• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantero

Fixed my preload problem. Apperently there was some error in the store so I had to use the playstation store website to get it to work.

German Mediamarkt says they handed the Take your Heart Edition I pre-ordered from them to their delivery partner, fingers crossed. As I'm in Japan for another 7 weeks (*cries internally*), a relative is picking it up for me.

Hope Mediamarkt hands it to DHL and not Hermes...

Setsu00

German Mediamarkt says they handed the Take your Heart Edition I pre-ordered from them to their delivery partner, fingers crossed. As I'm in Japan for another 7 weeks (*cries internally*), a relative is picking it up for me.

Hope Mediamarkt hands it to DHL and not Hermes...

Hermes will be the finishing blow to anyone still having hope that it might arrive tomorrow.

So this game tells me the plural of Persona is Personas. Other people here say it's Personae. Which one is it?

It's funny, I remember it being "persona" (same as singular) in previous games. Am I misremembering? I don't know what they did in this one because I played it in Japanese and there is no plural.

Welp just got mine (take your heart).... and i have to wait until tomorrow to get the japanese voices.... If only i've bought the european version, screwed myself pretty hard, haha!

Sure i could start the game in english and change it later, but i waited for almost 8 years for this sequel, one more day isn't that hard

*go cry in a corner*

haolee

Neo Member
Welp just got mine (take your heart).... and i have to wait until tomorrow to get the japanese voices.... If only i've bought the european version, screwed myself pretty hard, haha!

Sure i could start the game in english and change it later, but i waited for almost 8 years for this sequel, one more day isn't that hard

*go cry in a corner*

Just go english first, then japanese for the second playthrough. You'll be doing the game a great disservice if you only play this once anyway.

I personally thought both dubs are fine, but they both also don't have any standout performances. Feels like just another game.

So this game tells me the plural of Persona is Personas. Other people here say it's Personae. Which one is it?

Personae is the correct Latin plural form for a first declension word.
Personas is a weird plural form, even if you treat "persona" as a English noun.

It's funny, I remember it being "persona" (same as singular) in previous games. Am I misremembering? I don't know what they did in this one because I played it in Japanese and there is no plural.

It sounds way better in English too. Don't know why they went with Personas. Whatever.

Mieu

Whats the weakness of the Brutal Cavalry man in the first dungeon?

What does it look like? I don't recall their names only their images. Is the one that looks like a dark knight with a black horse? Eligor? I think that's zio.

There will be demons that don't have weaknesses but are susceptible to status ailments. And it's a good way to farm money sometimes.

Ostinatto

What does it look like? I don't recall their names only their images. Is the one that looks like a dark knight with a black horse? Eligor? I think that's zio.

There will be demons that don't have weaknesses but are susceptible to status ailments. And it's a good way to farm money sometimes.

Looks like a dark knight on a Red horse.

*go cry in a corner*

This is why, for once, I'm grateful not to be getting the game early. If I did, it would just be sitting on the shelf until the day the Japanese audio becomes available to download.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I mean I do love Pokémon and that's turn based.

Well as it happens, you can say that Persona 5 is very similar like Pokemon in that you collect various monsters to do your bidding, lol, plus the battle system is also similar with element strength/weaknesses etc etc. Add to that fancy stylish graphic, incredible music, and social/dating simulator to boot.

I think there's a big chance that you will enjoy it!

Herbshire

I'm kind of here as well. I got furloughed from work at the best possible time (as far as unemployment goes) right around Christmas. I was actually super psyched when we finished our last project and they told me we probably wouldn't see anything else until May. So right now I've beaten Yakuza 0, I'm on the last mission of Horizon, which I swore I'd beat before I started P5. I'm also about 32 hours into Nier and 8 hours into Zelda.

I'm 8 hours into Zelda because I realized what getting into that meant, and with all the open world out there (I am so, so sick of going to resource points and gathering shit), I think I'm going to postpone Zelda one more game and dive full on into Persona. Seems like a good palette cleanser, and hopefully they release a few more patches for Zelda that help out the framerate.

Oh. God.... yeah I just realized I put FFXV on hold as well because they were implementing that chapter 13 stuff. So I guess I'll do that after Zelda. By then my office should (hopefully) have work and I'll head back to the real world. Glad I had the opportunity to do this though, as an adult I doubt anything like it will ever be possible again.

I decided to pull the trigger and get P5, never played a persona game so it should be refreshing. Too many games man, I feel ya :)

Already available since 12:am in the UK.
The english dub is good though, well atleast for the main cast.

Oh really? Thanks for the heads up, I might as well download it today and get a head start on tomorrow.

To me, it's irrelevant how good the English dub is. In the end it boils down to immersion and authenticity. The way I see it, a quintessentially Japanese game such as Persona 5 demands to be played with the original audio selected. But that's just me; I'm somebody who started watching foreign films at a very early age, so subtitles never bothered me.

Gestahl

Oh really? Thanks for the heads up, I might as well download it today and get a head start on tomorrow.

To me, it's irrelevant how good the English dub is. In the end it boils down to immersion and authenticity. The way I see it, a quintessentially Japanese game such as Persona 5 demands to be played with the original audio selected. But that's just me; I'm somebody who started watching foreign films at a very early age, so subtitles never bothered me.

It doesn't hurt that it's probably one of the best Japanese dubs in recent years

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
how's the ps3 version, for reference? loading times, performance, overall fidelity, etc?

haolee

Neo Member
It doesn't hurt that it's probably one of the best Japanese dubs in recent years

I beg to differ. The JP VA didn't live up to my hype, in particular Sugita as Yusuke. I did like Futaba's VA the most, and Makoto VA sounded better than her English one(though it's not to say she's bad). The rest was just... there.

Then again, it's very subjective.

Mengetsu

Can you tell me how you fixed this? I can't get my preload to work.
If you go into the library on your PS4 and use the search type in Persona when it pops up click it and the download button should show up.

If you go to the library and just look for it through your list of games and try to click it the download button wont show up. You would think it's stupid but apparently it's another page that looks just like one looking up the info/downloads without using the search option.

People were having this issue with Mass Effect: https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Games-Services/The-preload-for-Mass-Effect-Andromeda-isn-t-starting-and-there/m-p/46195114#M115157

cluderi

Arrgghh

Went to check on my TYH edition pre-order at Game and the website is down for maintenance. All I got was a teasing "we are packing your order" on Friday and then nothing.

Mana Sin

It's Monday morning and Amazon still has yet to ship my TYH edition. Or at least, the order page doesn't say that it has shipped and I'm paying for release date delivery. It has said "Shipping soon" since Saturday.

Should I be worried by this point?

MikeBison

kChKTg2K5YbHW.gif

So I set up a Crunchyroll subscription last night to watch Attack on Titan and there was loads of jiggery pokery with my payment, think their servers were getting battered. Anyway, got it sorted.

This morning I wake up to find that there's a problem with my payment for my Take my Heart edition (and some Berserk blu rays) and after multiple times trying to re-update, and also pay for my car parking with my card, it was clear that a restriction was put on my debit card.

Went to the bank, got it lifted and rang amazon. They said the payment was going through fine but it would be Thursday or Friday that it would get to me :( I pre-ordered as soon as it was possible.

Doesn't work for me, so went to GAME even though I can't stand using them for anything, but luckily they've got a few Steelbook editions lying around so I paid a deposit and got one of those set aside for tomorrow. (Made the usual joke requests of letting me take it now)

Will have to do without the Morgana plush, but just glad I'll be playing tomorrow.
Shame, Amazon never let me down usually. Seems odd that the delivery estimate went up so much when normally, they ship my items at like 10pm the night before a delivery and it turns up at like 10am.

It's Monday morning and Amazon still has yet to ship my TYH edition. Or at least, the order page doesn't say that it has shipped and I'm paying for release date delivery. It has said "Shipping soon" since Saturday.

Should I be worried by this point?

I'm in the same boat. They've charged me though so I'm confident they've simply not updated the page yet. It's always when I'm highly anticipating something that I get really paranoid about these things haha.

Fbh

So...How are Atlus games when it comes to price drops?

I kinda want to get this only because of the Steelbook. But I'm still playing horizon and I want to finish that first, plus I'm going on vacations in 3 weeks so it might be 2 months or more before I get to play this and it would suck if by them it was on sale or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom