• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

So I was looking for the Dungeon 4 theme on Youtube, and the feels just came rolling back.
It seems that its title is
"The Days When my Mother Was There."
Futaba, the poor dear :(

9/17 spoilers

Fuuuuuuuck Morgana. Yeah, Ryuji was a dick to him but at least Ryuji will pretend to put his dickishness aside. I can't even begin to feel sorry for Morgana being even more of a baby.

And its even more annoying to me
Morgana was a dick to Ryuji for the entire game prior to that point. He's just being a petulant child for nothing but spite.
It really turned me off his character because it's total bullshit that he never gets called out for treating Ryuji like he's literally retarded and speaking to him like a five year old.

Opa-Pa

So I was looking for the Dungeon 4 theme on Youtube, and the feels just came rolling back.

Oh god. I've had the soundtrack for a while and that name seemed odd but didn't listen to the song at all.

Wow.

You know, I think it's kind of a shame they decided to make the personas the enemies in P5. I mean, I think I get WHY they did it, but I do miss seeing cool new monsters designs, and being a series vet I was pretty much familiar with every enemy design in the game save the few new personas and the bosses.

So whos the P4G expert than im going to be bothering with questions for the next few weeks?

Step up, you know you want to senpai.

I don't know that I'd consider myself a full on expert, but I've played through P4 and Golden a good many times, and I'd be happy to help, as it's my favorite JRPG of all time :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't know that I'd consider myself a full on expert, but I've played through P4 and Golden a good many times, and I'd be happy to help, as it's my favorite JRPG of all time :)

Youre hired. The pay is zero dollars per hour, and there are no benefits.

Alright time for a nitpick.

Post palace 7 spoilers:

The way the group reacted when it was revealed ryuji was alive after escaping the palace was beyond silly. Cmon, give the guy an emotional hug or something after saving the whole group!

I actually enjoyed that scene.
I didn't think girls would react like that in real life until recently. Girls are mean and weird.

Ydelnae

I just finished the game. I will let my thoughts rest until tomorrow, but I'm happy that Atlus delivered another masterpiece just like they did years ago.

Saying goodbye to the characters is hard. They've been with me for more than 100 hours. Now the clock starts ticking again until the next Persona.

Exentryk

The localisation should have done better with some terms like tarukaja, rakukaja, tarunda, matarunda, etc. Bravery, Faithga, Atk Up, Def Up, etc., could have worked better.

Out of curiosity, is there any difference in content between romancing a party member or a regular confidant? Such as missing or additional scenes or the like?

Sölf

The localisation should have done better with some terms like tarukaja, rakukaja, tarunda, matarunda, etc. Bravery, Faithga, Atk Up, Def Up, etc., could have worked better.

The oldest game I played was Persona 3 and even back then all the spells had the exact same names. Why change it now? It takes a bit of getting used to, but come on, it's not hard.

Ulong

Out of curiosity, is there any difference in content between romancing a party member or a regular confidant? Such as missing or additional scenes or the like?

There's one seen where if you are dating a party member there is literally one unique reaction dialogue from that party member, that's about it.

Exentryk

Yes, this is my first Persona/SMT game, and it's really annoying trying to memorize these. I am sure veterans already have it memorized and now feel it is part of the games, but as a newcomer, this is really annoying. I'm sure I'll learn it eventually.

ramyeon

Yes, this is my first Persona/SMT game, and it's really annoying trying to memorize these. I am sure veterans already have it memorized and now feel it is part of the games, but as a newcomer, this is really annoying. I'm sure I'll learn it eventually.
And can you imagine what it would be like if they suddenly changed the naming convention they've been running with for years and years just to cater to first timers?

Not to mention Atk Up is terrible compared to Tarukaja.

Sadist

Almost time for me to wrap up palace 6. Been one a pretty cool ride. Palace 6 spoilers

The Battle Arena was a joke, really. I just used Rangda and the enemies just kept using physical attacks. Easy win. Especially when Thor appeared and used his own special attack to knock himself out. Hilarious shit. Now I'm just upgrading my stuff.

I also upgraded my knowledge to level 5. Everything else is on 4.

Btw, regarding social links and romancing... I accidentlly got into one with
the drunk journalist. That girl's thirst isn't just for alcohol, yikes

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

No need to memorize, just hit square.

So the final boss
is a giant cup.

Keep playing.

Three games in and I still check the descriptions, but have gotten used to it that it would feel weird to have it changed.

They've been using those names for skills as far back as 2004 with SMT Nocturne. It'd be ridiculous and lame for them to change the names out of the blue like that.

It's like if Final Fantasy XVI comes out and people want them to change Fira and Firaga to "Fire LV2" and "Fire LV3" - Sure it makes more sense but it takes the flair our of it and is completely unnecessary.

I do understand it can be difficult to grasp them as it's clearly your first entry but I think changing it up this late into the game would just be silly.

Tips for differentiating buffs - Skills ending in Aja is a buff while skills ending in Unda are debuffs. Rest of the skills are easy since their logo depicts what element/attack type they are quite easily.

Exentryk

And can you imagine what it would be like if they suddenly changed the naming convention they've been running with for years and years just to cater to first timers?

Not to mention Atk Up is terrible compared to Tarukaja.

Yeah, it's probably a comment for when the series was first localised I guess. Probably too hard to change these terms now.

And no, Tarukaja is terrible as a localised term. Atk Up or some other English word that suggests attack bonus would be better.

Vengal

Man this week I haven't had a ton of time to play and Palace 5 felt like it would just never end, to top it all off Morgana the wonder cat wont even let you go downstairs to call becky to do night activities once i finally finished it.

Going to send the cat to go live wit Ryuiji or something.

Yeah, it's probably a comment for when the series was first localised I guess. Probably too hard to change these terms now.

And no, Tarukaja is terrible as a localised term. Atk Up or some other English word that suggests attack bonus would be better.

Attackaja would make me chuckle

So whos the P4G expert than im going to be bothering with questions for the next few weeks?

Step up, you know you want to senpai.

Youre hired. The pay is zero dollars per hour, and there are no benefits.

Sucker! I would have done it for half as much!

This exchange made me laugh aloud.

Opa-Pa

I don't think they're even japanese words, they're just supposed to sound like obscure spells, I believe.

They have their logic too so you'll eventually learn them and it'll be second nature. For example Taru = Attack, Kaja = Up, Unda = Down, Ma= All. So Tarukaja is Atk Up, Matarunda is Atk down for everyone, etc, etc.

Exentryk

It's like if Final Fantasy XVI comes out and people want them to change Fira and Firaga to "Fire LV2" and "Fire LV3" - Sure it makes more sense but it takes the flair our of it and is completely unnecessary.

I do understand it can be difficult to grasp them as it's clearly your first entry but I think changing it up this late into the game would just be silly.

That's a pretty stupid analogy, because Fira and Fire lv2 both convey that it is a fire spell at least. But good luck telling what Tarukaja is.

TissueBox

First part in-game I nearly cried... that doesn't help! *sniffle*
Stop cutting onions, inmate!

Top Bottom