• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 delayed to April 4, JP voices available as free DLC at launch

When will Persona 5 actually be released in the west?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Kind of hope for really simple PS4 Pro implementation like higher resolution with the extra time, but I am pretty sure the reasons for this delay are only applying to the localization team and the core development team in Japan is wrapped and not doing additional work. I also think that since the game has released in Japan, the Sony Pro mode mandate doesn't apply to Persona 5? It certainly doesn't need Pro bells and whistles, but it would be kinda nice to even have simple implementation of Pro features.

Lingitiz

Kind of hope for really simple PS4 Pro implementation like higher resolution with the extra time, but I am pretty sure the reasons for this delay are only applying to the localization team and the core development team in Japan is wrapped and not doing additional work. I also think that since the game has released in Japan, the Sony Pro mode mandate doesn't apply to Persona 5? It certainly doesn't need Pro bells and whistles, but it would be kinda nice to even have simple implementation of Pro features.
Delayed to 2018 because you asked.

Honestly, what kind of Pro features would you even want out of a PS3 game?

DJChuy

I got the email from Best Buy about the release date change :(

Ah well. This gives me more breathing room to play Resident Evil and Kingdom Hearts properly. Let's think positive.

Quonny

Plus more time for complete English trophy guides to come out because I'm sure it has a bunch of super obscure trophies.

Thoraxes

Holy fuck they did it.

I just jumped up and did a fist pump in the break room at work and got looked at weird.

Fuck yessssss

I ain't even sad about the delay.

datwr

Broken heart with another delay, thats that valentines date gone :(

Still very happy with the performance of the english game tho!

God dammit. If this is a delay for dual audio that's fucking stupid. I just want to play the game. Been waiting for persona 5 since 4 came out 8 years ago...

Kaztinka

DYJmVqv.jpg

yup, that's me

Strimei

God dammit. If this is a delay for dual audio that's fucking stupid. I just want to play the game. Been waiting for persona 5 since 4 came out 8 years ago...

From what I've read its some further localization stuff, some new lines being dubbed (that weren't voiced in Japanese), and the like.

Tirod

I'm still plodding through the JP release; I definitely feel bad for you guys having to wait any longer (it's so good) but you'll have access to JP voices now! The acting is fantastic and it's always nice to have options! Even if you think you won't use it, try giving it a shot.

Hopefully Atlus USA hits their April date, one of my friends is devastated right now.

HotHamBoy

I remember when I though Winter 2014 was so far away. Fucking Atlus. They practically skipped an entire generation and still can't get this game out.

Well, they did get the game out... in Japan.

But we got Catherine last gen!

Anyway, this was gonna be my B-Day gift to myself. Guess it's Horizon, then.

kaiwing

Damn, on one hand it's a two month delay, on the other hand it launches on my birthday so I guess that's my birthday present to myself.

Top Bottom