• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Guled

Blackjack said:
I used King Frost. But really, are you guarding after the Mind Charge?
no, I didn't expect him to do 260 damage in one turn. do I have to take all his health down or just half again?

JEKKI said:
there's this place in Los Angeles, a small japanese supermarket...

it looks EXACTLY like the supermarket section of Junes in the game.

like... EXACT EXACT.

it's on Sawtelle and (I think) Olympic around Westwood/UCLA area... right next to Beard Papa.

Hm, I think you're talking about Nijiya, haha. But I don't think it looks that similar. Junes' produce section just looks like a generic market to me, but if I go tomorrow I'll take pics and compare, lol.

Guled said:
no, I didn't expect him to do 260 damage in one turn. do I have to take all his health down or just half again?

All the way down.

He'll do a charging action with his hand raised which lasts two turns. I have all my characters attack/heal as soon as he starts the charging action, and then everyone guard the next turn. When all my members are guarding, the charged attack gets blocked on everyone.

Blackjack

Guled said:
Well, now you know! :lol Yeah, Mind Charge is brutal. About 2.5x the damage of a normal attack. ALWAYS guard when it happens. It'll reduce the damage A LOT.

JEKKI

nakedsushi said:
Hm, I think you're talking about Nijiya, haha. But I don't think it looks that similar. Junes' produce section just looks like a generic market to me, but if I go tomorrow I'll take pics and compare, lol.
yes!! it's Nijiya!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/nijiya-market-los-angeles

Every day is great at your Nijiya!!

it's the back of the store that looks exactly like the back of Junes btw... where the produce is.

-EDIT-

apparently there is one in Little Tokyo as well.

I too have been there... the Little Tokyo location does not look like Junes at all.

west LA only!

Guled said:
All.

It's pretty simple. When he uses Mind Charge, he'll use Mabufula. When he uses that move to lower your defense, he'll use Heat Wave next turn. Everyone should guard with Mabufula, especially Yukiko if you brought her. Sarasvati is not bad for MC, since she nulls ice and can use Media. Heat Wave can be healed easily enough, but you won't have much luck avoiding it. Despite the name, it's not a fire attack, so no Persona change is necessary. Follow the advice above about when he starts charging his hand. That's a powerful attack that is utterly useless against you if you're guarding.

2DMention

Banned
nakedsushi said:

Do it for real! I'd like to see .. That would be so funny!:lol

Blackjack

ShockingAlberto said:
All.

It's pretty simple. When he uses Mind Charge, he'll use Mabufula. When he uses that move to lower your defense, he'll use Heat Wave next turn. Everyone should guard with Mabufula, especially Yukiko if you brought her. Sarasvati is not bad for MC, since she nulls ice and can use Media. Heat Wave can be healed easily enough, but you won't have much luck avoiding it. Despite the name, it's not a fire attack, so no Persona change is necessary. Follow the advice above about when he starts charging his hand. That's a powerful attack that is utterly useless against you if you're guarding.
You could change to one that resists/nulls physical for Heat Wave.

johnsmith

remember me
I'm getting close to beating the game. Anybody have any suggestions for personas for my next game? I'm definitely going to do a new game + eventually. Enjoyed this game way too much.

Thinking of making a Helel with victory cry, spell master, and mind charge, but the thought of having to level a Lucifer to level 99 for that isn't appealing.

2DMention

Banned
Wow, then at 35 hours, I'm only 1/2 way through? At least this game isn't getting dull like 3 did around that time, although when I start maxing out S. Links and Stats, it will be.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
This is what my Junes in San Diego looks like..

tenpoimg.jpg

^_^

Crystalkoen

2DMention said:
Wow, then at 35 hours, I'm only 1/2 way through? At least this game isn't getting dull like 3 did around that time, although when I start maxing out S. Links and Stats, it will be.

I'm about 60 hours in after the 5th dungeon, but I spent about 3 hours grinding out personas at the end of the 4th dungeon to be able to make some slick ones entering #5. As for the pacing, yeah, I reiterate what I stated previously. This game is better than P3 in every possible way, in my opinion. I'd fall asleep dungeon crawling in P3, but P4 has yet to put me into that state, save for once... and that was about 3 in the morning, not the 12:15 that P3 would've done.

Cakeman19 said:
If you're in October, you want to work on courage a lot more than Dilligence since you need that maxed to start the
naoto
link, and you only have a month to do it

I'm REALLY close to Courage max, but Dilligence is only Rank 3. Teaches me to be lax about reading The Man's Life books, and not doing the Strength arcana really at all, I guess.

Also, for that Link...
Isn't it actually knowledge? I talked to her once already, but she wouldn't discuss anything further with me until I maxed my Knowledge... which I just did a day ago

EDIT: Oh, and that Junes stuff above? That is so awesome.

Ourobolus

Banned
Crystalkoen said:
Also, for that Link...
Isn't it actually knowledge? I talked to her once already, but she wouldn't discuss anything further with me until I maxed my Knowledge... which I just did a day ago

You need both courage and knowledge at rank 5, I believe.

cakeman19

Banned
Crystalkoen said:
Also, for that Link...

Actually
you need both, first to talk with a guy in black in the shopping district (which you need knoweldge for) and then to mention the guy to Naoto (courage).
It's a pretty demanding link

Edit: Beaten

Tamanon

Banned
Also you only ever need Diligence to be level 3 to do everything that requires the stat in the game. Anything else is just useful when fishing.

Wilsongt

30 hours in and I saved
Rise and all
. Honestly, I thought I would be more upset that the tone of the game isn't as serious at P3's was. But, the game is funny as hell. I can forgive it for that alone.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Tamanon said:
Also you only ever need Diligence to be level 3 to do everything that requires the stat in the game. Anything else is just useful when fishing.

Yeah, that's real good to know. I just finished the third dungeon today.

It took me two "game days" to beat the first two dungeons, and only one to beat the third. I think I'm getting a hold of my SP and money problem. I have the Fox link up to Lv6 and have well over 100,000 yen. What I recommend to everyone is to go through every dungeon at least twice and make money so giving it to Fox won't be such an ordeal.

ivysaur12

Banned
Ok, so I just started got to the
Void Quest
. I'm level 39 right now on the 7th floor. I hear this one is a tough one, so what personas should I get to be ready/what should I be watchful for/what level should I be at by the time I get to the boss?

dragonknight337

Neo Member
ivysaur12 said:
Ok, so I just started got to the
Void Quest
. I'm level 39 right now on the 7th floor. I hear this one is a tough one, so what personas should I get to be ready/what should I be watchful for/what level should I be at by the time I get to the boss?

Black Frost, and I was somewhere in the 40-43 range the first time. His mind charge is great for taking down the boss' shell.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Do you know of the top of your off what is needed for Black Frost? King Frost and Jack Frost, I'm guessing? I think I have one of those two.

Tortfeasor

zoku88 said:
Wait, Junes is real???

It's a Japanese "mall" called Mitsewa. There is one in the Chicago area as well. Pretty cool place, with a grocery, liquor store, toy store, book store, food court, and a few other little shops. Just like Junes!!

Tamanon

Banned
Adam Prime said:
Do you know of the top of your off what is needed for Black Frost? King Frost and Jack Frost, I'm guessing? I think I have one of those two.

It's one of thoses penta-fusions. King Frost, Jack Frost, Pyro Jack, Pixie, Ghoul.

Guled

Tortfeasor said:
It's a Japanese "mall" called Mitsewa. There is one in the Chicago area as well. Pretty cool place, with a grocery, liquor store, toy store, book store, food court, and a few other little shops. Just like Junes!!
Have you tried sticking your head in a TV there?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
truly101 said:
I've decided that Dojima is the Solid Snakiest character not named Solid Snake....if that makes any sense.

:lol Now that I think about it, you're right. I don't know what it is about him, maybe his hair.

mollipen

Tortfeasor said:

Mitsuwa, not Mitsewa. And that gives you a small taste of what a real-life Junes would be like, but a far closer thing is something like Jusco, Daiei, Izumiya, etc., aka the full sized all-in-one types in Japan.

I got a quick question for anyone else who is playing on easy difficulty and had played P3 aswell on easy. Does it seem harder to you? Because im getting my ass handed to me repeatedly where as in p3 i was steam rolling almost all the bosses with relative ease. I know some people in here dislike playing on easy but i just wanted to enjoy the game and hopefully not have to grind as much. Void dungeon boss is killing me slowly :(

Tamanon

Banned
kafka rock opera said:
I got a quick question for anyone else who is playing on easy difficulty and had played P3 aswell on easy. Does it seem harder to you? Because im getting my ass handed to me repeatedly where as in p3 i was steam rolling almost all the bosses with relative ease. I know some people in here dislike playing on easy but i just wanted to enjoy the game and hopefully not have to grind as much. Void dungeon boss is killing me slowly :(

Easy doesn't change anything about the game except giving you those 10 rezzing items. The bosses are still just as tough as normal is. Also they make the bosses harder in this game and require more customization of your Personas to make up for the fact that there are a lot fewer of them.

zoku88

Pop On Arrival said:
Goddamn, Yukiko is a bitch. She totally shot Yosuke down when he asked for her number.
I don't know, man. If you were a girl, would you really give someone like Yosuke your number?

Tamanon said:
Easy doesn't change anything about the game except giving you those 10 rezzing items. The bosses are still just as tough as normal is. Also they make the bosses harder in this game and require more customization of your Personas to make up for the fact that there are a lot fewer of them.
This is bull shit. Im actually pretty pissed about this now, if i wanted to play on normal i would have selected that instead of easy. Hrm guess ill be grinding now hooray.

JEKKI

MarkMan said:
This is what my Junes in San Diego looks like..

tenpoimg.jpg

^_^
awwww you're a caca~!!!

all the ones I go to (Santa Monica and Costa Mesa) have the eating areas in the back...

nowhere near those sunny doors...

I swear, eating with all that sunlight must feel hella refreshing... I wanna eat there one day...

Blackjack

kafka rock opera said:
This is bull shit. Im actually pretty pissed about this now, if i wanted to play on normal i would have selected that instead of easy. Hrm guess ill be grinding now hooray.
Dude, the game isn't hard to begin with, and now you have ten continues. What more do you want from them? :lol

Tamanon

Banned
Basically Easy mode eliminates you losing an hour or two of dungeon progress because of an Enemy First. You should never be using your continues on bosses anyways.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
omfg at the Camp scenario :lol
The botched curry, fat chick, Kanji shackin' up, Yosuke packing female swimwear, Kanji Nosebleed, being thrown into Morooka vomit

and who will love Hanako chan? ;_;

n54wwo.jpg

Blackjack

There were only two things I disliked about the Campout.

Yosuke's homophobia and the whole "IT'S FUNNY 'CAUSE SHE'S FAT! GETIT!?" thing.

Yukiko alone made up for both of those, though. "Maybe if I just cover her nose and mouth she'll stop..."

Blackjack said:
There were only two things I disliked about the Campout.

Yosuke's homophobia and the whole "IT'S FUNNY 'CAUSE SHE'S FAT! GETIT!?" thing.

Yukiko alone made up for both of those, though. "Maybe if I just cover her nose and mouth she'll stop..."
Yeah, that kind of put me off. :\

Top Bottom