• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yeah, there was basically a question that was like "who can I rely on~" and I saw 自分 and to me that means "be strong and rely on yourself" and then thought, hmm, why are they embraci....fuck.
In your defense, your way of thinking makes sense (I don't remember/haven't seen that cinversation) depending on how you look at it. :p

raven777

new Dengeki Playstation cover

CthVPdYVUAQ5L40.jpg:large

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
About the NG+ bonuses
Futaba was mai waifu at the end of my game, and she gave me a key item on Christmas in addition to her key item on the last day of the game. When I started NG+ there was a tutorial prompt that said that carrying a persona of her arcana would allow me to level up her link faster. Does this mean that I will score points with her by carrying Hermit personas, even if I'm not actively spending time with her?

I think it's a bonus on top of the normal bonus you get at least it reads like that.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Someone really needs to tell atlus to finally balance hassou tobi. xD Jeeez...
Also can't believe that I went straight into NG+ I thought I would need a little break but concentrating on a very gameplay focused run seemed to enticing with all these Persona making systems.

Shouta

Dunno how it was in P4G but Hassou Tobi has the the lowest normal tier for a physical attack despite being 8 hits. So despite being 8 hits, it's about even or maybe a little more powerful than the Tier 5 attacks (Brave Blade/Zapper & Godhand).

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I'm curious, how many saves does the game let you have?

Dunno how it was in P4G but Hassou Tobi has the the lowest normal tier for a physical attack despite being 8 hits. So despite being 8 hits, it's about even or maybe a little more powerful than the Tier 5 attacks (Brave Blade/Zapper & Godhand).

Need to test more and compare if the numbers compared with the other attacks are closer this time around but buffed Hassou Tobi against a debuffed target still does obscene levels of dmg. In P4G I think it was something like 4 times if not more of what a buffed god hand did.

realdragon75

Neo Member
Hi everyone, new to gaf over here. I have a question, but I didn't wanted to search too much around the web for fear of getting spoiled.

Have the illustration for the persona status been updated? Meaning, Atlus has been using the same illustration for say, Lucifer, Abaddon, Surt, basically every Angel/archangel in the list, and so on, for many games. My question is, even if the 3D model is the same classic look, have at least the illustrations been updated? This is a small nuance, but it does bother me to see such different contrast not only in style and line-weight, but also in color and presence. If anyone could answer me, I would really appreciate it. Can't wait for this game.

Guys it seems i'm missing something.

Let's say that i have 1 memento mission available , but i've already completed the story dongeon for that part of the month. How do i gather my teammates ?

I feel like i'm missing something very basic here. I understand that i can go
during some sundays by talking to morgana , but how do i do that during the week ?

Apologises for the basic question

65 hours in, 5th dungeon done. Managed to do this one in a single day. I have yet to max out my parameters though and I have yet to get any Coop to rank 10. I feel like I should be doing better than this.

Let's say that i have 1 memento mission available , but i've already completed the story dongeon for that part of the month. How do i gather my teammates ?
You have to go to the hideout/アジト, which you can do by simply using the R1 menu. Then you have to select the option to look at the requests and then go to Mementos.Hope I explained it well enough, feel free to ask for a better explanation :D

Guys it seems i'm missing something.

I feel like i'm missing something very basic here. I understand that i can go
during some sundays by talking to morgana , but how do i do that during the week ?

Apologises for the basic question

They just magically gather if you go to your meeting place. It should be a shortcut in your R1 quicktravel menu. Or are you saying that option is gone, too?

Hi everyone, new to gaf over here. I have a question, but I didn't wanted to search too much around the web for fear of getting spoiled.

Have the illustration for the persona status been updated? Meaning, Atlus has been using the same illustration for say, Lucifer, Abaddon, Surt, basically every Angel/archangel in the list, and so on, for many games. My question is, even if the 3D model is the same classic look, have at least the illustrations been updated? This is a small nuance, but it does bother me to see such different contrast not only in style and line-weight, but also in color and presence. If anyone could answer me, I would really appreciate it. Can't wait for this game.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question, but the 3d models have been updated, and in the status screen it's just their 3d models without any other illustration.

You have to go to the hideout/アジト, which you can do by simply using the R1 menu. Then you have to select the option to look at the requests and then go to Mementos.Hope I explained it well enough, feel free to ask for a better explanation :D

They just magically gather if you go to your meeting place. It should be a shortcut in your R1 quicktravel menu. Or are you saying that option is gone, too?

See ? i knew this was a dumb question .

Thanks for the replies.
In my gameplay loop i always went to the hideout when someone prompted me to do so , then ( force of habbit ) i was looking for the option when speaking to someone too.( or a floating invisible door , like when you want to see Igor ) i only used the shortcut when i'm in the dongeon so i totally forgot that that option was there.( Yes i like walking in this game )

I knew i was missing something VERY obvious

realdragon75

Neo Member
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question, but the 3d models have been updated, and in the status screen it's just their 3d models without any other illustration.

Nope, you answered my question. I had no idea they changed illustrations for 3D models in this game. I think I haven't even seen the persona status menu. Thank you for your answer.

Strimei

I asked this in the community thread but I figure I'll check here to confirm:

What is the costume situation for the characters? Is it like Golden with a lot of options? Or are they all DLC/SMT-franchise-themed?

Platinum already and I'm still in the third dungeon... and I'm liking it a lot.

Also... I just got one of those "special" personae that live inside chests. Are they useful for something?

Shouta

Platinum already and I'm still in the third dungeon... and I'm liking it a lot.

Also... I just got one of those "special" personae that live inside chests. Are they useful for something?

The Treasure Demons? Yeah, very useful. Good for fusions, or Sacrifices (to give more XP to Persona) or as Items.

Soriku

Wait they're actually giving away the Catherine costumes for free for a couple days? That's the main set I want for the song, so it would be awesome if we could get them free for the Western release too.

Finally platinum'd it, took me 210 hours. :(

Game of the year!
How did the 250 Navi lines heard go for you?
It's the trophy I'm fearing the most tbh :(
I'm massively overleveled also, so I know I'm missing lines from having hard enemies fight me.

If only there was a way to know where I stand...I don't know if I should attempt it before my first playthrough ends or just say "eff it" and try to have a lower overall level in the second playthrough (and try to manually keep track of them...ugh)

Could someone help me out a bit with a Memento mission? I'll put in spoilers just in case, it's a B tier one
It's the one about the cheater from the Game Center. I talked with him and then found him in the Memento, but you can't hit; after a bit you get sent back to the entrance. I then talked with him again and went to see the King in Akihabara. I talked to Futaba and she sent the Notice and hacked a website, and so I got the Tower Coop to Rank 1. Is that all there is to this? Can I now go back and defeat said target? Or is there something else I need to do?

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Could someone help me out a bit with a Memento mission? I'll put in spoilers just in case, it's a B tier one
It's the one about the cheater from the Game Center. I talked with him and then found him in the Memento, but you can't hit; after a bit you get sent back to the entrance. I then talked with him again and went to see the King in Akihabara. I talked to Futaba and she sent the Notice and hacked a website, and so I got the Tower Coop to Rank 1. Is that all there is to this? Can I now go back and defeat said target? Or is there something else I need to do?

Nope you should be able to defeat him now.

How did the 250 Navi lines heard go for you?
It's the trophy I'm fearing the most tbh :(
I'm massively overleveled also, so I know I'm missing lines from having hard enemies fight me.

If only there was a way to know where I stand...I don't know if I should attempt it before my first playthrough ends or just say "eff it" and try to have a lower overall level in the second playthrough (and try to manually keep track of them...ugh)

It's surprisingly easy to get, I wasn't even trying anything special and I think I achieved it somewhere in dungeon 6 or 7.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
It's surprisingly easy to get, I wasn't even trying anything special and I think I achieved it somewhere in dungeon 6 or 7.

It's going to be the same as P4G some will just get it without doing anything special some will need to go out of their way and get some special lines like the status effect ones. It's mostly an annoying trophy cause it's kind of work to really keep track of what lines you've already gotten.

FSLink

Banned
It's going to be the same as P4G some will just get it without doing anything special some will need to go out of their way and get some special lines like the status effect ones. It's mostly an annoying trophy cause it's kind of work to really keep track of what lines you've already gotten.
I think there's more lines in P5 so there's a better chance of you getting the requirement anyway.

muteki

Finished the first dungeon/boss, though I haven't been through the aftermath yet. Excited about that. First dungeon spoilers:

Playing on Normal, I was able to finish, well, get to the top initially using two days. I was in no shape to be boss fighting once I got there so I was a bit relieved to see that you are forced out once you get the "treasure". Still though looks like minimum 3-day thing for each dungeon to find the treasure, expose the "culprit", then climb back to the top. Stressful from a scheduling standpoint coming from P3 or 4 where I would get the equivalent accomplished in one day. But I did get a chance to make more lock picks so I was able to open all the chests except one. They alluded to not being able to go back (which I guess makes sense considering the outcome) so I hope the one I left wasn't important.

The boss fight itself was interesting. How he would eat the team members in the chalice for health and not-anne for buffs was amazing. Not-anne could have had a little animation though because she looked like a mannequin being eaten. Boss fight all things considered and compared to past games was pretty easy. I was level 11~10. I went with Ryuji climbing up to knock the crown off, curious how it would have played out differently if I picked someone else, but it was a cakewalk after that.

The atmosphere in the dungeons and how everything perfectly reflects the person in question is really stellar. I hope this continues because I love that part of it.

Looking forward to having some money and free time.

Also, maybe because I haven't really been "grinding" which isn't really feasible at this stage, but my persona's haven't been getting much experience and I think...one may have increased one level in the whole dungeon?

I'd also appreciate a quick way of seeing what my current skills are on all equipped personas while performing fusion. I didn't see an option here and I want to say Q had something similar...can't remember. No biggie I just have a hard time tracking buff and debuff spells especially and I unintentionally fuse a lot of mine away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom