• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raybunny

Just press Square to auto-heal your party. I think it just automatically uses the dia spell(s) on the characters that have it.

giphy.gif

Cheers, Will check it out after work. The menu right at the bottom is in a place that I tend to ignore.

The PS4 version has sold out, try ShopTo instead.

Good sign if the game is already selling out in some countries, hope P5 vastly outperforms sales expectations.

Really?!

I've really liked the dubs in the past, and have seen no reason to seek out the Japanese ones, despite actually preferring them in most other cases.

Can anyone point me to any (non-spoiler) examples? Would be nice to know before I get to start the game myself.
If you have any experience with anime that's just some of the Japanese voice actors:

Gintoki - Gintama
Lelouch - Code Geass
Light Yagami - Death Note
Joseph Joestar - JoJo
Okabe (Mado Scientisto) - Stein's Gate
Tony Tony Chopper - One Piece and Pikachu in the Pokemon Anime (both sub and dub) - she plays Morgana and had dozens of other roles in well known anime (e.g. Naruto)
In other words, the cast is otherworldy. If you want a taste you just have to compare Morgana's voice in the Japanese trailers compared to the English ones featuring her.

aravuus

You're crazy lol.

Lol. Unfortunately I can't fall asleep at the drop of a hat, so I guess I won't be doing that.

Will definitely try to get up at 6am or so, can get a bit of gaming in before the presentation. So if I make an ass out of myself and die of embarrassment, I'll die happy knowing that at least I got to play a bit of P5 before I died.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Anyone got any more "10 beginner tips" like the 'press square to auto heal' above ?

I'm surprised the game reviewed that well in EU considering it doesn't even have translations into any EU language.
Modern Persona games always reviewed really well in Europe and all we have ever gotten is the English language release, so I'm not surprised, really.
You have the UK, Scandinavia and other smaller countries were English original audio is the norm for pretty much all the movies and as a result everyone speaks English very well, and Germany/Austria/Switzerland where English only is never a problem for most people that actually play videogames (heck, all the German gaming outlets that picked up P3 and P4 back when they released in 2008/2009 gave the game glowing reviews).

It's probably France and to a lesser extend Italy and Spain where you lose out the most sales without localization. Even without that the game will do well in abovementioned countries and that's a 130 Million+ target audience easily.

Vinter

Weird that I had to manual download the game via the PS Store on my computer, but whatever.

Excited about this game though. Never played a Persona game but a game that looks this good, and seemingly plays well too, seems well worth to try.

Slaythe

Ok got the JP voices ! Gonna try them out :D .

But for the record, the english direction was outstanding. First time I play a game like this and don't cringe on regular basis.

SOLDIER

A request for professional gif makers in this thread.

I would like it if someone took the part from Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid OP:

https://youtu.be/dyGBqeSUDPw

And change the text where Kobayashi is typing "Maid Dragon" over and over to replace it with "Persona 5".

I think it would make for an amusing hype gif.

Steveo

Banned
Ok, I purchased Persona 5 last night on PSN. As I completed the transaction, I got an error message, but the order completed, my funds are gone from my account, even got an email confirming my purchase.

But I can't seem to get Persona 5 to preload. It's nowhere on my dashboard, and when I go into the store to initiate the preload I get a clock that says "preorder, Persona 5 15 Hours 24 minutes, etc".

I've preordered games from PSN before, something doesn't seem right. Any help would be appreciated.

Vinter

I'm surprised the game reviewed that well in EU considering it doesn't even have translations into any EU language.

It shouldn't really matter, at least in my opinion. Then again, I play JP games with the original language, even though I can't speak a word of Japanese :p

Crash331

When I played P4G, I could never really enjoy it because I got sucked in to the guides and tried to min/max everything. It wasn't fun having to read about all the possible outcomes of my actions before I could even play the game.

I plan on playing P5 without any guides or help whatsoever. Is it going to be worth it with the missed opportunities and social links? Did anyone play P4 this way and if so how did it go?

Slaythe

It shouldn't really matter, at least in my opinion. Then again, I play JP games with the original language, even though I can't speak a word of Japanese :p

I mean, I do too, but we're all nerds here.

Good luck trying to sell this game to french or spanish teenagers with their broken ass english.

There's 2 hours of intro where not much happens and it's only dialogues, if you don't understand what's being said, I can't see where the fun would be :p .

aravuus

Yeah, mispronounced names are something I really couldn't care less about. They sound wonky for the first 5 minutes and then I get used to them. English dub all day.

LiK

When I played P4G, I could never really enjoy it because I got sucked in to the guides and tried to min/max everything. It wasn't fun having to read about all the possible outcomes of my actions before I could even play the game.

I plan on playing P5 without any guides or help whatsoever. Is it going to be worth it with the missed opportunities and social links? Did anyone play P4 this way and if so how did it go?

I played P4G blind and it was fantastic. I used a guide for the True Ending in NG+. That was an amazing experience. I'll be doing the same thing for this game if it works the same way.

Using a guide destroys the fun of discovery and freedom of how you're meant to play it.

DNAbro

Yeah, I don't think using a guide is good. You remove any semblance of freedom you have. Just do what you want.

Vinter

Good luck trying to sell this game to french or spanish teenagers with their broken ass english.

There's 2 hours of intro where not much happens and it's only dialogues, if you don't understand what's being said, I can't see where the fun would be :p .

Yeah, I suppose that could be a problem :p

Thud

Luckily most (of the older) gamers are bilingual in Europe.

Although that's more born from necessity than anything else.

Mendrox

Why would it? In Germany kids learn English really early and fast. I've played my first import games at 10 years old and learned faster by playing through games and watching anime. We German people think that we speak bad English till we travel to other countries haha

France also had many only English titles in the past afaik and Spain too. Nothing new.

Ehh I would be surprised if teens wouldn't understand any English dialogue. They will get by just fine with their school knowledge (if they have that, but how else are you surfing for your cool memes and stuff nowadays?)

Yeah, I don't think using a guide is good. You remove any semblance of freedom you have. Just do what you want.
Signed. Reading guides basically kills half the game and turns it into stressful busywork and you'll waste hours being glued to the guide. If you do a NG+ you can easily max everything and get your Platinum trophy. Enjoy that first playthrough.

silva1991

the only guide I will read is for Persona fusions.

Also that netwwork feature when teachers ask question is absolutely fantastic :D

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
It's probably France and to a lesser extend Italy and Spain where you lose out the most sales without localization. Even without that the game will do well in abovementioned countries and that's a 130 Million+ target audience easily.

? I don't think there are anywhere near 130 million ps3+ps4 combined in only the above mentioned countries. Don't think that math checks out on that. :/

? I don't think there are anywhere near 130 million ps3+ps4 combined in only the above mentioned countries. Don't think that math checks out on that. :/
I'm talking about the number of people that can probably play the game in English as a 'target group'. Obviously the number of console owners in those countries is going to be alot smaller.

Renkax

This is first time I ever pre- ordered from Best Buy. It's a in store pick up cause they couldn't deliver. They 100% change have it as soon as they open or do I gotta wait till the email . It's an hour drive from my house 😭😭

HMD

Is it just me or is the 2nd dungeon too easy? [Second dungeon spoilers]
I mean they had had to artificially cut it up or I could have finished it in a single playthrough with a couple of Cafe Leblanc items. I'm at the part where I have to send the boss my calling card so no spoilers please.

Mupod

I never used guides for SMT/persona games but fusion charts are really helpful. I do tend to get stuck in a mindset where I NEED to make the thing I have in my head as soon as possible which leads to me over-leveling. It got so bad in P3 and P4 that I ended up soloing with the main character to get exp faster.

HMD

I never used guides for SMT/persona games but fusion charts are really helpful. I do tend to get stuck in a mindset where I NEED to make the thing I have in my head as soon as possible which leads to me over-leveling. It got so bad in P3 and P4 that I ended up soloing with the main character to get exp faster.

All party members get exp I think? So I guess that won't work anymore?

Sarek

The postal service here has failed me... My game was dispatched around Friday noon from a store about 20km from where I live, and it still didn't arrive today.

silva1991

Lol this sounds rough. These games without all-out attack are nightmares for me.

Does leveling up restore HP and SP btw?

It doesn't.

nasax

I wanna cry, we did it fam!!!

Apr 3
Shipped
It’s on the way

Apr 4
Arriving tomorrow by 8pm

Carrier: AMZL US

------

Wait what? Wth is AMZL US? First time I've ever had anything delivered by them.

mike6467

Arghhh, my TYH edition hasn't moved all night and still doesn't have a scheduled delivery. UPS put it on my calendar for the 5th, but the tracking number itself doesn't have a date associated with it.

I may end up double dipping on the digital edition if it looks like it's going to be later then Wednesday. I was hoping I was overhyping myself for the TYH edition and I could just get the digital version and send it back, but I really want that goddamn plush.

I wanna cry, we did it fam!!!

Apr 3
Shipped
It's on the way

Apr 4
Arriving tomorrow by 8pm

Carrier: AMZL US

------

Wait what? Wth is AMZL US? First time I've ever had anything delivered by them.

Huh, I hadn't heard of that either. Quick search shows it's Amazon's ambiguously titled shipping service.

T.O.P

Banned
Played for a couple of hours, game ooze style so hard it's insane

Only thing that i'm currently not feelin it's the eng dub, i loved it in 4 so it was obvious that i'd go with it again but it's not blowing me away so far

Can't wait to get off work and spend the night on the game tho :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom