• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

haolee

Neo Member
So is the JP language pack included in the pre-load? It's only 20GB. Will It be available on the store or updated via patch?

It should be available in the store, alongside the other launch DLC, by the time it officially releases. It's not included in the pre-load.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I don't know what to say. The daily tracks stay the same throughout the game, and they're the worst offender. Dungeon tracks can also get repetitive if you stay too long in one, though individually they're far from bad.

I just wanna know why they did this, they worked almost a decade on this game and nobody thought playing the same tracks over and over again will get repetitive after 80+ hours?

I mean just look at this, they composed A TON of music for this game.

The official soundtracks has a total of 110 songs/tracks on it.

81npmo2SUYL._SL1500_.jpg

Why would they only use a few songs for the actual game?? Sorry but this is something that really freakin annoys me.

DNAbro

I just wanna know why they did this, they worked almost a decade on this game and nobody thought playing the same tracks over and over again will get repetitive after 80+ hours?

Why would they only use a few songs for the actual game?? Sorry but this is something that really freakin annoys me.

Well they use all 110 of the tracks. They just use a lot of them sparingly. They probably should have changed the daily tracks at a certain point.

Is this game "simple" to play? I mean for someone who has only played Final Fantasies and Dragon Quest-games.

It's pretty simple in concept so it shouldn't be a problem. Goal of most mob fights is to hit enemies weaknesses with elemental attacks.

Jimrpg

Quick question.

If I buy the Region 3 Asia English version, will the game download the Japanese Audio track automatically as a patch? Or is it DLC I have to download from the Asia PSN store and use my Asia PSN account?

Reason is I haven't set up an Asian region account yet and I'm lazy.

Matsukaze

Is this game "simple" to play? I mean for someone who has only played Final Fantasies and Dragon Quest-games.
I'd say so.

Combat and dungeons are pretty straightforward. You'll want to concentrate on exploiting enemy weaknesses and building a well-rounded team of Personas to handle different enemies. Turn-based combat means that if something goes wrong, you can take a moment to collect yourself and figure out the best move you can make.

Time management is pretty important, though. Much of the game's focus is on the non-combat, social simulator activities, which strengthen the bonds between the MC and the other characters. These are important not only for fleshing out the story but also for the benefits they grant.

For a newcomer, I'd say don't even dream of going for a perfect run. Just do what feels right when it comes to who you want to spend time with and when you want to do dungeon runs.

Tunoku

How is that? Dead Rising-mechanics?

You are not playing with a timer like that, but rather the game plays out over the course of a calendar year. So you wake up on one day, go to school, and then the game gives you a time slot for "after school" where you have to pick which activity you want to do that's available on any given day. You can stand around for 10 hours and time will not pass, but once you've done an activity like spending time with a buddy, it will change from "after school" to "evening". That loop remains for the rest of the game more or less.

haolee

Neo Member
Quick question.

If I buy the Region 3 Asia English version, will the game download the Japanese Audio track automatically as a patch? Or is it DLC I have to download from the Asia PSN store and use my Asia PSN account?

Reason is I haven't set up an Asian region account yet and I'm lazy.

No, you need to download it through the Region 3 store. This is assuming it will be released through the PS Store, since every DLC from the Japanese version also worked this way, even the extra difficulty one.

Why? The gap between 3 and 4 wasn't huge at all. Persona 5 had a troubled development. Now that Atlus has HD assets it shouldn't take that long for Persona 6.

Well The Persona team is working on a new unrelated RPG so that may add to the turn over time as well.

Jimrpg

No, you need to download it through the Region 3 store. This is assuming it will be released through the PS Store, since every DLC from the Japanese version also worked this way, even the extra difficulty one.

Ok thanks a lot for this!

So my Take Your Heart Edition won't get here till Thursday from Amazon. I talked to support and they said there is nothing I could do so I took of Wednesday from work for nothing. They did offer me $40 credit which I took, but this is the game I've been looking forward to most this year. It sucks that I have to wait especially since I bought my girlfriend the PS3 copy so we could play at the same time and now I have to listed to her play in the other room. I guess this gives me a few days to finish up Zelda before I jump in to P5. Everyone else enjoy your copies on release day, I wish I could join you.

Dantis

wait is that right? I thought P-team was continuing to work on Persona but Hashino the director was leading a new team for Project Re:Fantasy

edit:http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/23/14069726/project-re-fantasy-atlus-persona-creators-new-fantasy-rpg
yeah they created a new internal studio.

All the leads have left P Studio to work at Studio Zero.

So they're called P Studio, but lack nearly all key staff. Realistically, it'll be the spinoff team heading up projects going forwards.

As someone whose turn based RPG experience was like you (Only SE games), i just will complete with some pointers what the others already said.

The battle system is a little more interesting, the first time i played Persona 3 on normal was like someone threw cold water on me.

-> Debuffs and buffs are very handy, be at normal enemies be at bosses.

-> Status ailments can be life saving too, the spell that charms all enemies + charm boost (+ chances of charming) = seeing the enemies beating each until death. Saving a lot of SP.

-> SP. Its the "MP" of SMT, when you enter a dungeon all your allies be 100% healed, and you can be at the dungeon for as long as you want.... this mean you will be at the dungeon as long you will have SP.

The rest you will discover naturally when you play it. Just think that instead of over powering everything with your strongest spells you can play smarter in this game.

As I sit here staring at the countdown timer for P5 to unlock, I'd just like to say that I hate all of you who are playing the game already.

DNAbro

For those whose digital version is already pre-loaded, are you in Europe or U.S? I'm just wondering if pre-load isn't up in U.S yet or if something is wrong.

artsi

Best thing to do is clean a dungeon as early as possible but wait with beating the boss until the last day, right?

Just beat the boss and then do whatever for the rest of the month. Story won't advance before a certain day.

Tunoku

For those whose digital version is already pre-loaded, are you in Europe or U.S? I'm just wondering if pre-load isn't up in U.S yet or if something is wrong.

I preordered from a European PS store and preload doesn't seem to be up for me yet, even though the game unlocks in less than 33 hours. Getting concerned with my terrible PSN download speeds.

haolee

Neo Member
Best thing to do is clean a dungeon as early as possible but wait with beating the boss until the last day, right?

You don't have to clear a dungeon as early as possible, you can hold off until there's like two or one week left. Just as long as it's not less than 4 days before deadline. As far as I've seen, there's no penalty or blocked activities if you haven't cleared a dungeon yet.

haolee

Neo Member
How do you take cover in dungeons again? Haven't been able to do it outside of the tutorial.

You'll find out soon enough. There will be a tutorial for it.

How often do you guys change to new armor or weapon? I've been hoping I can find something new from the treasure chests in the palaces

On my Japanese playthrough, I only got maybe 3-4 weapons for each character from treasure chests, if even that. Better to stock up from the store when you go to a new dungeon, or every other dungeon if you don't have that kind of money.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
How do you take cover in dungeons again? Haven't been able to do it outside of the tutorial.

X near any corners or surfaces you can hide behind, but you can't do it until the game gives you a tutorial on it, which should be fairly soon.

squall23

Aww, are the daily tracks that bad? I loved the daily music in P4G especially when you get to January since Snowflakes was the only reason that made that boring event-less month tolerable.

Gestahl

This is the worst way to do it. Party members get real snippy if you leave the boss hanging and won't rank up while you are.

MTC100

Banned
Can someone that has played the game for a bit tell me if the characters of P5 are as compelling as in P4/G? I have very fond memories of some of them so I'm wondering if the P5 crew can compare.

haolee

Neo Member
Can someone that has played the game for a bit tell me if the characters of P5 are as compelling as in P4/G? I have very fond memories of some of them so I'm wondering if the P5 crew can compare.

I feel like individually, they're better than P4's characters. But together as a group of friends, P4's gang felt closer. P4's cast had more moments that showed them together as a group, including their spin-off titles(though I don't feel that the spin-offs did add much in that regard).

Jeb

Anyone know how to make a Shiisha with frie?

Forgot how to find the request till I was too overleveed for it

You'll find out soon enough. There will be a tutorial for it.

On my Japanese playthrough, I only got maybe 3-4 weapons for each character from treasure chests, if even that. Better to stock up from the store when you go to a new dungeon, or every other dungeon if you don't have that kind of money.
Cool someone who has finished the game. Two questions if I may:
1) How lenient is the game's schedule to try and max all confidants in the first playthrough?
2) What's the required Knowledge level to ace each exam? Spoiler tag if you have to

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member

Fuse
Jack Frost
and
Makami
, and inherit Frei.

Not that it's important, but it's strange that the box doesn't have the only on PlayStation on it when in fact it is. Future releases planned?

haolee

Neo Member

Jack Frost + Makami. Make sure Makami already has Frei.

Cool someone who has finished the game. Two questions if I may:
1) How lenient is the game's schedule to try and max all confidants in the first playthrough?
2) What's the required Knowledge level to ace each exam? Spoiler tag if you have to

1) I did everything I could and only got maybe a little over half of the Confidants to max. Some are close to max, the rest were at Rank 5-6. The hard part IMO is getting your social stats(guts, knowledge, etc.) to the required level for half of the Confidants. I didn't manage my time wisely in that regard, but if you're careful you can max them all with some time left, according to the GFAQS guide. Not a lot of room for error, though.

2) I don't know the Knowledge requirements, sorry. If I remember correctly you don't get anything much from acing exams. But you need Rank 3 and 5 Knowledge to
start Priestess Confidant
and
reach rank 7 for Star Confidant
, respectively.

Is there some social link you need to max out or something to get the true ending? IIRC P4G had that with
Marie/Adachi
or something.

haolee

Neo Member
Unless they changed it from the JP version, then no you can't. When you clear the dungeon in that version, you cannot progress party member social links until you beat the boss.

Oh, sorry. I thought you meant when you're still in the dungeon, not after you
send the calling card
. But as long as you don't
reach the treasure
, party member can still be ranked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom