• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyway to check out like the weather forecast or something? Rainy days seem really beneficial and it'd be nice to plan ahead around those days

Do you sell items you nab like pearls and onyx and crushed swords and stuff? Or are they used for something?

You can sell all Treasure, that's what it's there for. Though in P4, some sideways required you to give some of those others to NPCs. Dunno about this game, I'm still on the first dungeon.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Question about halfway into the first dungeon:
How much farther past the mini-boss (he alternates between charge and cleave) is the forced exit?

FluxWaveZ

Any tips for gaining social stats? like good areas/shops I may have overlooked.

Remember to use that feature where you can see what all other players did in a given day. It'll help give you ideas for what you can do.

There's a lot when it comes to this. The bathhouse on Mondays and Thursdays (I think that was it?) for a good amount of Charm, the diner to level up Knowledge and another stat with money, going to the Underground Walkway on Sundays and buying a drink for 5,000 yen to level up a stat, etc. You'll discover more stuff as you play.

Aeana

Feeding your plant doesn't take any time, and you also occasionally get free time on the train to read a book, so always keep a book you haven't finished reading on you. That's all I've noticed so far, personally.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
So for those interested in seeing as many stories as possible during their first playthrough but don't want to be tied down by following a guide I thought it might be useful to write up just a rough outline of guiding principles that helped me manage to see all the Confidants stories on my first playthrough blind. Maybe other experienced people can chime in and add some of their tips since it's been a while for me. I'll tag it all as spoilers but honestly I'll stay super vague and the most you'll be spoiled by is information regarding ability boost opportunities. Think along the lines of Persona 4 and someone telling you about rainy day ramen.

1.So first of all I recommend playing the game not on anything higher than normal cause it might make the initial grind for money more tedious you're going to need a lot of funds to make it work so getting around a 100k during your very first proper dungeon run is recommended.
2.There are a few free stat point boost opportunities that don't require time to be spend:
- Keeping your room plant happy by buying nutrition for it. Get the most expensive one from the underground mall and later when you get access to I believe it was Shinjuku.
- Always buy all the books from any bookstores you have access to there will be free opportunities on the train to read or early night where there's just nothing to do yet but read
- Every Sunday go to the drink stand at the train station, they sell special drinks for ability boost
3. Never spend time on activities that only raise 1 stat point always go for something that at least raises 2. The diner/famires is one of the best ways to early raise stats.
4. Always finish dungeons as quickly as possible since sometimes they might block of Confidants from appearing.
5. Don't go to the Mementos too frequently, try to plan ahead and have Memento visits coincide with Confidant relevant quest objectives.
6. Always have a Persona of the same type at hand as the Confidant you want to engage with and always pick the right answer(for this I'd refer to a guide or save scumming)
7. Always priorities Confidants that only appear on special days. Like Sun only appears I believe on the weekends or maybe only Sunday even.
8. The Confidants to prioritize are Temperance, Fortune(super high priority), Death and Sun(high priority) after that you can generally pick and choose how you want.
9. Generally prioritize raising Confidants before stats, days where you can only raise stats will show up naturally and once Confidant story lines progress far enough you'll be blocked from advancing them anyway making you focus on stats again

Ok this is it for now. It's all from vague memory that I felt was the most important information to help you kind of wing it. Other people might have great more in detail tips especially related to preparing to open certain Confidant story lines and or other boost opportunities I have just forgotten to mention.

That's all I've noticed so far, personally.

Buy drinks from the drink stand in the underpass on Sundays. They're pricey and they may not be available right from the start (I didn't find it until summer).

Also, some things are better than others. Family Restaurant gets additional stats besides knowledge, great way to work on courage early on. Making lockpicks and stuff levels up your skill and gives you items at the same time, so it's nice.

Boy I sure wish they were more clear about how much time you actually need for dungeons. Just lost 5 hours of progress because it wasn't very clear and I waited till the last few days.

Tidalwave

You have got to be kidding me with this bullshit
Day like 15 or 16 spoilers regarding fusion
They just force you to make a persona? And you can't make one you already have? So I HAVE to use Arsene? What is this??

Ulong

thanks for the tips, also while im asking questions where do you even read books in your room? I couldnt seem to do it on the sofa or anywhere else when I tried. Am I just blind?

Huh? Isn't the game extremely clear about this?

The need to spend like 3 days securing the root,
placing the calling card
, and then going back in probably catches some people off guard thinking "I'm right before the boss should be one more trip"

Huh? Isn't the game extremely clear about this?

It doesn't mention that
once you get to the end you have to leave and do the calling card stuff, effectively costing 2 full days on its own.

Why would you leave it till the last few days?

It's what I've always done. I figured if it could let me go down to 1 day, I could farm up money and just blow through it with maxed out gear.

6 hours in, and holy shit this game is dark

My wife is Japanese,and everything concerning the reasons for the first dungeon are super similar to what happened to her when she was in junior high.

Specifically:
my wife's basketball coach was super tough,but not to the point of actually physically abusing students. The coach was someone who had won a prefectural championship or something. Parents knew, but did nothing,
and when my wife asked her elementary school coach for advice, he basically told her to just tough it up. This was in the 90s, but things have started to improve in Japan since, though I don't doubt the practice is completely gone.

Aeana

Day like 15 or 16 spoilers
They just force you to make a persona? And you can't make one you already have? So I HAVE to use Arsene? What is this??

You can re-summon any persona you have from your compendium, so don't worry too much about it.

FluxWaveZ

thanks for the tips, also while im asking questions where do you even read books in your room? I couldnt seem to do it on the sofa or anywhere else when I tried. Am I just blind?

Have to interact with the book shelf on the table downstairs where Sojiro is.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

LOL Arsene is trash anyways.

It's on the first floor on the bar.

ramyeon

Fusing the starting Persona is a non issue and since powering up Persona by grinding is so inefficient it's better off being done sooner rather than later anyway.

HMD

Feeding your plant doesn't take any time, and you also occasionally get free time on the train to read a book

Morgana keeps saying I need some special item but doesn't say where I should get it from, anyone know where I can find it?

FluxWaveZ

It doesn't mention that
once you get to the end you have to leave and do the calling card stuff, effectively costing 2 full days on its own.

Hm, I thought the limit would account for that. I guess that aspect of it threw me off for my first dungeon, too.

Morgana keeps saying I need some special item but doesn't say where I should get it from, anyone know where I can find it?

Shibuya Central Street. One of the stores there sells what you need to feed the plant. That and other places, like the Underground Mall.

ramyeon

Ah so it's not like P4G where I have to register it? Thank you!
It's the same. You have to register Personas if they leveled up/learned new moves since you got them or the last time they were registered. Otherwise they are already in the compendium as their base form or from when you last registered their data.

FSLink

Banned

Yes, stop being attached to old Personas. Fuse them, make stronger ones. It's part of the point (though you aren't forced to use Arsene if you managed to recruit more Persona before that point)

EDIT: Oh, you thought you had to register it to get it back. Nope. You didn't have to register it in P4G either, only if you wanted to update it with higher levels/skills.

Tidalwave

Yes, stop being attached to old Personas. Fuse them, make stronger ones. It's part of the point (though you aren't forced to use Arsene if you managed to recruit more Persona before that point)

EDIT: Oh, you thought you had to register it to get it back. Nope. You didn't have to register it in P4G either, only if you wanted to update it with higher levels/skills.
I recruited every persona I came across up until this point so that's kind of strange.

Dresden

Four hours in now. Like it quite a bit. Sold the Soma you get from the free item dlc for 50k and fully kitted out the squad, which feels kinda cheap but w/e.

Eusis

Just barely started, but I'm already getting vibes that are a mix of P3/4 and P2. And it's those P2 vibes that really have me excited to dig in.

Igor's new voice throws me off though. That may be enough reason to jump to Japanese for me honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom