• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darksol

I'd agree with this response as well. Also living and working in Japan, and a bit above N3 level for kanji and vocabulary, and I'm finding it manageable. Personally, I think if you're dedicated to studying Japanese and your kanji level is decent or above that, I'd recommend it as a way to kinda force yourself to study since you'd be motivated in knowing what's happening in the game without having played an English version first.

I'll also vouch for this. I'm N3ish, also living in Japan, and the game is manageable. A lot still goes over my head and I'm learning a fuckton of new vocabulary, but it's doable, and I'm getting the gist of all the major plot points.

My girlfriend is N2 if not a bit better and she has very little trouble at all, apart from some of the more archaic language or really peculiar speech.

Xypher

I haven't read in my room yet, but I assume you can? Maybe the couch? I'm not sure. All of my reading has been on the train and the counter downstairs so far.

Thank you for telling me about the counter, you can also read in the library during daytime, by the way.

Soulstar

I got my copy about 3 hours ago. I'll probably sit on it for a while because I don't feel my Japanese is at the level to play this game.

I do have to say that Amazon JP doesn't mess around when it comes to shipping. I was definitely not expecting this bad boy to show up so quickly.

NesFe

I'm about 10 hours in and I love it. It's too stylish sometimes though, especially when playing soon after waking up. Anyways, question :

Where do I sell "換金" items for money? isn't that what they are for ?

Played about an hour and a half last night. Not too bad at all for N2~3 level, though I had to look up a quite a few words. Game seems great so far.

muteki

ROsjAsG.jpg

IN.

Rpgmonkey

Got my copy today.

To be honest I don't really know much about this game lol, didn't keep up with it much. All I know is that you're thieves, you have guns as a weapon option, and I think you can negotiate with the enemies?

Hope it's a fun ride.

NeonZ

I still don't understand why some people use the "official" name for their character

Although you're the one choosing how the character behaves and develops his abilities, it's not like you can customize his appearance or background.

Thank the divines, my CE actually came today. I can't say I didn't expect or know it already but the art book is pretty barebones, although nice.

Time to dive in.

salromano

Man... I tweeted out about the Persona 5 launch celebration live stream that's happening at TGS 2016 from the Gematsu account, and someone responded with a possible major spoiler and an image. Not sure if it's legit, I saw it for a second and looked away from my phone. (Obviously don't check that tweet by itself if you don't want to potentially be spoiled because the spoiler response will show below it.)

Just so bummed out. =/

Setsu00

Man... I tweeted out about the Persona 5 launch celebration live stream that's happening at TGS 2016 from the Gematsu account, and someone responded with a possible major spoiler and an image. Not sure if it's legit, I saw it for a second and looked away from my phone. (Obviously don't check that tweet by itself if you don't want to potentially be spoiled because the spoiler response will show below it.)

Just so bummed out. =/

Some people are sending out spoilers to anybody who mentions Persona 5 on social media. It's so childish.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Are there spoilers in the art book? I'll be doing an unboxing of the CE

Not really, there's nothing that hasn't already been shown in trailers and such. It doesn't show Goro's phantom costume or Persona, and it doesn't show bosses past the third dungeon. It's very light on spoilers.

Setsu00

Yeah. Definitely make sure to do this. Not sure how it'll be for those trying to avoid spoilers until February though. :/

It's been working out great so far. Just make sure that you avoid the usual places and you should be fine - at least, that's how I'm doing it.

I'm getting owned by the
Berith mobs
late in the first dungeon. They have a high chance of killing my characters in a single hit.
I don't have an ice persona yet, and I have no slots to get a Silky. I could fuse one, but I have this habit of refusing to fuse an ingredient persona unless it's learned all its skills already...

expel

I just finished the first dungeon last night n so far i'm loving it. About Jpnese skill level think i'm just around N2, i have played a lot of Japanese games n not living in Japan. Also playing FFXIV on Jpn server n raiding with a fixed Jpn team helps a lot.

Voror

Are skills for Personas when fusing still determined randomly or do they let you suggest which skills you want them to inherit?

expel

Are skills for Personas when fusing still determined randomly or do they let you suggest which skills you want them to inherit?

Still random i believe at least so far
Maybe I misunderstood what you meant, if the system in persona 4 is what you meant then it's the same, when u fuse they let you select the skill you want to keep but those list of skills are not all that the 2 demons you are trying to fuse has the game select a list of skills for you to choose.

Voror

Still random i believe at least so far

I was hoping they might have brought over that feature from games like the Devil Survivor series. Just made the process a bit less tedious then trying to roll the set you wanted at that time.

Guess Who

Banned
I was hoping they might have brought over that feature from games like the Devil Survivor series. Just made the process a bit less tedious then trying to roll the set you wanted at that time.

P4G had it as well, so I think it'd be weird if it's not in the game at all. Maybe it's unlocked later?

muteki

After entering in the 20th anniversary code, I got 1 theme and some avatars. Should I have a second theme, and should the alt costumes be available yet?

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
After entering in the 20th anniversary code, I got 1 theme and some avatars. Should I have a second theme, and should the alt costumes be available yet?

There's only one theme. For some reason, the digital version comes with two themes, but the physical comes with one. That said, the one that comes with the physical version is far nicer in my opinion.
As for the costumes, check the box in your room, you get them from there.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Holy shit, this first arc is dark...

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Heh,
there's a Yandere girl hiding behind a corner just staring at a boy, muttering to herself about their relationship on the second floor of the school.

Just so bummed out. =/

Some people are sending out spoilers to anybody who mentions Persona 5 on social media. It's so childish.

What the fuck. People are needlessly cruel.

raven777

For those who have the 20th anniversary physical version: Is the 20th anniversary DLC code paper outside the game case, or inside ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom