• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 delayed to April 4, JP voices available as free DLC at launch

When will Persona 5 actually be released in the west?

Results are only viewable after voting.

notaskwid

I remember readind people on gaf saying that Atlus didn't have dual voice in their games because games with dual voice sell less since people are biased against japanese.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
FUCK YEAH. JP voices <3 don't care about the delay. good that I was lazy with canceling my CE pre-order

why didn't you just import if the Japanese voices were that important to you?

import tax. the game for ps4 from amazon.japan including import tax/customs is just as much as the german collectors edition.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Lul well at least it makes it worth considering to double dib.
What would it take to convince them to also include the JP text? Then I don't have to switch discs.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I honestly don't get why dual audio somehow makes the delay okay. No account states that the two were related. The only thing I could imagine would be having to re-adjust timers on speech length before moving cutscenes forward and the like.

They basically held up Dual audio as a 'hey, look at this shiny thing' to bury the delay announcement.

And while I'm not saying dual audio isn't a great option for those who want it, it's also something that really should have never been this big of a deal in the first place.

Honestly I just want a basic reason like is it the fan response to what has been shown of the English build or what?

Even if it is, they'll never actually say this. It would be throwing someone absolutely under the bus.

2014 -> 2015 -> 2016 -> 2017 -> later 2017

Oh boy.

At least the delays are getting shorter in between!

:(

Nachos

As if they would ever admit that it was because of the Japanese audio. That's like asking your fanbase to tear itself apart.
People can put together undubs in less than a day. I can't imagine a language toggle would take much more time. I can't think of a way they'd be able to blame the dual audio anyway.

BriGuy

My wife ordered this for me for Valentines day :(

What a load of shit. "That's ok, (insert quarter and year here) was stacked anyway!" No it fucking wasn't. Not for me. This generation has given me less games to play or look forward to than any other.

Fbh

Great new to be honest.

February was too crowded. No I won't have to miss other games AND we are getting Japanese audio which is fantastic news

Cubas

Seven month gap between japanese and western release for a game that is Atlus' flagship title (in console space anyway) is not great.

Especially when Square is releasing FFXV simultaneously worldwide. I know that a worldwide release for Persona 5 would be expecting too much from ATLUS, but damn. Seven months is A LOT. The difference should be 4 months top.

Zhao_Yun

Smh @ all people who think the game is getting delayed because of Dual-Audio.

Only question for me now is whether EU will get the Dual Audio DLC as well at launch.

hemo memo

Gold Member
"Enough delays that time loops back on itself and we hit the original release of Winter 2014"lol I love GAF mods.

Heartfyre

Good! Far too much releasing in January and February. Something had to give, and it may as well be this.

Now SEGA/Atlus won't be contributing to cannibalising their upcoming Yakuza 0 release. Other publishers can cannibalise it instead.

And hopefully the "quality" reasons for delaying this include improving that in-game font. It needs to happen.

ghibli99

Would have played it in English, but I'm super-happy that we'll officially have the Japanese language version with subtitles. I can wait... so many goddamned games to play in the meantime.

Especially when Square is releasing FFXV simultaneously worldwide. I know that a worldwide release for Persona 5 would be expecting too much from ATLUS, but damn. Seven months is A LOT. The difference should be 4 months top.

Square's also delayed FFXV for like, what, 8 years at this point

Steiner

Banned
Port begging is a no-no.

Mixed feelings about the delay. On the one hand, another fucking delay?! On the other, I probably would've left it till after that insane Jan/Feb lineup anyway (need to give it more time to breath). Still disappointing.

Wasn't port begging, breh. Just making a joke. I have a PS4 (and the P5 Japanese CE for that matter).

Opa-Pa

Oh god, is this game secretly competing with Breath of The Wild to see which releases last or something? Come on, I've been trying to be patient but this is pushing it.

I don't even care about dual audio either so that's little consolation, but I GUESS I'm happy for people who wanted the feature. Sigh.

Setsu00

People can put together undubs in less than a day. I can't imagine a language toggle would take much more time. I can't think of a way they'd be able to blame the dual audio anyway.

Maybe there were additional negotiations with the Japanese cast necessary?

Top Bottom