• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright question to those who have beaten the game
do you need to bring a matching persona for the Sun arcana or does it auto-level up like the Devil arcana from persona 3?

Zafir

6/6, light spoiler,
makaoto following me around with her book omg
so cute

She was doing that earlier too, I'm in May and I noticed her walking around with the book. I had to laugh at it because it's the most ridiculous cover ever. Having a manga book shoved up to her face. xD

ckohler

Anyone know why they changed Igor voice Actor in the dub from Dan Woren to David Lodge?
The Japanese VA passed away and so they decided to change the voice to a much deeper sounding one. The US version does also.

I've heard rumor it is even explained in the story.

hollerphonix

Neo Member
Got in on Thursday thanks to Amazon stepping up. Meanwhile I've managed to put 6 hours in and still haven't finished the first dungeon. I have a feeling this'll be a repeat of p4g 100 or so hours for the first playthrough and don't bother with any other game in the meantime.

Aurizen

The Japanese VA passed away and so they decided to change the voice to a much deeper sounding one. The US version does also.

I've heard rumor it is even explained in the story.

Ahhh I see..

Now I'm super excited to play! I hope amazon ships mine out today... I wanna get it early lol.

Jiraiza

Welp, this first boss is impossible with my current save on hard. Time to set this game aside until the Japanese DLC comes up since I'm just going to start over anyway.

mike6467

Mine has said shipping today/arriving Tuesday for the last three hours. Really hoping there's a chance it comes tomorrow, because all deliveries come between 3-6pm here and it's going to be insanely difficult for me to not double dip if I see it go up on PSN at 10PM...

I am really getting tired with Amazon and its inconsistent service. I had the same issue with the Switch where everyone had a different response. Here is what I got. I hope we both receive the game soon!

Persona_Amazon.jpg

Totally not fair :( I've had my order since June last year, and yours was in October...yet you'll get it earlier. Fucking amazon.

Pachimari

Does the game have any "Exclusively for PS4" or "Console exclusive" logo on the box? Because I hate it when it gets translated into Danish here.

Fuck me somehow my old card was used to pre order the TYH edition from Amazon so my order was just stopped because of a problem with my order. I instantly just chose the other card and it says shipping April 4 arriving April 6 am I fucked?!

‪Talked to Best Buy CS and my TYH order hasn't shipped because they're out of stock apparently? ‬The status is preparing and they already collected payment on the 30th. I pre ordered it back in January and something doesn't seem right. Any advice on how/if I can fix this situation?

So without spoiling anything, could someone answer my question please?

I was watching the Giant Bomb quicklook, and it felt really weird and off that
everyone was treating the MC as a criminal and in the wrong for stopping a rape attempt.
Is this meant to be a representation and/or criticism of real Japanese society, or is this meant to show something is wrong with the world of the game?

Edit: spoilered some stuff. Apologies, I didn't think to spoiler that bit since its at the start of the game

I was watching the Giant Bomb quicklook, and it felt really weird and off that everyone was treating the MC as a criminal and in the wrong for stopping a rape attempt. Is this meant to be a representation and/or criticism of real Japanese society, or is this meant to show something is wrong with the world of the game?

It's a little of both.

Thanks to choosing free shipping on my $60 steel book edition on amazon says it'll arrive between the 10th and 14th and is expected to ship the 10th.

Well then. Its going to be a long week. Atleast with Zelda I knew it would be the 3rd since I preordered it at GS.

Only have amazon credit atm so I have to use amazon. Guess I could cancel and order $60 PSN credit and get it (at midnight?) but I prefer physical and especially the steel book looks awesome.

Guess I'll have to wait...maybe...unless I go digital....hhhmm...must stay strong...! :p

I was watching the Giant Bomb quicklook, and it felt really weird and off that everyone was treating the MC as a criminal and in the wrong for stopping a rape attempt. Is this meant to be a representation and/or criticism of real Japanese society, or is this meant to show something is wrong with the world of the game?

Ehh major spoiler bro. That's why i won't elaborate for others.

Has anyone else had the wrong card on file with an order from Amazon? If my order is late so be it but I shouldn't lose my take your heart edition right?

daveo42

Banned
Totally not fair :( I've had my order since June last year, and yours was in October...yet you'll get it earlier. Fucking amazon.

Same. So much for Prime, though I can wait till Tuesday morning. Would have totally been a nice surprise to see it Monday evening instead tho...plus I could have played all night and the next day.

I was watching the Giant Bomb quicklook, and
it felt really weird and off that everyone was treating the MC as a criminal and in the wrong for stopping a rape attempt.
Is this meant to be a representation and/or criticism of real Japanese society, or is this meant to show something is wrong with the world of the game?

I've not played it yet, but I got the impression it was a
case where "saving face" is more important than actually protecting victims. Shit, you still see a ton of that in countries all over the world, especially when it comes to sexual violence. Note also the perpetrator said he owns the police, so clearly the MC dirtied the image of someone important and I'm guessing that's not going to go over well in a country with immense pressure to conform.

Olengie

Amazon upgraded me to 1 Day shipping and now its slated for a Tuesday delivery.

HOWEVER, they claim it is backordered. I ordered this the moment it went up for pre order and I get hit with a backorder -.-

RPGCrazied

Why does my order on Amazon still say preordered? But still says arriving on the 4th. Can they really get this to me in one day?

zulux21

‪Talked to Best Buy CS and my TYH order hasn't shipped because they're out of stock apparently? ‬The status is preparing and they already collected payment on the 30th. I pre ordered it back in January and something doesn't seem right. Any advice on how/if I can fix this situation?

mine hasn't shipped yet either.

I am not going to get worried until tomorrow night

My TYH has one day shipping and it shipped this morning which should in theory make the delivery date tomorrow, right? Assuming it makes it to the post office before the truck leaves. Amazon still says Tuesday so I'm expecting Tuesday but I've got a tiny sliver of hope.

Mine is shipping on release day and not coming until the 17th but apparently most people who pre-ordered on the American Amazon but ship to another country have the same date so I'm not alone in my suffering ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom