• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Certinty

How does safe mode work?

I remember in Persona 4 Golden's very easy it would bring you back to life mid-battle.

I've died a few times and it's just letting me restart the battle? Not too sure if the enemy's health is replenishing or not though.

Amazon just charged me for the preorder, now my order status is "Shipping Today" (which is Sunday night for me in California). Will I actually get it tomorrow night or early Tuesday morning? I won't get my hopes up.

mrmickfran

It finally shipped thank goodness

And USPS is delivering which means I don't have to worry about it delivering if I go out

Yesssss

Amazon just charged me for the preorder, now my order status is "Shipping Today" (which is Sunday night for me in California). Will I actually get it tomorrow night or early Tuesday morning? I won't get my hopes up.
You'll more than likely get it on Tuesday. They just charged my card as well.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Maybe it's just me but normal is harder than P4 normal.

pablito

Finished the second dungeon today, and the story for the third is about to start.

This is definitely on track to becoming my favorite Persona and GOTG.

Still haven't been charged or updated or anything. I went from "Shipping March 31st" to "Shipping Soon" and it's been stuck at "Preparing Shipment, Arriving Tuesday" for 3-4 days now. A CS rep told me it would be shipping today. (That was this morning)

It's now 9PM PST, should I be getting Amazon CS on the line and asking for answers?

When does the game become available digitally? Amazon won't ship my order until the 10th it says and I keep wanting it now so I may just cancel the amazon order and use my amazon credit on PSN credit. If its midnight EST tomorrow like Nintendo's games then all the better. But I am unfamiliar with PS midnight launches so I don't know.

RIP in piece beautiful steel book.

pablito

In the first exhibition room? The large golden statue where he's chucking his pupils?

I can't remember the exact room but it's pretty close to where you find out that you need a password. From the terminal walk out and back track and it's right there.

Meanwhile my Standard Edition Amazon copy hasn't budged since I pre-ordered it last year and is currently scheduled to ship on the 7th. Yes.... APRIL 7th.

I want to curl up into a ball and despair.

TheFatMan

As someone who is going to be new to this series, and doesn't always have a lot of time to waste this time of year.

Should I play this game on easy or normal? I don't mind a challenge, but I also don't like losing tons of playtime to a game over screen with my limited schedule on the weekdays.

Should I stick to Easy or will Normal be fun but not overwhelming in the "oh you got one shot and lost an hour of play" type of shit in it?

As someone who is going to be new to this series, and doesn't always have a lot of time to waste this time of year.

Should I play this game on easy or normal? I don't mind a challenge, but I also don't like losing tons of playtime to a game over screen with my limited schedule on the weekdays.

Should I stick to Easy or will Normal be fun but not overwhelming in the "oh you got one shot and lost an hour of play" type of shit in it?

You're free to switch between difficulties at any time, and there are no trophies tied to difficulty. I'd say start on Normal, then drop down to Easy if you're struggling and back up if you feel you want more or a challenge.

The only exception is the easiest difficulty, Safety. Choose that, and you're locked into it unless you start a new game.

As for me, Hard all the way. I played P3 and P4/P4G on Hard the first time through.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is this confirmed to be a worldwide release?

even in Europe? like are we part of the world? we usually get games 3 days later >_>

Jotakori

One of those unlucky ppl who won't be getting the game from amazon until thursday. :(
I know some also had this date and have called and got it fixed/changed, but mine was pre-orderd through a friend as a gift so that isn't really an option for me.
Ah well, I have a ton of work to get done so I probably wouldn't get much of a chance to play it if it came on time anyway. Still, I'm so impatient I just want to be able to own it and ogle the game in person already dang it lol

is there a way to recover SP? i have zero SP and im on the second floor, and im 1 day away from game over.

Restart man....

If you have 1 day left then there is no way you can engage the boss with 0 sp. Unless you can make it to the
Treasure room
today its over.

EDIT: or load an early save.

is there a way to recover SP? i have zero SP and im on the second floor, and im 1 day away from game over.

“Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey, one is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler’s story live on, treasured by those who bid him farewell. But alas, now my guest’s life has ended, his tale left unwritten…”

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I just finally realized what made P5 battle footage look different from P3 and 4. You're fighting demons SMT-style now, not shadows. It's really been a long time since P4G...

What really ticks me off sometimes is when a package arrives at an Amazon facility and it stays there the whole day with no progress at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom