• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

YaBish

Just finished.

What a beautiful game 😢

Edit: My save file was 86 hours on Normal. Only missed out on maxing 4 confidants, which I felt was a pretty good number for a non min-max playthrough.

It's gonna take a while to sort through my emotions after finishing this. It kinda feels like I just finished a great book.

OHH yayyyyy I found the kitty cat!! although this kitty cat does not sound like he likes being called that, "Morgana"

sounds like a girl to me.

thank you
Keep playing. It's all explained eventually.
i'm playin...like it a lot so far
The police are his bitches tho!
what kinda polices are bitches!
Just finished.

What a beautiful game ��
great, you just finished something beautiful as I started it =]

ShadyK54

Playing through Palace 5 & for the first time, I'm gonna split it over two in-game days. The previous 4 I've been able to blast through in one day, but this particular palace calls for LOTS of SP items even though I have the
SP regeneration
accessories equipped.

Kind of a slog. Just when you think you've reached the end, boom, new floor.

I'm running low on SP. is it possible to exit the palace to get some SP recovery items and return back? It says I can fast travel to building 3F.

Opa-Pa

Man, the last dungeon is making me appreciate how every character is viable so much. It's so difficult that I've been forced to re-adjust my party like thrice, and trying new combinations and seeing them save my ass in the last moment is super satisfying, especially when I can pull off a full baton pass cycle. So good!

Kyrios

Man, the last dungeon is making me appreciate how every character is viable so much. It's so difficult that I've been forced to re-adjust my party like thrice, and trying new combinations and seeing them save my ass in the last moment is super satisfying, especially when I can pull off a full baton pass cycle. So good!

Those full baton passes feel so great lol

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Playing through Palace 5 & for the first time, I'm gonna split it over two in-game days. The previous 4 I've been able to blast through in one day, but this particular palace calls for LOTS of SP items even though I have the
SP regeneration
accessories equipped.

Kind of a slog. Just when you think you've reached the end, boom, new floor.

Not sure what I did special, but Palace 5 was one of the shortest and easiest in the game for me. I really think that there's some GAF psychological fuckery going on here. Phantom Thieves style. So many people crapping on it that it becomes longer in your mind's eye. Easy enemies, easy puzzles, tons of empty space. Meanwhile Palace 7 was so long, I ended up looking up a guide.

Palace 3 is still by far the longest, outside of Palace 7.

ckohler

I'm running low on SP. is it possible to exit the palace to get some SP recovery items and return back? It says I can fast travel to building 3F.
You can exit the palace by going to a safe room to fast travel back to the entrance and then exit. However, this will advance time and you will be forced to sleep in the real world before you can return. Sleeping will replenish your HP and SP. You can then renenter the palace and use the map to jump to your last safe room.

Kyrios

Not sure what I did special, but Palace 5 was one of the shortest and easiest in the game for me. I really think that there's some GAF psychological fuckery going on here. Phantom Thieves style. So many people crapping on it that it becomes longer in your mind's eye. Easy enemies, easy puzzles, tons of empty space. Meanwhile Palace 7 was so long, I ended up looking up a guide.

Palace 3 is still by far the longest, outside of Palace 7.

Yeah that's what I was saying too. Enemies in Palace 5 are by far the easiest out of the palaces.

You can exit the palace by going to a safe room to fast travel back to the entrance and then exit. However, this will advance time and you will be forced to sleep in the real world before you can return. Sleeping will replenish your HP and SP. You can then renenter the palace and use the map to jump to your last safe room.

Ok. So are there items I can buy to recover HP/SP? I know you can use some persona abilities.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Yeah that's what I was saying too. Enemies in Palace 5 are by far the easiest out of the palaces.

Yes! They are very weak. It's almost shocking since it's sandwiched between two palaces with some hard as nails enemies. Palace 5 felt like a breather. So short. So easy. But on here,.. it's like it lasts 203434 hours and is filled with the most difficult encounters ever in a RPG.

It's explained dozens of hours later. Like I said, keep playing. All you need to know is, you stepped on rich toes. It fucked your life up. Everything is explained eventually.

i finally made it to the school. i can tell this is definitely a game for me, just a few things though.

being that i'm a newcomer to the persona series, i just remember last year when i played digimon story cyber sleuth, everybody said "if you're into this, you'll be into persona next year"

indeed i was very into cyber sleuth, there just a few nuances i need to get used to, granted there were some things i ended up never understand about cyber sleuth's gameplay though.

as far as persona goes so far, i only noticed during combat that

a. it doesn't you whose turn is next and
b. how much health the enemy has on their heart

ErzaScarlet77

Neo Member
47JXu8c.png

Evil Yusuke? when did that happen?

ShadyK54

Yes! They are very weak. It's almost shocking since it's sandwiched between two palaces with some hard as nails enemies. Palace 5 felt like a breather. So short. So easy. But on here,.. it's like it lasts 203434 hours and is filled with the most difficult encounters ever in a RPG.

Different strokes for different folks, then.

Didn't care for the spot with
the three waves of enemies
, either. I would've preferred
2 waves rather than 3
in that instance.

Guess Who

Banned
i finally made it to the school. i can tell this is definitely a game for me, just a few things though.

being that i'm a newcomer to the persona series, i just remember last year when i played digimon story cyber sleuth, everybody said "if you're into this, you'll be into persona next year"

indeed i was very into cyber sleuth, there just a few nuances i need to get used to, granted there were some things i ended up never understand about cyber sleuth's gameplay though.

You can press (I think) down on the D-Pad to see who gets the next turn.

There is indeed no display for "total enemy HP", though, as far as I know, just a relative value based on how full the heart is.

I believe down on the d-pad shows who's next. As for not showing hp remaining, I figure it's likely intended to make combat more challenging.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

I never thought of that.....man it does blow. That's a pretty important point you've just randomly raised. Persona 6 needs this. So many times I attack enemies only to end with a few millimeters of health left for them. Cause I didn't know if it'd kill them or not.

...Shit...Patch this shit in.

Different strokes for different folks, then.

Didn't care for the spot with
the three waves of enemies
, either. I would've preferred
2 waves rather than 3
in that instance.

Pretty sure
each wave can die in one multi hitting spell. It's very easy stuff. Remember the elements that hit the robots. Trust me on this.

You can press (I think) down on the D-Pad to see who gets the next turn.

There is indeed no display for "total enemy HP", though, as far as I know, just a relative value based on how full the heart is.
word, that was probably not in digimon either anyway.

and anyways...45~ minutes, i got no complaints about the presentation.

it's dumb how you go straight through NPCs, but besides that - man this game is colorful and nice to look at,

the anime cutscenes look so...clean and polished and shit,

oh and sound!!!! everything from just the regular music to all the goddamn sound effects, it's great.

this game in general aesthetics are just so rad! even the fuckin app on the Ps4 (before pressing x to star the game) is cool to look at!

ckohler

Ok. So are there items I can buy to recover HP/SP? I know you can use some persona abilities.
You can buy certain sodas from the vending machines around town and in the school courtyard but they don't give you very much. Doing so does not pass time. You can also brew coffee in Lablanc at night which gives you more but passes time. You can buy more powerful HP items from the back alley doctor.

Also, in the palace, you can ask the shadows for free items after you do a Hold Up.

I believe down on the d-pad shows who's next. As for not showing hp remaining, I figure it's likely intended to make combat more challenging.
thanks, and yeah i've only done a few battles so i may change how i feel later on
You can see who's next by pressing down on the D pad. You can't see the whole turn cycle though.
that's fine, i just wanna know how many turns i got till the enemy goes again
I never thought of that.....man it does blow. That's a pretty important point you've just randomly raised. Persona 6 needs this. So many times I attack enemies only to end with a few millimeters of health left for them. Cause I didn't know if it'd kill them or not.

...Shit...Patch this shit in.

Pretty sure
each wave can die in one multi hitting spell. It's very easy stuff.
huh for real? the other guy just said it didn't really affect him much in the game. although yeah, i don't see why they shouldn't just add it in the next game anyway.

but i've only done like 3 or 4 battles thus far, as time goes on my opinions will probably evolve.

ShadyK54

Pretty sure
each wave can die in one multi hitting spell. It's very easy stuff. Remember the elements that hit the robots. Trust me on this.

I knew that? Just a matter of not having that many group spells and SP. Still doesn't take away from the fact that I would've preferred
2 waves to 3

You can buy certain sodas from the vending machines around town and in the school courtyard but they don't give you very much. Doing so does not pass time. You can also brew coffee in Lablanc at night which gives you more but passes time. You can buy more powerful HP items from the back alley doctor.

Also, in the palace, you can ask the shadows for free items after you do a Hold Up.

Thanks. When exit and return to a palace, the shadows respawn again I take it?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I knew that? Just a matter of not having that many group spells and SP. Still doesn't take away from the fact that I would've preferred
2 waves to 3

But....at that point in the game
a multi hit spell to kill these guys is almost covered by the SP regenerating accessories. It'll cost a handful of SP at best. Party members also get the spells to hit them. To me it sounds like you were underleveled, and undergeared.

ckohler

Thanks. When exit and return to a palace, the shadows respawn again I take it?
Yes. Even entering a safe room and immediately exiting respawns shadows. There are lots of ways to conserve SP, like just avoiding shadows or making sure to knock them down using thier weaknesses asap.

ShadyK54

But....at that point in the game
a multi hit spell to kill these guys is almost covered by the SP regenerating accessories. It'll cost a handful of SP at best. Party members also get the spells to hit them. To me it sounds like you were underleveled, and undergeared.

Nope. I'm leveled and geared just fine. Just don't have a ton of group spells amongst my group. That's it.

Ferrio

Banned
Made it through Palace 5 in one night. I actually didn't think it was that bad, posts here made it sound like it was hell.
Admittedly the very first part had me worried, I thought they were going to keep repeating that key card shit over and over. The rest of the palace was perfectly fine.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Localization isn't bad but the characters lacked charisma compared to P4.

Then again, for those who played P4 JP and P5 JP, did they have the same charisma as compared to their English counterparts?

carlsojo

Localization isn't bad but the characters lacked charisma compared to P4.

Then again, for those who played P4 JP and P5 JP, did they have the same charisma as compared to their English counterparts?

The characters in P4 certainly had more fun. P5 is just a darker story overall.

ShadyK54

Yeaaaah, Treasure reached! Calling card time.

The parts with the doors confused me so bad. Not good with those types of puzzles lol.

KraytarJ

Just finished up at almost exactly 90 hours. Not sure quite yet how I compare it to 4. There are definite parts I like more (palaces, MC, individual party members) but others I liked less (no clubs, party as a group, general vibe). I just have to catch that fish and then it's on to NG+

What's the Japanese phrase for "let's go!" Is it ikuzo? Google translate and the Japanese app I have are completely useless.

Edit: Yes it is. Google search did the trick.

Top Bottom