• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished 4/15, really have to go to sleep.

I am so into this, holy crap. Never played a game that was anything like it. The style, the writing, voice acting, music, I'm loving it all. The fact that I feel this game pulling me from Zelda (a GOAT contender) wow.... gonna be really hard to split time properly.

Only 4 1/2 hours in so far, when the dungeons are properly explorable do you get to create points where you can nip in and out without having to backtrack through completed floors? How actually can I expect the dungeons to work? I liked P3's more than P4s in many ways, so I'm kind of curious about what to expect.

DVCY201

Speaking of confidants... where the hell is Ann? and why are the confidants not marked on the map? How can i find them?

Classroom or Underground Shibuya Mall. If you do Quick Travel, you can see where Confidants are, but only if you've started them I believe

I cant bring myself to do it. I feel like a part of the game is lost if you dont chose your own answer and schedule your own schoolyear. I might do some slight research on some hard to complete confidants though.

I can relate, there are spoiler free guides out there if you need a little bit of help.

Jintor

Only 4 1/2 hours in so far, when the dungeons are properly explorable do you get to create points where you can nip in and out without having to backtrack through completed floors? How actually can I expect the dungeons to work? I liked P3's more than P4s in many ways, so I'm kind of curious about what to expect.
You can port to safe rooms. Check your map

Biggest change to the battle system I've noticed so far (since P3, not sure about P4) is that prone enemies no longer take a turn to get back up -- they can get up and attack in one turn. Not sure how I feel about that yet, but it definitely changes strategy.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Classroom or Underground Shibuya Mall. If you do Quick Travel, you can see where Confidants are, but only if you've started them I believe

Weird, they don't even pop up if you're near them, like i'm standing 1 meter away from Yusuke and there is nothing on the map...

Anyway thanks.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Weird, they don't even pop up if you're near them, like i'm standing 1 meter away from Yusuke and there is nothing on the map...

Anyway thanks.

You have to press square on the map. You can also use third eye to make your confidants glow, but that doesn't really help much.

Call me crazy but I swear I heard the English VA for Chie while wandering around the school. She says something like, "It'll be great!" I think I also heard Yukiko's English VA as another random female student in the hallways saying something.

I swear I heard Akihiko saying, "It can't be!" the first time I went into the subway.

Anoxida

Atlus, getting a game over when MC dies in battle is super lameee!

Yep. I dont get why they're still doing this especially when youre not familiar with the enemys str/wkn. You just happen to have a paticular persona equiped and u get hit for 85% of your hp. It's so stupid. Only complaint I have so far.

Wunder

Is anyone having trouble navigating around the open world, or do most people just use the quick travel? I spent like a good ten minutes wandering around Shibuya trying to figure out how to get back home. I wanted to try and figure it out but I'll honestly just end up using the fast travel 90% of the time

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Is anyone having trouble navigating around the open world, or do most people just use the quick travel? I spent like a good ten minutes wandering around Shibuya trying to figure out how to get back home. I wanted to try and figure it out but I'll honestly just end up using the fast travel 90% of the time

I'm using QT most the time.

Rozart

Yes. I got lost trying to get back to school after stocking up at Shibuya. I also got lost trying to find the underground mall + the convenience store (which was just down across the street from the drugstore I was at...maybe I just have a bad sense of direction). The quick travel helps me out a lot.

bryt

I love this game. I played it for 13 hours today lol.

Also seeing Shibuya station in game after being in Japan just this past winter was amazing. Brings back good memories.

JJShadow

Is it possible to buy sp regen items early on? Really want to two-shot the first dungeon.

Not really, you can find some SP restoring drinks/meals in certain vending machines but they only grant you 5-10 SP

SPs are the main limitation in the early game

Zeusy

So just got done playing for the day beat the first castle finally! I've logged 13 hours. First time playing persona and I'm loving it so far!

Jb

The second dungeon looks amazing. The creativity in the level design makes the dungeon crawling feel so much more interesting than in pretty much every other SMT game I've played.

Speaking of which, Yusuke wouldn't be out of place in a Kaneko game. I wonder if Soejima wanted to honor him since both are artists.

Anoxida

Edit: puzzle question: dungeon #1 floor 3

need a key to progress further than the 3rd floor first dungeon. I think Ive been everywhere except near the entrance where theres a dude in golden armor and red aura.
Does he have it? I dont have manh fights left in me before I need to bow out due to sp shortage.

nOoblet16

I get that this is a dungeon crawler and you are to tackle a dungeon over several days (while your friends keep asking you to go back every single day) but this game pads a lot. Oh the thing you need is next doors but you need a key which is inside a room that needs another sort of key for which you need to backtrack and face the enemies you already faced since they respawn.

I would have liked it if the dungeons were shorter because they end up feeling boring halfway through as it's the same shit over and over again. I hated the procedural dungeons in previous games and they had a good idea with the way they're done here and their themes but it kind of still falls flat imo.

Puzzle Question Dungeon #1 3F
need a key to progress further than the 3rd floor first dungeon. I think Ive been everywhere except near the entrance where theres a dude in golden armor and red aura.
Does he have it? I dont have manh fights left in me before I need to bow out due to sp shortage.

Is that near the area with the stairs that appear as you walk? If so then yeah the Golden armored enemy has a key. You'll need to do two fights though so be prepared.

Btw is there any reason not to do a hold up and end ge fight by talking? It's so much quicker and easier that I won't be surprised if there wasn't a downside to it.

I think there's less experience since you're not killing the shadows.

nOoblet16

Btw is there any reason not to do a hold up and end ge fight by talking? It's so much quicker and easier that I won't be surprised if there wasn't a downside to it.

Wunder

Is there a difference in experience gain if you negotiate with two (or more) knocked down personas compared to killing all of them and leaving one alive?

Svantovit

Neo Member
so nobody else has gotten the japanese voice track to super bug out and just have random sounds?

After trying the japanese Voiceover i had some major bugs. There was no voice acting and the Music switched randomly... Tried to restart the game, didn´t change a thing. So i deinstalled the DLC and downloaded it again, after that the Problem was solved.

Dugna

After trying the japanese Voiceover i had some major bugs. There was no voice acting and the Music switched randomly... Tried to restart the game, didn´t change a thing. So i deinstalled the DLC and downloaded it again, after that the Problem was solved.

alright thanks, the same stuff was happening to me. I cutscene had just random gibberish for the whole thing because of so many voices playing.

So question again, how do you uninstall DLC on the PS4? I've never had to in my life do it .

MTC100

Banned
Edit: puzzle question: dungeon #1 floor 3

Floor 3 sounds pretty early so I guess it's not the puzzle with the
Guillotines blocking the way
. You need to
check all the rooms for books, there is also a library where you can put in the missing books, you need 3 of them and you will know which one fits where once you ready the description of the other books in that section.

Tunoku

Nice, would have done it in one go too probably IF I wasn't so stingy about that one single item that restores all SP/HP of my party ^^

Yeah, I'm a Soma hoarder too. I don't really care abot efficiency on my first run through the game, so I'm fine with just stepping out to do some daily life stuff. Doing dungeons in one night is a lot easier in later dungeons, first one can get rough due to the low amount of SP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom