• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 delayed to April 4, JP voices available as free DLC at launch

When will Persona 5 actually be released in the west?

Results are only viewable after voting.
The early portion of the year is pretty packed as it is so I will accept the delay in exchange for dual audio.

edit: WE GOT DUAL AUDIO BREHS

**THOSE WHO WANT IT CAN HAVE IT AND THOSE WHO DON'T, DON'T HAVE TO CARE — EVERYBODY WINS**

Also, all of us EU players should be long immune to the pain of Atlus delayed releases.

FluxWaveZ

If the release window for western version was announced at February 2014 for "2015". Then how is it that I captured that pic in the following April saying "Winter 2014"? I'm genuinely more confused right now.

Because that was the Japanese website.

Japanese website = Winter 2014
NA website = 2015

That's how it was. For a very long time until the SCEJA conference of 2014 when the PS4 version was announced.

Here, I wrote this whole Persona 5 timeline article on January 1, 2016: http://personacentral.com/persona-5-timeline/

Because that was the Japanese website.

Japanese website = Winter 2014
NA website = 2015

That's how it was. For a very long time until the SCEJA conference of 2014 when the PS4 version was announced.
Huh, then maybe I am remembering it wrong. If that's the case then thanks for clearing it up.

3 US delays then. I'll be sure to post the correct pictures in the next delay thread.

Galang

Banned
Best of both worlds. I personally don't care for dual audio, but it's nice that it's there so people can decide. Delay sucks, but it's only two months. Hardly anything to lose sleep over. No need to riot over every little thing

VegiHam

I can see how you'd have a different view of real life vs anime. My exposure to anime more or less began with Japanese and subs, so anything of that style is relatively hard coded in my brain to expect Japanese. I could offset that expectation to a certain extent for things obviously not set in Japan, but once the location is Japan, I just can't turn off the "this is wrong" signals lol.

That said, my preference for Japanese audio in Japanese games also comes from a preference to have things as close to the source as possible (without needing to learn to read/write the language). I'm not a fan of heavy localization and enforcing western ideals, etc.

Ah, see, I saw a lot of Dubbed Anime when I was younger, and I don't watch enough of it to ever have to use subs; so I guess it's just not as ingrained a habit.

See, I'm happier with a dub because accuracy to the source really isn't much of a priority for me. I prefer a localisation that can convey the plot and themes in a way that's easy to understand; and the easiest way, for me at least, is definitely spoken English.

sagat2036

I bet the 4 ppl on the stream are the only ppl working on US release of the game.

edit: forgot dude on the left side of couch was MC VA. Well... 3 ppl.

Oh hey, John just confirmed my suspicion: there are now lines that are voiced which originally weren't.

I bet the 4 ppl on the stream are they only ppl working on US release of the game.

Definitely not. Earlier in the stream one of the panelists mentioned they had at least a dozen people working on the localisation.

Well, it's better they announced that now than in January. But it's still disappointing. The dual audio is a nice option, though I generally really liked the English VA on Persona 3 so it wasn't a big deal for me.

I'm not a fan of the new box art though. Way too busy.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I bet the 4 ppl on the stream are they only ppl working on US release of the game.

Well, seeing as one of them is a VA.....

Anywho, confirmed that the delay is going through 2nd/3rd/etc...pass of the subs, and adding in new VO lines to stuff that was not voiced in Japan.

Personally.....ehhhhhh, but better than there just being errors or whatnot to fix.

pixxxelz

Obligatory.

P5-Winter-PS3-Ann.jpg

Meia

No, dual audio was planned no matter what.

Planned when? A month ago they were saying they were trying really hard to get the OK from Atlus JPN to do it, since there was an outcry for the Western release to have it.

Now we have it on the same breath we find about a delay, but the two are TOTALLY unrelated, nothing to see here. :p

Korigama

The ride never ends with this game. Having the original JP voices wasn't make or break for me, but having more options for the sake of it is nice.

convo

Who knows, Atlus isn't high budget like Sqaure who can afford infinite dubs + a german dub i didn't ask for eventhough i'm a german fan and a CG prequel-movie.

True Fire

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a God

I was having legitimate anxiety over Persona 5, Nioh, NieR Automata, Horizon, Yakuza, Gravity Rush, Resident Evil 7, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, and whatever else I'm forgetting.

All we have to do now is delay Horizon to the summer and Nioh or NieR to March and I'll be financially stable.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Yes! Thanks Altus. Now to complete the other games in January.

People here saying there are a lot of big games coming out in 2017 - like what?
Yakuza 0 is the biggest one but we have some other niche stuff like Horizon, For Honor, Mass Effect and that one other game that I keep forgetting its name.... Aha, RE7.

Yakuza 0 is definitely the highlight though, so you should check it out.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Planned when? A month ago they were saying they were trying really hard to get the OK from Atlus JPN to do it, since there was an outcry for the Western release to have it.

Now we have it on the same breath we find about a delay, but the two are TOTALLY unrelated, nothing to see here. :p

How about offer it on a free patch later?

Top Bottom