• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigedole

Way too excited for this game, keep the evaluations rolling! I feel like there has to be some deep conspiracy to hide negative info. After FF Type 0 I decided I'd never preorder a game again but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna finally give in for this one haha.

Bl@de

Quoting for new page. Maybe somebody has an answer:

I'm curious. How is the PS3 version? Stable 720/30? Load times? Assets looked the same for PS3/4. It's a new game for a 10 year old console (and not some gimped version) after all. Doesn't happen anymore for major releases.

So what are the impressions in Japan from review publications like? I know it received 39/40 in Famitsu, but as many said, those reviews are meaningless.

Kysen

Just put in 2hrs and wow this game is a massive step up over the last few. Anime cutscenes galore and lots of voiced stuff. The story so far has me hooked. MC is a badass, first persona activation scene was ace.

Persona games are pretty text intensive so it might be a struggle if you're between N3 and N2. It might be a good learning experience but it'll be tough.

That's what I figured. I'm sure it would be a good learning experience, but I don't think I want to treat one of my most anticipated games as a learning expeirence, heh.

N2 should be sufficient to enjoy Persona 5, but I find it hard to imagine that wouldn't suffice for Odin Sphere. Haven't played the latter in Japanese, though, but I assume it uses lot of archaic constructions.

That was my problem with it. There were a looot of kanji I didn't know despite knowing the mandatory ~2,100. That and the fact that the important story bits auto-progressed rather than requiring a button press. I'm much better at reading than listening.

Lynx_7

So what are the impressions in Japan from review publications like? I know it received 39/40 in Famitsu, but as many said, those reviews are meaningless.

Apparently those mythical things known as reviews are an exclusive Famitsu comodity in Japan. :p

It's reviewing pretty well in Amazon JP for whatever that's worth.

Setsu00

Apparently those mythical things known as reviews are an exclusive Famitsu comodity in Japan. :p

It's reviewing pretty well in Amazon JP for whatever that's worth.

Some complaints from the 1 star reviews:

- The Phantom Thief concept is shit, the masks are gaudy and the school life aspect is boring
- The battle system is monotonous
- Atlus needs to learn how to make games
- Igor's new VA sucks and the cinematography is worse than P4's
- Someone renamed the game to "Owasona" (owari = end, final -> "the last Persona game I'll ever play)
- The breasts of the female characters are too large as it discriminates women with smaller boobs
- Someone is annoyed by the fact that the Personas in this game are mostly not from Japan and encourages Atlus to be more patriotic

Shouta

How many hours into the game are you?

About 14-15 right now.

- The Phantom Thief concept is shit, the masks are gaudy and the school life aspect is boring
- Someone renamed the game to "Owasona" (owari = end, final -> "the last Persona game I'll ever play)
- The breasts of the female characters are too large as it discriminates women with smaller boobs
- Someone is annoyed by the fact that the Personas in this game are mostly not from Japan and encourages Atlus to be more patriotic

So these are trolling complaints! lol

RocBase

Has anyone successfully downloaded the PSN themes yet? This morning I was getting some error message and it seemed to be a widespread PSN theme thing. Wondering if it was fixed yet.

Yeah I managed to download 2 of them but that was last night.

EDIT:
Yeah it's great lol

Teddy: "Sensei I'm helpless pls help me find myself"
Morgana: "Ok noobs, I'm telling you how all this shit works, follow me!"

haha, yessss!!!

not that the bar from teddie was very high to begin with tho

yes im fully prepared to take shit from all 4 of you teddie stans

Setsu00

Wait, that was all ONE review? I thought you were listing points from multiple.

It's a compilation of all seven reviews that currently gave the game with one star, but my favorite complaints are all from a single one. There's even an introductory paragraph in which the author details the process of how he got the game.

Lmfao.

This is killing me.

bluethree

The game isn't exactly N3 level friendly, but the voice/text log makes things a LOT easier for people of any level jumping into this. Easier to take your time, look up words, go back to previous parts you might have not understood. I'm between N2/N1 myself and still have to look a lot of things up. Then again, my skills are getting kinda rusty these days.

I just woke up way too early (only 5 hours) and said fuck it, I'm going back in instead of trying to sleep :)

barybll

Banned
So how is it??

I really really want to play more
And at the same time I really really want to wait for the NA version so I can have a full experience rather than incomplete one.

Its great, pick persona and raise its production value by tenfold and you get p5

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

These sound like childish 4chan posts turned into reviews.

Lunar15

I asked this earlier, but I understandably didn't get a response because it was a little early:

How is demon negotiation? Does it hurt the speed and flow of the battle system? Is it annoying to have the main battle music change into a different song when you go into hold up? Are you constantly engaging in negotiation, or do you go AOA most of the time?

How is demon negotiation? Does it hurt the speed and flow of the battle system? Is it annoying to have the main battle music change into a different song when you go into hold up? Are you constantly engaging in negotiation, or do you go AOA most of the time?

It's great so far. The music doesn't reset in and out of battle/in and out of negotiation, so it just fades back in quite nicely.

Jiraiza

Come on 2chan, where's the "DO NOT CONSORT WITH FOREIGNERS" review.

I'm (almost) at the end of the first palace, and I'm a bit disappointed (though I understand why story-wise) that they say we can't revisit them after we
send the advance notice and steal the treasure

I hope the personas appearing within it are able to be encountered elsewhere.

Xypher

I'm (almost) at the end of the first palace, and I'm a bit disappointed (though I understand why story-wise) that they say we can't revisit them after we
send the advance notice and steal the treasure

I hope the personas appearing within it are able to be encountered elsewhere.
Yeah, after you finish the first palace you unlock
Mementos, which is a randomized dungeon which works kind of like tartarus did, you can only advance so far and by progressing you unlock more floors, and in there you will encounter most personas from the palaces.

bluethree

4 1/2 hours in, damn they really knocked it out of the park. I'm not even out of the intro bits yet and this definitely has the potential to be one of the best games ever.

Story spoiler
They don't really pull any punches with how shitty that teacher is too, WOW.

Only about 2-3 hours in so far, and this game just oozes with style and polish. Moving a bit slower than usual because of having to look up words here and there, but I've been surprised with how manageable the game has been with JLPT2/3 proficiency (although I'm generally stronger with kanji).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom