• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aravuus

Am I the only one who notices the really inconsistent audio in the english voice track?

Sometimes there's noticeable compression and crackling during voice clips, sometimes I can hear people hiss their S's and pop their P's but that doesn't seem to apply to all the characters. It's like they did it with entirely different sets of equipment.

I kind of want to unhook my soundbar/not play with headphones and just use the TV speakers because it's being that distracting.

You're not the only one. It was very noticeable when I was playing with headphones, switched to passive speakers after a while and haven't really noticed it since. It's possible I just got used to it, though.

e: wow, I'm almost the most active poster in this thread. I gotta chill out a bit.

Seiryoden

What are your best spoiler-free recommendations for me?

If MC is at lvl 10 try fusing Slime (Chariot) which takes half-damage from the Boss's Physical attacks and can slot an HP-draining move from the base Personas. I found it super helpful.

So are there any vending machines that sell drinks that heal SP in early game? Or is money so tight that even if it does exist, it aint worth it?

In addition to the options already mentioned, there's also a vending machine in the Arcade on Central Street that sells SP drinks.

ckohler

I just got to the point where the game cuts you loose to choose to do whatever you want and I'm suddenly uncertain, lol.

And this is from someone who beat P4. I kinda forgot how intimidating it is to decide.

What do you guys think of Last Surprise (the main battle theme) in this game? It's good, but I much prefer P4'sReach Out To The Truth and P3's Mass Destruction (in that order). Maybe it's because there's a lot going on in battles with the menus, and I'm not focusing on the music as much. I'm sure it'll grow on me.

Got to play roughly an hour yesterday and made it through the
castle
. Does the FOV get better in other dungeons or when I'll return? It felt like looking through a tube which was not very pleasant for me. I don't remember having the problem with Persona 4: Golden on Vita.
I think up and down on the dpad changes the camera a bit.

You can also get a lot of equipment in Mementos, you can either sell it or use it instead of buying new stuff often. I remember that I used to buy weapons just from time to time as you could find equipment in the dungeons. Some people didn't like Mementos, but you're usually overpowered when you have to go there is pretty easy to get a lot of stuff there. Sure, sometimes buying equipment may be necessary, but it's better to buy a weapon for let's say Ryuji instead of trying to get weapons for everyone constantly. I remember that at one point in the game I realized I hadn't bought Yusuke a gun since 2 dungeons ago but it didn't feel necessary at all because physical skills are much more powerful than using weapons or guns.

Also, if you're fighting a boss (any boss)
And you're given the choice to send a party member to do anything don't send your main healer or if you really have to, then make sure that the MC has a persona that can make up for the person you just sent.

ymgve

Do you keep your knowledge/guts etc in NG+, and does the "what have other people picked this day" screen not differ between NG and NG+? Because I can't understand how people are hanging out with
the maid-teacher
in May without focusing everything on leveling Guts.

Also, do guns get more useful as you progress in the game? At the moment they don't really do more damage than a standard physical attack, so I only use them to snipe enemies who are weak to guns.

Jiraiza

God damn the first boss is difficult on hard. This is what I get for trying the hardest difficulty on my first persona game.

Definitely need Morgana at least level 11 to beat him (or have party-wide heal items). Had my guys all at 10 and I just couldn't keep up with the damage and heals.

aravuus

You can also get a lot of equipment in Mementos, you can either sell it or use it instead of buying new stuff often. I remember that I used to buy weapons just from time to time as you could find equipment in the dungeons. Some people didn't like Mementos, but you're usually overpowered when you have to go there is pretty easy to get a lot of stuff there. Sure, sometimes buying equipment may be necessary, but it's better to buy a weapon for let's say Ryuji instead of trying to get weapons for everyone constantly. I remember that at one point in the game I realized I hadn't bought Yusuke a gun since 2 dungeons ago but it didn't feel necessary at all because physical skills are much more powerful than using weapons or guns.

I'm not sure I see the point of a powerful gun either way, the only thing they seem to be good for is downing flying enemies. They seem to do pitiful damage in all situations.

Do you keep your knowledge/guts etc in NG+, and does the "what have other people picked this day" screen not differ between NG and NG+? Because I can't understand how people are hanging out with
the maid-teacher
in May without focusing everything on leveling Guts.

Social stats carry over to NG+, yeah.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
img_0139xbr6o.jpg

It's finally really real. Let's do this

supergiz

Spoilers within but time related game over stuff here:

So I thought I was safe getting to the treasure on Saturday (2 days before expulsion). Then as soon as I get the treasure they mention having to wait until next day to leave the calling card, then wait a whole one more day to get the treasure. This is such bullshit they don't warn you about that in advance. Now I have to go back 7 days losing a lot of progress repeating the same stuff I did before??? Is there no other way around this?
I'm really feeling frustrated right now.

Rozart

If you leave the school after classes have ended to go grab some supplies, can you re-enter the school again?

Also, I came across some politician who's holding a rally at night @ Shibuya I think? And Morgana mentions that I would need Sojiro's permission to attend it. I assume this is something that unlocks later on? Because I've talked to Sojiro at the cafe and nothing came up.

JJShadow

If you leave the school after classes have ended to go grab some supplies, can you re-enter the school again?

Also, I came across some politician who's holding a rally at night @ Shibuya I think? And Morgana mentions that I would need Sojiro's permission to attend it. I assume this is something that unlocks later on? Because I've talked to Sojiro at the cafe and nothing came up.

Yes, as long as you don't do any activity to make time pass you can come back to the school again

Yep, going out to Shibuya at night is something you unlock later on

Spoilers within but time related game over stuff here:

So I thought I was safe getting to the treasure on Saturday (2 days before expulsion). Then as soon as I get the treasure they mention having to wait until next day to leave the calling card, then wait a whole one more day to get the treasure. This is such bullshit they don't warn you about that in advance. Now I have to go back 7 days losing a lot of progress repeating the same stuff I did before??? Is there no other way around this?
I'm really feeling frustrated right now.

Unfortunately, no. You need 3 days in total to complete everything. I know how you feel.

I'm not sure I see the point of a powerful gun either way, the only thing they seem to be good for is downing flying enemies. They seem to do pitiful damage in all situations.

My point is: you don't need to keep buying equipment all the time. The effect of having new stuff, at least on normal difficulty doesn't justify the importance some people are giving to it.

supergiz

Unfortunately, no. You need 3 days in total to complete everything. I know how you feel.

Ahh shit think i'll be getting some real life sleep then to calm down & replay hours of the same stuff tomorrow. That's a huge design flaw that they didn't let you know that prior to entering the tower. God danget :(

Ahh shit think i'll be getting some real life sleep then to calm down & replay hours of the same stuff tomorrow. That's a huge design flaw that they didn't let you know that prior to entering the tower. God danget :(

The game is pretty sparse regarding this information. I had a hard time reaching the treasure without hopping out.

The hold L1 to highlight important objects mechanic is going to get annoying, it reminds me of the dragon age inquisition item find pulse button where i'm just pinging it in every new room rather than naturally inspecting environments.

^
I actually explored most of the dungeons holding L1 like at all times.

Oh sure, I was just adding to what you said

You're right, I read it the other way. I should go to sleep instead of keep reading this thread.

(I'm doing other stuff anyways, can't go to sleep yet =____= )

bluethree

Indeed, the voice acting in this game is stellar.

Yeah I've been watching some youtube videos (already played the JP version) and the voice acting is just so on point, even despite the sometimes clunky dialogue. Makoto in particular sounds really good if a bit different from the JP version.

LowParry

Ya know. Morgana. If they had got one of the voices of Gumball...this game would be perfect. Game's pretty fun so far. Interesting story.

Finished the mini-boss of the first dungeon just barely.
Do they really lock you out of returning to the previous safe room and force you to progress? My way back was barred and I basically got crushed by enemies.

Guys, your party members nag you literally every day to finish the dungeons! How can you possibly blame the game for not pressing you to finish the things in time?

To be fair, previous Persona games didn't force you to wait additional days to do finish the dungeon.

Guys, your party members nag you literally every day to finish the dungeons! How can you possibly blame the game for not pressing you to finish the things in time?

Cloukyo

Banned
The game is brilliant but I'm really having a lot of trouble with the 00s anime dialogue. I really expect someone to say "just like keikaru" at some point now

Dugna

I got a really weird bug, that I never got in the japanese version....my game is suddenly playing boss music during calm scenes and playing calm music during a boss.

ckohler

Call me crazy but I swear I heard the English VA for Chie while wandering around the school. She says something like, "It'll be great!" I think I also heard Yukiko's English VA as another random female student in the hallways saying something.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Game has been opening up a lot and I'm really liking the combat loop in the first dungeon.

Fuuuuck this game is good.

I think the game does have markers on the calendar telling you when the deadline for certain goals within the dungeon is, prior to the major deadline. Kinda sucks though since making players wait to finish the dungeon is a new thing they didn't mention but everything else gets a 6 paragraph tutorial.

Finished the mini-boss of the first dungeon just barely.
Do they really lock you out of returning to the previous safe room and force you to progress? My way back was barred and I basically got crushed by enemies.

The fight in the chapel? You can still go back, you have to cut through the pews to get back around the bars.

Dugna

holy cow this bug is weird, its now playing voice tracks from everything in the game in one line. I legit just heard about 15 mins of straight voices and I know what scenes they're from, and its playing wrong music for everything...I can't hear sound effects at all.

looks like its a bug with the japanese track, .....how do you screw up a thing like a voice track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom