uses Super Mario World's instruments, so that the song would fit a hack, here it is in mp3 form :

link
Uh wow...If i didn't know the melody already from fusing for hours on end I don't know if i could tell what the melody was from that.

NoitoraJirugajr

Neo Member
Volcynika said:

That huge eye thing (forget the name) kept hitting me a little too hard with Agnestraya or whatever, so now I have Satan with Null Physical and Null Wind ready to at least be weakness-free. Gonna give him a big "fuck you" with my party of Protag, Chie, Yukiko, and Naoto (I just like using the gun!), I had to grind a bit to learn null wind with Satan, so now I'm at level 83 :p
At least if you go for the true ending you'll have a cakewalk in the last dungeon at that level (especially because you'll gain a few levels on the way).

Volcynika

NoitoraJirugajr said:
At least if you go for the true ending you'll have a cakewalk in the last dungeon at that level (especially because you'll gain a few levels on the way).

Oh, you bet I'm going for that! I even got
Beelzebub for fun
, though I'm still sad I didn't even do any Tower SLink, since I could've had a super powerful
Mara!
:lol

zoku88

Volcynika said:

Get trumpeteer. He has an attack that lowers the enemies aim, attack and defense. That's how I won XD

Volcynika

zoku88 said:
Get trumpeteer. He has an attack that lowers the enemies aim, attack and defense. That's how I won XD

Not sure if I have the ones to fuse it, and kinda running sliiightly low on money! :p

zoku88

Volcynika said:
Not sure if I have the ones to fuse it, and kinda running sliiightly low on money! :p
Lol, I was so low on money when I was trying to get it, too :lol :lol

It actually slowed me down quite a bit, actually >.>

I never even bought new equipment for everybody because of it >.>

FSLink

Banned
MechaX said:
As for the end-game itself (Spoilers for December and on & some P3 Spoilers)
I found it interesting that they decided to pull an Ikutsuki with Adachi. Although, I might have been a little bit more surprised if the art book didn't show a portrait of his Shadow. While it came out of left field at first, I recall that I have encountered people a lot like Adachi in real life. Pretty high up there on the Antisocial disorder scale and pretty much treats everything as a game. But still, everything made sense in the end, which contrasts to how even I was tripped up by how the previous two "killers" factored into everything. Although, I scratched my head when discovering that everything was orchestrated by an angry god masquerading as a Gas Station Attendant...
Well to be fair....the art book does warn about spoilers.
Though...
Wouldn't it have been better if Adachi was a S.Link? Would have made it a bit more surprising. The fact that he was a commonly recurring character, yet I could not start a S.Link was kind of weird to me, especially since you can start one with Dojima and Nanako...But there's that whole problem of what Arcana he'd be.

Tamanon said:
In fact, Black Frost was awesome on that fight since Rakunda then Mind Charge + Agidyne = 700 damage a pop.:lol
Haha, yeah, and with Chie or Teddie buffing you, it did like over 1000 damage for me. (Plus it learned Fire Amp, and I transfered over Fire Boost...) The poor thing didn't even rebuild itself.

I've been dragging my feet the past few days in P4 due to the September dungeon kickin' my ass. But I'm determined to beat it in a day, so the fox is making a killing, eheh. I think I might go rescue that guy right now, actually. Whee~

cakeman19

Banned
Just beat the game. So many twists. Am I the only one that was
suspicous of the gas station attendant the whole time? I mean he (she) only showed up on rainy days. Of course, I was also suspicious of everyone that ended up being involved. Mitsuo was suspicious the second you meet him, Namatame had the icon, but no social link, and something didn't seem right about Adachi at all.

Vorador

Banned
Finished yesterday the 5º dungeon, who would have guessed
he was a she?? lol

Also finished the Social Link of Yumi of the Sun Arcana
it's quite depressing with all the stuff about her father, also her ending is also depressing from the way she pushes onto you her feelings (and i had to turn her down due to being in other relationship), there's no way to make out as "just friends" like others Social Links
Getting all S.Links is far more difficult in Persona 4 than it was in P3, i'm in late September and i still have missed a few due to not having high enough levels on some aspects of personal development.

DiddyBop

so im mid august and i only have 2 s.links maxed. what are the chances of me finishing with at least 10 maxed out at this pace? im focusing mostly on the dojimas and my party members,maxing those out first.

Vorador

Banned
DiddyBop said:
so im mid august and i only have 2 s.links maxed. what are the chances of me finishing with at least 10 maxed out at this pace? im focusing mostly on the dojimas and my party members,maxing those out first.

I will just quote myself

me said:
Getting all S.Links is far more difficult in Persona 4 than it was in P3, i'm in late September and i still have missed a few due to not having high enough levels on some aspects of personal development.

I would say they're pretty slim. It's like Atlus designed the game to allow maxing all S.Link only in your second playtrough with all stats maxed. It was already difficult in P3, but it seems is impossible on Persona 4.

Blackjack

Vorador said:
Getting them, maybe (Maybe!) but maxing them is SO much easier in P4.

Duelist

Shanks said:
Epic final boss HALP...

Anybody have some advice for fighting Inazagi? As I sit I have MC, Naoto, Chie, and Yukiko all in the 79 range and I get wiped out in its second form. I don't have debilitate and have no way to get it as I only maxed like 4 or 5 s-links. I seriously want to beat this boss on this run but it honestly seems kinda hopeless where I'm at. My MC is alternating between a Loki, Hariti for healing, and Tan Lin (I think thats the name). Any advice?

I have the same party setup as you, and I finished the game with everyone at level 76. What I did was fuse a Trumpeter (Hexa fusion) and make him learn Matarukaja and Marakukaja. He learns Debilitate on his own, and he has some really good resistances with no weaknesses. I also had the MC use Yoshitsune (Cross Fusion) for Power Charge + Brave Blade when you're not buffing all the other members. Naoto basically uses Mind Charge + Megidolaon, Chie goes with Power Charge + God Hand, and Yukiko main heals and uses an Agidyne or two when she gets the chance.

Marakukaja and Debilitate make this fight a LOT easier, so make sure you have them.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Vorador said:
I would say they're pretty slim. It's like Atlus designed the game to allow maxing all S.Link only in your second playtrough with all stats maxed. It was already difficult in P3, but it seems is impossible on Persona 4.

Oh :O

Man, I thought getting all the s.links would be easier in P4 than P3.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, there's a max Social Link FAQ that gets all stats up high enough and maxes them all with an entire month to spare. It's certainly possible. Not as strict as P3.

Crystalkoen

DiddyBop said:

Gotta have maxed Expression to finish out Nanako (and by finish I mean getting beyond rank 5, ouch), and high expression/courage/possibly others for Ryotaro... got him up to 7 so far, very engaging story there, even if it is a bit depressing, which seems to be a common theme this time around. I'm up to... August sometime, just finished the school trip, and only have Chie and Sayoko maxed, with a bunch of others in the 5-7 range.

As for the 4th dungeon boss,
I found myself doing my first grind of the game to get Yukiko Mediarama, then just went all-out with a Rakshasa on the main (had both Rakunda and Brain whatever, the 1-3 light damage physical), Chie for Tarukaja on main/Kanji, and Kanji for general ass-beating. Killed the boss before he could form the third time, and it went pretty smoothly, especially with no lightning weakness for that second hero form.

Crystalkoen

Kweh said:
This game is kicking my arse, can't even beat
Yukiko's Shadow
:(

First time into a MegaTen title? If so, then the best advice I think anyone could ever give is to familiarize yourself with the Fusion system, and more importantly, what you can make with it. Strengths/Weaknesses of your team and the bosses is an incredibly large part of the gameplay.

Iirc,
Prince Charming is weak against Ice, and can be dizzied, so you can use Chie to control him (while hopefully not getting wrecked by Yukiko's fire attacks), then have main/Yosuke heal your group/kill Yukiko...

I do find it amusing, though... this game's successfully pulled me away from WoW pretty heavily the past two weeks, which kinda sucks since I was working on a DK Jeweler >.>

Ourobolus

Banned
Is there anything I'm missing with fishing for the Rank 10 Hermit quest? I got the Angler's set from the old guy, and the Guardian just NEVER seems to show up. I hear it's random, but holy hell I'm tired of fishing over and over again.

Tamanon

Banned
Ourobolus said:
Is there anything I'm missing with fishing for the Rank 10 Hermit quest? I got the Angler's set from the old guy, and the Guardian just NEVER seems to show up. I hear it's random, but holy hell I'm tired of fishing over and over again.

Gotta be raining or December. And you just have to keep retracting the bait and trying again if it's the wrong vibration. I believe it's an 8 second pause between vibrations.:lol

Tamanon

Banned
2DMention said:
What's the best recipe for Black Frost? That might be my ticket to beating this Void boss.

There's only one recipe. It's one of those Penta-fusions. I think it's Pixie, Ghoul, Jack Frost, Pyro Jack, King Frost.

Ourobolus

Banned
Tamanon said:
Gotta be raining or December. And you just have to keep retracting the bait and trying again if it's the wrong vibration. I believe it's an 8 second pause between vibrations.:lol

Ah yeah, I've been only fishing while raining too. Still seems to be taking a goddamn long time (and the wireless controller I've been using doesn't vibrate :()

DiddyBop

Crystalkoen said:
Gotta have maxed Expression to finish out Nanako (and by finish I mean getting beyond rank 5, ouch), and high expression/courage/possibly others for Ryotaro... got him up to 7 so far, very engaging story there, even if it is a bit depressing, which seems to be a common theme this time around. I'm up to... August sometime, just finished the school trip, and only have Chie and Sayoko maxed, with a bunch of others in the 5-7 range.

im in the same exact position as you,glad it isnt only me,these s.links are hard to max out. as long as i complete the dojimas,and my main party members i'll be happy.

and btw,do all the girls in p4 put out? im currently dating yukiko and chie at the same time,do either of them have sex? and is it possible to also date rise at the same time? or is it 2 max? my MC is such an asshole, one day chie comes over and confesses her love for me in my room and i get her s.link maxed out. the next day,her best friend yukiko comes over and does the same thing:lol

epmode

Ourobolus said:
I got the Guardian quest from the fisherman on a rainy November day, then caught it on my third cast. I don't even have a Dual Shock 3 so I couldn't do the FEEL THE VIBRATION trick if I wanted to.

Very lucky I guess? I figured they upped the odds for that fish when the quest is active.

Running through the 7th dungeon. I imagine I'm getting near the end of the game now. The only thing I really want to do before I kick this guys ass is master
Naoto's
s-link. This dungeon is a lot easier than 6, even though I have died twice. Stupid Dice.

Tamanon

Banned
crowphoenix said:
Running through the 7th dungeon. I imagine I'm getting near the end of the game now. The only thing I really want to do before I kick this guys ass is master
Naoto's
s-link. This dungeon is a lot easier than 6, even though I have died twice. Stupid Dice.

Don't beat that dungeon until the last day possible. It does a time skip ahead once you beat the boss.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Holy shit. I thought I had finished the Japanese version!

I am moron, that one guy isn't the final boss afterall, I never really finished the Japanese version! I am moron!!!

That's what I get for playing game using a wiki in a language I don't understand. God Bless the English version.

Darkman M

Tamanon said:
Don't beat that dungeon until the last day possible. It does a time skip ahead once you beat the boss.

Yeah beating it on the 22nd is best though so you get the xmas eve s-link event

Crystalkoen

DiddyBop said:
im in the same exact position as you,glad it isnt only me,these s.links are hard to max out. as long as i complete the dojimas,and my main party members i'll be happy.

and btw,do all the girls in p4 put out? im currently dating yukiko and chie at the same time,do either of them have sex? and is it possible to also date rise at the same time? or is it 2 max? my MC is such an asshole, one day chie comes over and confesses her love for me in my room and i get her s.link maxed out. the next day,her best friend yukiko comes over and does the same thing:lol

There's the whole Friend/Girlfriend aspect to the girls. Depending on your choices earlier in the link is whether you'll just be friends at the end, or if you'll be getting your groove on. If it's like P3 was, there's no limit to the number of girls you can juggle, just issues with being intimate with one, then trying to spend a day with another before maxing the first. This time around, it seems there's less "Girlfriend" time in the Links, as P3 had it from about R5 on, where this one seems R8 and beyond... except Rise. I swear, the little harlot wanted to get in the MC's pants on day one, despite having just met the guy.

Tamanon said:
That's mighty useful to know. Kinda annoyed me for the week I worked at Junes, Monday night hits, and I'm like "Yeah, sure, spend my days working there, use my nights on other stuff..." BAM it's Friday.

Top Bottom