• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 delayed to April 4, JP voices available as free DLC at launch

When will Persona 5 actually be released in the west?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mortemis

Banned
One day, I hope and OP or a mod puts up a poll with multiple joke answers and only one serious answer. See if people would gravitate to the serious one just because or still pick a joke one.

NeoGAF social experiments.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Could someone please provide me the source of the "Re-recording names for pronunciation" tidbit I've been hearing now? Outside of the remaining VA performances and Makoto, the pronunciation has been my only real gripe with the VA so far.

John mentioned that 'they're looking into it' in the end QA portion of the livestream.

No official confirmation of re-recording, afaik

I didn't want to choose between this and Horizon, so it's not the worst thing in the world. Though if I'm being honest I'd rather Persona be the one to come out in February.

artsi

Oh hey, John just confirmed my suspicion: there are now lines that are voiced which originally weren't.

That's great because the Japanese version has way too little voice acting.

Too many times I've thought, "wait this is important stuff, why is this conversation not voiced?!"

I wonder if they used too expensive VA's with too small budget or something.

Legit disappointed. Not enough to refuse the game but this is more than a little annoying. Shoddy planning.

Dual Audio should never have been a 'maybe'. Using it as sugar to make this go down easy is silly.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Everyone always picks the joke option.

Aenima

What a big bag of bull crap.
The dual audio is awesome news. But the delay sucks, and on top of it the theme is for US only? I can use the theme in my american account but is locked on my European account.

EDIT: Setting the American account as primary let me use the theme in the other accounts.

Could someone please provide me the source of the "Re-recording names for pronunciation" tidbit I've been hearing now? Outside of the remaining VA performances and Makoto, the pronunciation has been my only real gripe with the VA so far.

On that topic, I hope Makoto improves from Trailer>Game like Ryuji did. She's a bit too high pitched right now IMO based on the trailer alone.

Cassandra Lee Morris has also posted her own BTS Video for P5.

They said they are recording lines that were not planned before. But this actually makes me wonder if they are including new lines in both English and Japanese or if some of the Japanese Audio wasn't going to be dubbed.

About the pronunciation they do mention that they are "looking into it" and that we'd found out about that later.

Everything is on archive of the stream... about 2 hours and 15 min.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
The dual audio is awesome news. But the delay sucks, and on top of it the theme is for US only? FU Atlus. I can use the theme in my american account but is locked on my European account.

Theme for Europe is coming out at a later date (next week, I think)

Kuni

Aww that's a shame but understandable. I can wait a bit longer for this one. It's going to be so good. I appreciated their frankness and the Dual Audio DLC.

Caim

The dual audio is awesome news. But the delay sucks, and on top of it the theme is for US only? FU Atlus. I can use the theme in my american account but is locked on my European account.

Make the american account primary and you can use it I think.

I did that and could use all my JP PSN themes.

Wellll....

There's other stuff to play so eh.

Dragon Quest VIII. Nioh. Horizon. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 +2.5. Nintendo Switch. Nier. I mean, there's enough to choose from.

Reduced load times + >1080p resolution would be nice. Nothing essential but that's some stuff they could do to make the game pop even more.

Are the loadings really that long on OG PS4? Haven't seen any footage of the game in a long time so I'm genuinely wondering. If it is then I think it says more about Atlus not optimizing the game for PS4 than needing extra power to achieve it on Pro, since OG PS4 and PS3 versions look pretty identical. (and both run at 30fps)

Idk about resolution though. If the game is using assets that were made for PS3 then I think it won't look very good on higher resolutions like 4K.

Top Bottom