• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

It's kinda weird that EU got the DLC first, since time-zone-wise, the Asian region and Australia should've gotten it first, and it's still quite far from midnight, April 4th for those regions. USA would logically get it last by any rate.
Australia got it at the same time as EU.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but how big of a download is the JP dub?

Edit: Nvm, just saw the tweet. For fucks sake Atlus, put these shits into pre-load. That's why we have a pre-load to begin with you idiots, so the game would be completely ready and good to go when it finally unlocks. Ugh!

So...How are Atlus games when it comes to price drops?

I kinda want to get this only because of the Steelbook. But I'm still playing horizon and I want to finish that first, plus I'm going on vacations in 3 weeks so it might be 2 months or more before I get to play this and it would suck if by them it was on sale or something.

Shin Megami Tensei games tend to hold their value well, and in the PS2 days even became rare and hard to obtain. Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga are great examples of this. Hell even the strategy guides were expensive.

If I had to guess I would say we likely aren't going to have supply issues with P5, but I wouldn't expect this to be in a bargain bin any time soon.

Cancelled my Gameseek order, they suddenly changed the date to the 14th. Managed to get a Shopto copy this morning though and it's already shipped.

jediyoshi

Is there a way to initiate the preload on the PS4 itself and not remotely? Not seeing the option after purchasing it.

edit: my bad, PS4 was out of space

Oh man, after seeing it happen to others so many times, Amazon is shipping my copy early. Looks like it should be here later today. So excited, can't wait to play!!

Wait, Persona 5 isn't available for PS4 on Amazon UK?

I can't find anything but the PS3 version.

The PS4 version has sold out, try ShopTo instead.

I got my dispatched confirmation from Amazon today so starting tomorrow, Persona will consume my life for the next couple of weeks, can't wait!

Pachimari

Man it's also expensive on PSN. Hopefully GameStop or some other store will have it in stock tomorrow. I cancelled my Amazon Take Your Heart Out pre-order and didn't have a pre-order in for the standard edition. Have been around the city today to see if anyone would sell it early but nope. The DLC isn't up here in Denmark yet either.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Once again PSA, Gamestop will start selling the game at 9PM tonight so anyone who doesn't want to wait till tomorrow or wants to get their copy a bit earlier, y'all know.

So I pre-ordered the game on PSN (us) digitally. Just initiated the preload. The games icon on PS4's UI has a Take-Your-Heart-badge. Did anyone else recognise this? Is this the normal icon for every edition of the game?

So I pre-ordered the game on PSN (us) digitally. Just initiated the preload. The games icon on PS4's UI has a Take-Your-Heart-badge. Did anyone else recognise this? Is this the normal icon for every edition of the game?
I've pre-ordered digitally from NA and I have the same Take Your Heart icon. I guess it's just the normal icon.

Saint9806

I'm so glad that everyone gets to play this tonight. I've had it for the past 2 weeks. Don't have all the time in the world so I've only put about 15 hours in, but loving every second of it. It's my first Persona game too...

Got my copy today which I wasn't expecting, happy to be proven wrong though.

Now it can taunt me since I can't play it for a few more hours.

213372bu

Banned
Anybody who bought this off Amazon seeing it say that "it's on the way"? I'm not sure if it's shipping to me directly today, but there's no clear way to find out.. it seems high enough on the progress bar that it could be the case.

I've never had Amazon ship regular packages themselves, even when buying from them directly.

MTC100

Banned
5 hours in, probable GOTY for me.
The only game that made me stopped playing Zelda, which is a good sign.

Sounds amazing, however not quite unexpected from the game, I'm sure it will keep me busy until Switches are back in stock for Zelda...

Anybody who bought this off Amazon seeing it say that "it's on the way"? I'm not sure if it's shipping to me directly today, but there's no clear way to find out.. it seems high enough on the progress bar that it could be the case.

I've never had Amazon ship regular packages themselves, even when buying from them directly.

There should be a tracking number somewhere in your order details normally. At least that's the way it is here, doesn't matter if prime or not.

BluWacky

My copy arrived this morning and I've put a couple of hours into it.

A couple of hours barely even scratches the surface of Persona games, it seems... I haven't had the opportunity to do anything other than what the game tells me to do as yet, (spoilers)
having only just unlocked Ryuji's persona

I've had to whack the brightness all the way up to see anything in the first dungeon, incidentally - seems odd that there's no real balance here. Don't know if this is what was making my eyes water a bit as I was playing, or it could be that I've been cleaning the house...

I doubt I have anything to add that others haven't - it's immensely stylish, and rather slow going to start with, but so far seems pretty intriguing - which is more than most recent JRPGs!

213372bu

Banned
There should be a tracking number somewhere in your order details normally. At least that's the way it is here, doesn't matter if prime or not.

There's a tracking number, but Amazon's own delivery service (AMZL) has no way to track by number, even a chat representative said they had no way of knowing.

At least with UPS/USPS/FedEx you can track it pretty well. AMZL just has a super vague "On the way" status.

Oh well.

aravuus

Leaving work in a minute, and really all I gotta do today is prepare for a presentation for tomorrow. Shouldn't take longer than an hour or so. So after 5pm, I've got nothing to do all day.

I want to go to bed at 6pm and wake up after midnight and just play all night, go give my presentation at 8am and then come back home and keep playing lmao.

dan2026

Wow the Japanese audio is so much better than the dub it's not even funny.

It's almost worth me restarting the game.
Almost.

Yu Narukami

Leaving work in a minute, and really all I gotta do today is prepare for a presentation for tomorrow. Shouldn't take longer than an hour or so. So after 5pm, I've got nothing to do all day.

I want to go to bed at 6pm and wake up after midnight and just play all night, go give my presentation at 8am and then come back home and keep playing lmao.
You're crazy lol.

silva1991

I know this doesn't reflect in over all ales, but it just feels good to see it in the top

3u6yMlv.jpg

Anyways, I tried JP audio to see how good it is in my last session, before going to bed, but there was no voiced dialogues in like 5 minutes and I just turned off the whole system lol.

Maybe on NG+

demonkaze

Anybody received the steel book edition from ShopTo today? Mine dispatched Saturday and I'm really hoping it arrived but can't check until after work.

Kazzy

Wow the Japanese audio is so much better than the dub it's not even funny.

It's almost worth me restarting the game.
Almost.

Really?!

I've really liked the dubs in the past, and have seen no reason to seek out the Japanese ones, despite actually preferring them in most other cases.

Can anyone point me to any (non-spoiler) examples? Would be nice to know before I get to start the game myself.

emigre

My copy from base has been shipped. I really hope it arrives tomorrow. I've not been this hyped for a game in such a long time.

dan2026

Really?!

I've really liked the dubs in the past, and have seen no reason to seek out the Japanese ones, despite actually preferring them in most other cases.

Can anyone point me to any (non-spoiler) examples? Would be nice to know before I get to start the game myself.

The big one is the dub cannot pronounce hardly any of the Japanese names correctly.
Sometimes different characters will even pronounce it two different ways, both wrong!

Its really sloppy to be honest.

Raybunny

Finally yesterday finished the 1st dungeon, a couple days left on the mark, around level10 and 13 hours in.
Wasn't easy specially since I was not prepared for it. I went there with 11 days left and oh boy... you better level up, make money, get items and not get ambushed.

Oh! I found out only after that I could use skills like "Dia" out of combat. So many wasted potions.

Now things are expanding at a fast pace.
Mementos, arcana relationships poping up, exams and others.
I feel that the days are too short, barely have time for activities
Explore relations, part time jobs and study.
before its time to sleep.

Guess chosing wisely what to do is crucial.

Yu Narukami

The big one is the dub cannot pronounce hardly any of the Japanese names correctly.
Sometimes different characters will even pronounce it two different ways, both wrong!

Honestly it doesn't bother me that much. I speak German and French and the names in those languages are always butchered too.

Zafir

Someone posted a tweet from one of the VA's and they apparently got told how to pronounce them from the JP office.

bluethree

Okay, watching some youtube videos of the English version, it's actually really, really good. I'm pretty pleasantly surprised to be honest. The writing is a slight step back from P4 (sometimes the phrasing of things can be a bit awkward) but it's still mostly well done and the voice acting is top notch. Really making me want to play the English version now!

TheFlow

Banned
my special edition was an hour away from me. I wake up this morning to a notice that my package is delayed because it is now across the country.

what in the fuck.

dan2026

Someone posted a tweet from one of the VA's and they apparently got told how to pronounce them from the JP office.

Then there is incompetence from the top down I guess.
I would say I am surprised. But it is Atlus.

But fuck it I can't moan too much. We do have the JPN audio after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom