• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KodaRuss

Kinda regret not getting the take your heart edition but glad I got the steelbook. Long wait for this game but its awesome.

Dugna

Anybody know how to get a existing save to switch audio tracks? I tried finding it in the save and it doesn't work, I even turned on japanese audio from the menu.

Anybody know how to get a existing save to switch audio tracks? I tried finding it in the save and it doesn't work, I even turned on japanese audio from the menu.

Based on what some posters said earlier in the thread, you should be able to open it in the Load Game screen and press Triangle to set game language when selecting the save?

Only played about an hour so far, but I'm loving the style of the game so much. I know I'm going to start stressing about my schedule soon, so I hope it keeps up

Shouta

I suppose there's the degree of making it clear? Because it would be weird to have a scene later explaining what actually happened if there was no ambiguity in the first place.

Well, it's not clear what exactly happens in the first 6-7 hours of the game because they don't show it. Most of what people understand about what happened is extrapolated from the few scenes that occur and what the characters say about what they heard about it.

The line by
Sojiro
is important, IMO, because it tells you what everyone in the game world heard. It makes what happens to the MC when he goes to Tokyo make sense where the other option is totally wild, even for Japan. I think folks can extrapolate the's not the real story but it's weird for the game to be pointing you in the wrong direction.

Change the audio to Japanese in your game, save and then reload should work, I think.

GNOSIS

Still in the first dungeon. I'm curious, how many in game days did it take for any of you to complete the first dungeon? I'm talking about the point where you're cut loose.

3 for me. Got to mini boss then treasure room then the boss. I'm playing on Normal.

I feel like that's how they want you to do it. Although on my 3rd dungeon I did manage to get to the treasure room in one go but it's because I thought I almost reached the end so I tried to push through with all my SP recovery items. When I realised that there were quite a bit to go, it was too late to turn back because I invested too much already. So I started avoiding some enemies around the end.

I just bought
SP recovery accessory
though so I should be able to do it in 2 from now on.

epmode

Thread's moving fast and this got buried at the end of the last page:

Er, one of my personas* gets her next skill at level 9 but I can no longer see how many experience points it'll take to level up. Are there exp caps now? Caps that can only be bypassed with confidant exp bonuses or something?

*Silky

Anyone? I don't think I've ever seen a persona stop receiving experience, even if all of their skills are learned!

Xeteh

No there's no fatigue but there's a you better conserve your sp and bring sp items mechanic.

Anyway does anyone miss the triple fusion from before? Right now there is one but it's preset

So the "How's everyone feeling" option in safe rooms is just relative to how much SP people have? Seems odd.

Thread's moving fast and this got buried at the end of the last page:

Er, one of my personas* gets her next skill at level 9 but I can no longer see how many experience points it'll take to level up. Are there exp caps now? Caps that can only be bypassed with confidant exp bonuses or something?

*Silky

Anyone? I don't think I've ever seen a persona stop receiving experience, even if all of their skills are learned!

I think P4 had those too, where you can only get them to a skill by fusing XP

Nose Master

Mechanics spoilers: Does
Dirty Armor
lock in what it is when found, or after you
wash
? Curious if I should wait until I have four.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Just reached the halfway point of the first dungeon on hard. Is it actually possible to clear the dungeon in the minimum number of days? I know there are hard stops. I feel like it would take a herculean sneak attempt to get past
the midboss
and stay alive until the first hard stop.

Edit: I guess I could grind the weakest dudes without wasting SP for 4-6xp a pop, but that seems... eh.

Rainy

Banned
4/15

I love how right before the mini-boss Ann is like "you'll pay for this you scum!" and Kamoshida just looks all scared and mutters, "bitch." I laughed lmao.

MarkusRJR

No spoilers please, but is 5 connected to previous Persona games at all? I was really digging the combined Persona universe in the fighting games and was hoping it'd continue in some form.

Kindekuma

Banned
No spoilers please, but is 5 connected to previous Persona games at all? I was really digging the combined Persona universe in the fighting games and was hoping it'd continue in some form.

Not in a story sense from what I know, but there is a reference/connection to a previous game in it. More or less an easter egg thing I guess?

Sciel

The main numbered games are unrelated to each other. There are usually a few references to previous games though.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

They are connected in that they share the same universe. The names of various characters like Naoto are mentioned in passing here and there.

Game-wise nahh, they're not connected.

ckohler

I never thought I would say this about a Persona game, but the cg character animation during cut scenes looks great. The characters move very realistically.

Sayad

Merged the MC original persona by mistake, are there any consequences? Should I reload?! Can I get it back later on?!

ShadyK54

Hey all.

Is there a link for a spoiler free walkthrough? Tried a link for one on Gamefaqs but that one seems to be down or something. :/

Edit: Nvm, found something!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Igor's voice is gonna take awhile to get used to, but the english VA has been seriously great.

GSR

Merged the MC original persona by mistake, are there any consequences? Should I reload?! Can I get it back later on?!

IIRC you pretty much have to fuse Arsene. Don't worry about it. If you really want him back you can pay a small fee to summon him again from the Compendium.

8 hours of game time and I'm just on 4/21. Spent the be past 2 hours getting and making new Persona. Everyone is level 7. Playing on hard, so xp gains are not so high. Absolutely loving the game so far, but man, compared to P4 it's super dark.

You're fine. Arsene is weak, but if you want it back just resummon from the compendium.

Jiraiza

IIRC you pretty much have to fuse Arsene. Don't worry about it. If you really want him back you can pay a small fee to summon him again from the Compendium.

You don't actually. As long you get everything but the Incubus, you can avoid having to fuse Arsene at the beginning.

Ulong

Is there anything on the level of the Rainy Day Beef bowl in terms of gaining social stats in this game? I feel like I'm struggling a lot more to get my stats up then I did in P3/P4.

Croc

Banned
Question about bosses in general:

Does talking to them get you anything like it does with regular enemies? Would any of the three options work?

aravuus

HA HA HA HA HA HA HOLY SHIT I DID IT, I BEAT THE DUNGEON IN ONE DAY AFTER HAVING NO HEALING ITEMS AND 0 MP 75% OF THE WAY THROUGH PRAISE ME AS YOUR GOD AND KING AHA HA HA HA HA HA

Oh my god that was one in a million of actually happening and I fucking did it, I'm so fucking hyped up I just did a victory lap around my apartment.

My man. I know I played it on easy, but that shit still got insanely intense towards the end.

Now I'm trying to make sure I can get the SP regen accessory I've seen people talk about asap so future dungeons will be much easier to do in one day (plus the forced calling card sequence).

Fucking christ, only been an hour at work and I just want to go back home and play more Persona lmao

I named my dude Keikaku Keikaku because he looks like a scheming motherfucker. Well, that and he reminds me of Light Yagami and Lelouche Vi Britannia, the kings of the keikaku.

Hahaha Keikaku Keikaku. That's perfect.

MotherFan

Made it to 4/12 and power went out. Game is amazing so far, one of thw best rpgs to date. Also, before I buy one of the ps4 themes, do the p5 ones have background music?

Caim

Made it to 4/12 and power went out. Game is amazing so far, one of thw best rpgs to date. Also, before I buy one of the ps4 themes, do the p5 ones have background music?

Yeah all of them do.

Some themes share the same songs though like Ann and Makoto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom