• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit the Amazon JP preorder themes are SO GOOD. I also had some left over Yen so bought the Phantom and Ann themes with avatar sets. Now to wait for the 20th anniv PS4 edition to reach me hopefully by Saturday.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit that in-class music is amazing.

how much of the game is voiced?

Probably about the same amount as P4. Most story stuff is full voiced, but a lot of everyday stuff isn't.

Darksol

Could anyone take a pic/scan of the back of the back of the LE? Pretty please? :D

O8nh2VVh.jpg

Played six hours straight...

The game is amazing, you have some action from the very beginning, a huge improvement over Persona 4 slow start, but I feel the game is taking forever to try to explain what's going on (I'm still in the first week after 6 hours). There's no way the game is 65 hours long.

That teacher is a real asshole... The story is getting sick real quick. Morgana is great. Dunno what else to say, easily one of the best things I've played this year.

ranmafan

Finally got my copy! Now just got to take care of a few things and then it's as much play time tonight as I can do!

putarorex

Played the game for about five hours and only through the first week. It definitely takes some time for it to open up and explain game mechanics. Fantastic atmosphere and amazing UI.

It looks great on the PS4, but it is annoying that there is still some signs in the game world with blurry text. They really stick out next to the rest of the game.

bigjig

Played six hours straight...

The game is amazing, you have some action from the very beginning, a huge improvement over Persona 4 slow start, but I feel the game is taking forever to try to explain what's going on (I'm still in the first week after 6 hours). There's no way the game is 65 hours long.

That teacher is a real asshole... The story is getting sick real quick. Morgana is great. Dunno what else to say, easily one of the best things I've played this year.

Yeah Morgana is great. I love his (her?) interactions with Ryuji in particular. Found myself chuckling at them a couple of times

Meciu

Watched some streams yesterday, jumping from one to another for a few seconds just to see how the game plays and I'm now depressed as fuck having to wait for this game another 6 months...

Dantis

Is there any way to restore SP when in dungeons? I don't seem to have any SP items, either :(

EDIT: Could I also get some help with the
book
puzzle in the first dungeon? Seems like reading might be necessary for this one...

Kanann

12 hours, on May.

Persona 5 so far just as same as P4 (good?) plus many many improvements, why delayed almost 2 years? did upport to PS4 that hard?
one of VA even died while postponing.

Pachael

12 hours, on May.

Persona 5 so far just as same as P4 (good?) plus many many improvements, why delayed almost 2 years? did upport to PS4 that hard?

I'd like to read the dev postmortem on this one day. My thoughts are that it's a combination of the Index brouhaha and internally developed engine (devs have found it hard these past few years in making an engine from scratch)

bluethree

One hour in, (mild story spoiler)
man they really do make the MC feel like a pariah right off the bat, damn. Really feel sorry for the guy. It's such a contrast from say, Innocent Sin, which opens with a supportive teacher asking you what your dream is...

PS3 version runs perfectly fine by the way....it really is just a PS3 game ported up to the PS4.

Setsu00

I'd like to read the dev postmortem on this one day. My thoughts are that it's a combination of the Index brouhaha and internally developed engine (devs have found it hard these past few years in making an engine from scratch)

Hashino has been pretty outspoken about the fact that Index' financial troubles very nearly killed this game.

daevious

Hashino has been pretty outspoken about the fact that Index' financial troubles very nearly killed this game.

There's never been any explicit word on what happened during that time (other than Index was a shady as fuck company), but it was bad enough that Atlus changed their logo as a sign of moving forward.

Gu4n

Game is amazing so far at 8-9 hours in. The return of demon negotiation (and guns) add(s) some much-needed depth to the core battle system. Impressive animations and atmosphere, soundtrack could use a little more variety at times but what's there is excellent. Properly designed dungeons are long overdue; it makes exploration so much more rewarding. Cast is great as usual, Ryuuji/Morgana antics are really refreshing, indeed.

The frequent flash forwards are quite immersion breaking, could've done without those. And, like others have said, the game does get REALLY dark real quickly.

fek

Played a few hours yesterday and gonna play more tonight. Game looks good on the PS3 but loadings bother me a bit.
Getting curious with the way the story is being told in the start.

Gu4n

It's been so long since I last played a Persona game I forgot about the 'you can only do one thing per day' system. Let's see how I best approach this, lol.

muteki

It's been so long since I last played a Persona game I forgot about the 'you can only do one thing per day' system. Let's see how I best approach this, lol.

Is this still pretty much the day structure or is it more divided into time periods like morning/afternoon/evening?

This is one area I was hoping they would improve on, as I kinda found it annoying at first in P4.

ubiblu

Aside from being a massive douche, what is the go with Kamoshida? Is he just an arrogant bully? My Japanese is basic, but having trouble figuring out his connection with Yusuke and the girl.

Zolo

lol. Good luck to those playing not knowing Japanese for some of the activity minigames.

Also, do we know if stats increase more if you do well at the minigames?

Gu4n

i really like that setup. of course that may be because the
prosecutor
is my type so
I'm with you in that one. ;)

Is this still pretty much the day structure or is it more divided into time periods like morning/afternoon/evening?

This is one area I was hoping they would improve on, as I kinda found it annoying at first in P4.
It's exactly the same, yes.

Aside from being a massive douche, what is the go with Kamoshida? Is he just an arrogant bully? My Japanese is basic, but having trouble figuring out his connection with Yusuke and the girl.
He set the bar for his students, even if they're just starting, as high for them as for himself. He resorts to corporal punishment to get his point across.

wmlk

Huh, there are quick cuts to the future in this game? How well does that work? Seems like it goes harshly against the whole idea of the calendar system.

artsi

Huh, there are quick cuts to the future in this game? How well does that work? Seems like it goes harshly against the whole idea of the calendar system.

I don't really like them, it cuts the story flow, but the game is otherwise so great I don't really care to complain that much.

muteki

It's exactly the same, yes.
I guess I'll continue to rationalize that it takes the same amount of time to eat a bowl of ramen than defeating gods lol.

I probably have a better eye for it now but starting with P4 (which was my first) I wasted many days at first because I didn't know what would force you to evening or not, or in what order you should do them to maximize your time.

Beckx

this is just a description of the system but spoilering just in case

it's an in media res opening, where we start an unknown number of months in the future. the protagonist is then asked to tell his story from the beginning. at various points it breaks from the past back to that interrogation moment, where the person asks more questions, etc.

if you've seen movies like The Usual Suspects you're familiar with the setup - i think it's very effective, and here we have no idea yet how far in the future it is, and where things will go.

Gu4n

They're very brief and often increase the tension, but break the immersion regardless. Still, it probably serves a bigger purpose and I can't wait to see how it works towards its climax.

DMB4237

Neo Member
Maaaaaan I've been too slow trying to keep up and translate stuff.

Played 5 hours and just now
got to save in a safe room of the Teacher's castle

I find Morgana and Ryuji much easier to understand. I feel the vocabulary is much simpler to get.
Oh boy Sakura-san says some words that takes me forever to decipher sometimes

I caught a little bit on various streams, this game looks amazing. Man, this game and Gravity Rush 2 have style for days. The illustrations are turned up to 12 in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom